No announcement yet.

What's the appeal of getting Drunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been black out drunk. I've never not remembered what I said or did. I've had enough to say some dumb things (never really enough to DO any dumb things...) but that's it.

Most people that set out to get that drunk either have a problem, or maturity issues.

A little relaxes you. A little more makes you goofy. A little more can make you hilariously stupid. A little more, and the world starts spinning. A little more, and the guy next to you is wearing damp shoes. A little more... and it's time for bed.

I'm always smart enough to drink a ton of water before bed... so hangovers are rare.

Comment

i have only blacked out once from drinking and i never did it again. Finding out what happened that night, was pretty much the worst thing imaginable. It hasn't and won't ever happen again. Do i still drink? Of course, i love the taste of beer. Although, i know my limit.

Many people get "wasted, hammered, black out-drunk" because they either don't know their limit, or don't care. Sadly, most of these are the ones that end up on the road.

Click picture to see my mrt
      Instagram: sikz6

Comment

It is interesting in the fact that if you blackout once, it's a lot easier to blackout again (if the time period between the two events are close together.)

As in if you black out on Saturday, then you drink on Thursday. It's a lot more likely for you to black on on Thursday than say in a month.

As for why people black out? Not really sure... It definitely is not fun. Not really sure what they hype is.

Might be the fact that everyone's all like HOLY *#$! Fred, you were so frickin halarious. You were so blacked out. ah ha ha.

Then poor Fred thinks it's good to black out and keeps blacking out.

idk... i'm just grasping at straws.
        my 91 cb7
        Originally posted by 4doorfury
        I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Ive been that far a few times.

Can't say it was only from alcohol, but thats a different story.

Then i grew up and learned that having a good time is spending time with friends and laughing....not getting shitfaced.

So now i drink usually a few during the week or every other weekend and i RARELY get drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck View Post
            Might be the fact that everyone's all like HOLY *#$! Fred, you were so frickin halarious. You were so blacked out. ah ha ha.

Then poor Fred thinks it's good to black out and keeps blacking out.
            I think that has a lot to do with it. Everyone loves to tell stories about "Oh man, this one time I was blackout and...." and everyone tends to think they are hilarious.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
              I think that has a lot to do with it. Everyone loves to tell stories about "Oh man, this one time I was blackout and...." and everyone tends to think they are hilarious.
              Ya im not sure where your headed with this thread....

are you talking about adults or kids?

Kids obv think its hilarious and will do ANYTHING to impress their peers, thus getting way to drunk.

This is not new so im not sure what your getting at?

If your talking about grown men, then that is a little ridiculous.

Comment

the last time i got blacked out drunk I dont remember anything from 730 on....i refer to it as the liquid cocaine night.

I apparently almost got into some fights at a baseball game....got kicked out of a mcdonalds for throwing food....fell up some stairs and then down them....and wound up in the bathroom with two girls who were apparently topless....and going further

Wish I had remembered that part....but all in all the night wasnt bad....and considering how it ended youd think id wanna do it again....but nope haha

Im pretty sure hes talking about college aged kids....so ya im pretty sure the whole thing has to deal with the immaturity of them....theyll learn and grow out of it.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Yeah, it's mainly talking about the 18-25 year old crowd.

Maturity is a huge part of it, but I still have trouble understanding how people can do something and physically go through it and still continue to do the same thing again.

Plus, by the time you're my age (22-23) I feel like most people have "grown up" and should know how to act like adults.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Where the fuck is Dave when you need him?
                    He's a professional.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                    Bought from: ChampCoupe
                    Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Maturity is a huge part of it, but I still have trouble understanding how people can do something and physically go through it and still continue to do the same thing again.

Plus, by the time you're my age (22-23) I feel like most people have "grown up" and should know how to act like adults.
                      Some people never learn. Simple as that. I had a friend who got caught drinking and driving, had to pay fines, get interlock, tent city, the whole shebang. After it was all said and done, she still drinks and drive, even when we would try to stop her.

Same with binge drinking til you black out.

Click picture to see my mrt
                      Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Many people pass out drunk is because theyre feeling so good and they think one more drink wont hurt them. Or they just wanna act like idiots and have a reason for it.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Maturity is how they can do the same thing over and over even though it has no benefits or is counterproductive.

Also remember, you can't rent a car until your 25....so i don't really think people are fully matured until late 20's.

23 is still a kid mindset for sure.

Again this all depends on the individual.

Comment

I've been blackout dunk more times than I care to count, but I do not suffer from alcoholism. I drink because its fun, not just because of the social aspect, but also the feeling itself. Its very liberating to just not really care about much for a night. Sure ive had some stories that I'm not proud of, but I have way more really good experiences.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I dunno, but TypeG is HILARIOUS drunk.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                              Traded with: Cb7xChun
                              Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                              Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                              My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm fresh out of college and got tired of puking out bad beer, but I've given up on alcohol. I definitely understand the allure of leaving worries behind for a night, but I don't like any of the effects:
                                people get rowdy and aggressive under it's effects. They also smell, puke, sweat a lot, get dehydrated, and last but certainly not least, hung over.

A much better alternative for me is to take a rip from my friend's bong, which leaves me with almost completely different effects:
                                No physical discomfort -- no puking, sweating, head aches, no chance of overdose, nobody gets aggressive and loud, life is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X