Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba, 22 pound lobster dies

Atleast 50 years old :eek:

March 2, 2005—Don't bother trying to butter up Bubba. He's already got it made.
    Yesterday the 22-pound (10-kilogram) lobster had his sentence commuted by Bob Wholey, owner of Wholey's seafood market in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Caught between the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and the People for Eating Tasty Animals, Wholey decided to send the crotchety crustacean (estimated to be at least 50 years old) to a peaceful retirement in an aquarium at the Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

At 21 inches (53 centimeters) from nose to tail tip, Bubba makes the average-size (1.5-pound/0.7-kilogram) adult lobster in the photo look positively shrimpy. But he's not exactly the king of the sea.

Caught off eastern Canada in 1977, the biggest lobster ever recorded weighed in at 44 pounds (20 kilograms) and stretched to 41 inches (106 centimeters). And as recently as 2001, a London chef spared Barney, a 41-inch (96-centimeter) lobster trapped off southwestern England.

UPDATE, March 3, 2005—Bubba the lobster died yesterday in an aquarium at the Pittsburgh Zoo. At the zoo he was being examined to determine whether he was fit enough for the trip to the South Carolina museum that was to be his new home. The cause of death is not yet known, but Bob Wholey has suggested that the stress of the journey from his seafood market to the zoo is to blame.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

Hmm I hate lobster but shit, thats gonna make a family real happy and full. For a week.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That is one big freakin' lobster. Wow!
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

thats soo g000d

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
          thats soo g000d
          i will think of him everytime i eat at red lobster
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

lets all have a moment of silence for bubba..................OK LETS DIG IN!!!
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
              lets all have a moment of silence for bubba..................OK LETS DIG IN!!!
              haha, ummmm i'm starved lets eat. come to think of it would i wanna eat something that old..
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

LOL please pass the butter (starts crying as he stabs bubas tail with lobster fork)* now the butter (sprinkles over his tail and rips the shell off)

Comment

R.I.P Bubba
                  To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

2 lbs of butter,PLEASE! YUMMY

Hustle Hard! This is a design of some gear I've been workin on.

Comment

the put out a hit on that poor guy from the getgo when he got caught. i bet they where talkin on the phone to make sure that he doesnt make it to the next area sayin it was from natural causes uhh yeah right .

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        the put out a hit on that poor guy from the getgo when he got caught. i bet they where talkin on the phone to make sure that he doesnt make it to the next area sayin it was from natural causes uhh yeah right .
                        lmao i bet they slipped some kind of poison into his tank
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Damn, this thread REALLY needs some pics!

You know that lobster was more than twice the weight of 2 newborn babies. I bet you could have feed etheopia for a week on that monster.
                          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

I wonder if anyone ate it

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

ahh h22sparkle likes his simpsons.........

Comment

Working...
                              X