Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young people, women and motorists in the Northeast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young people, women and motorists in the Northeast.

Avoid them. Because they dont know how to drive. Lol.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Americ...213013421.html

More than one in five Americans -- some 36.9 million -- are not fit to drive and would fail a driving test if asked to take one today, according to a new survey of the nation's drivers.

Shocking as that may be, it's actually an improvement. Last year, 38 million received failing grades. Nationwide, the average score this year increased to 77.9% from 76.2% in 2010.

According to GMAC Insurance, which conducted the survey, the results mean that a great number of people on the road still lack basic driving knowledge, an ignorance that leads to dangerous driving habits.

For example, a full 85% of those surveyed could not identify the correct action to take when approaching a steady yellow traffic light.

And only one in four knew safe following distances.

But, the survey suggests, you can avoid some of these drivers if you know what to look for: Young people, women and motorists who live in the Northeast.

Twenty-seven percent of women failed the test, while males had a failure rate of 13.6%. The oldest drivers tested -- ages 60 to 65 -- had the highest average test scores at 80.3%.

Drivers in the Northeast scored lowest, while respondents in the Midwest fared best. The worst place, no surprise to anyone who drives there, is Washington, D.C.

Wyoming, where less than 5% of the population failed the test, took home the top prize for states.

The annual GMAC Insurance National Drivers test polled 5,130 licensed drivers from 50 states and the District of Columbia with a 20-question test derived from state department of motor vehicles exams.
    The population of the entire state of Wyoming is less than a million, so I think that score is skewed slightly. The biggest surprise there is the 60-65 age range scoring the best, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

The oldest drivers tested -- ages 60 to 65 -- had the highest average test scores at 80.3%.
    Bwwwwhahahaha .. I love being in the majority ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Young women in the Northeast... disasters waiting to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
        Bwwwwhahahaha .. I love being in the majority ..
        I keep forgetting you're our oldest member

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Young women in the Northeast... disasters waiting to happen!
        Snooki?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Snooki isn't waiting to happen. Snooki happened.

Comment

Young women everywhere... disasters waiting to happen!
            Fixed
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Yeah, but that doesn't use the criteria mentioned in the original post... so it's not funny. It's just sexist.

Comment

wait you mean to tell me that someone actually believes women are worse drivers then men..................FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and hellz yea Wyoming, where less than 5% of the population failed the test, took home the top prize for states. beat that USA wyoming rocks!!!!!..........no not really wyoming still blows
                Last edited by almostJDM; 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

The population of the entire state of Wyoming is, what, 600k? 700k? It's less than a million, I know that much.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                    The population of the entire state of Wyoming is, what, 600k? 700k? It's less than a million, I know that much.
                    i think its getting close to 500k if its over that it isn't by much

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

It used to be 500, so i figured it wouldve grown some. Guess not, lol. Still. 5% of 500k is only 25000 people. I think it's a little skewed, lol.

Comment

yea and I'm sure they would get a different number if they actually asked everyone

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

Yeah, but that doesn't use the criteria mentioned in the original post... so it's not funny. It's just sexist.
                          the original post IS sexist. a. young people. b. women. c. everyone in the northeast.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                            I keep forgetting you're our oldest member
                            ahaha .. don't ever forget it .. actually, there's a few of us that are .. errr, up there ..
                            Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                            i think its getting close to 500k if its over that it isn't by much
                            Wyoming is the tenth largest U.S. state by area, and it is the least populous, with a U.S. Census population of 563,626 in 2010. This is a 14.1% increase since 2000.[1] Cheyenne is the capital and the most populous city of Wyoming with a population of nearly 60,000 people within its city proper
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

This.

Pakalo..damn you are an old fart hey guys wait for it...pretty soon we'll be referred to as the damn kids or better yet whippersnappers.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X