No announcement yet.

Jetta the new Civic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air-cooled VW all the way. granted, they suck at highway but whatever lol. i just wouldnt touch any VW that isnt air-cooled!

corrados are nice. but when it comes to the rare factor...harlequin Golf or gtfo!

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
      air-cooled VW all the way. granted, they suck at highway but whatever lol. i just wouldnt touch any VW that isnt air-cooled!

corrados are nice. but when it comes to the rare factor...harlequin Golf or gtfo!
      those are pretty insane. ive seen some nice modded ones too. i like when people modify already nice cars or fast cars like people who do up NSX's. it's already a nice car but you just made it even cooler
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

There's always been a strong VW trend around my area. It grew at the same time as the Honda trend. The unfortunate thing for the Honda guys around here is that most of the VWs are done MUCH better than the local Hondas!

VWs have had a large tuner following in the US... probably longer than Hondas, honestly. I remember seeing souped up Sciroccos all the time when I was younger, but not so many Hondas. Hell, Neuspeed began with VWs, and progressed to honda (and beyond.)

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          those are pretty insane. ive seen some nice modded ones too. i like when people modify already nice cars or fast cars like people who do up NSX's. it's already a nice car but you just made it even cooler
          Only when you really do it right... tastefully, without compromising what makes the car really nice in the first place. I've seen pictures of NSXs slammed unreasonably low, rolling on HUGE wheels that would suck on a track, and painted some gaudy color. Of course, it's a show car... but come on... Make a show car out of a grocery getter, not a track weapon!

Comment

I like VWs but the reliability scares me. I feel like they peaked in ~97-99. I want a Passat Wagon so bad. Either the B4 VR6 or the B5 V6. So sexy in and out.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I have yet to find a VW that I would trust reliability-wise. They're fantastic cars when they work, but I've seen a number of them with serious electrical problems (my friend's 2 year old GLI was at the dealer for 3 solid months as they tried to figure out the problems!) I've also seen a number of them on fire. One Passat actually exploded. That was fun to watch.

The simpler the VW, the better it is. My friend's 67 Beetle only had electrical problems after his moron buddy decided to try to rewire it. They were never able to get that car to run again.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                I like VWs but the reliability scares me. I feel like they peaked in ~97-99. I want a Passat Wagon so bad. Either the B4 VR6 or the B5 V6. So sexy in and out.
                that was the deciding factor between the forester and a passat wagon, the amount of recalls. VW was over 8 and the forester was 2 and one was for the automatic transmission something and mines a manual.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post

idk about you, but wtf is honda thinking these days. Im sorry this aint like the future with flying cars and lcd screens all over the dash
                  qft

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    that was the deciding factor between the forester and a passat wagon, the amount of recalls. VW was over 8 and the forester was 2 and one was for the automatic transmission something and mines a manual.
                    Augh they look so good though. I want a wagon for my next car. I will prob just get a CE1.

But if not for the problems u couldn't go wrong w/a Passat. Or a B5 A4. I wanna do a 4.2 swap on a B5 1.8T Quattro.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post

how is it any sadder than someone driving an old civic and accord? i'm just asking
                      Because it is the trend around here. That's where im comin from..Hondas are no longer the 'trend' in my area anymore lol, which is kinda nice. But I've only got a few other buddies with a civic, CD, and a BB6 left. We're a dying breed haha..in central VT

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        Augh they look so good though. I want a wagon for my next car. I will prob just get a CE1.

But if not for the problems u couldn't go wrong w/a Passat. Or a B5 A4. I wanna do a 4.2 swap on a B5 1.8T Quattro.
                        VW/Audi do make amazing looking cars...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          VW/Audi do make amazing looking cars...
                          SOME* Mike, lol, some!

The new Passats? holy balls. They're absolutely ginormous. We just got two in, one's a TDI. I sat in a brown one before it got PDI'd and realized it was a VW and not some huge american car. Even the the latest car and driver mentions how disappointed they are with the loss of "german feel".

But, they DO make excellent handling cars. Even my old A6 I put that thing through some hell and it always held up well. However it was all stock--my granny grocer.

Guess where I was coming from when I started this thread was purely just contemplation into why mark4's and 5's are the new modding trend, most of these kids don't know shit about cars they just buy a golf and buy all the parts they can possibly lay their hands on. Nice thing about german cars though I will admit is that generally it's hard to get the knock-off stuff, but the name brand stuff can be a pretty penny and then some. Just my .02

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                            looks like you don't know the difference between durability and reliability, here i'll help out http://www.multiface.com/RvsDTest.PDF

tell you what, go find 10,000 modded civic/integra and i will bet you more than 10 will be stolen/vandalized, funny how you don't take into account modded cars vs modded cars

so you mean to tell me a stock evo, stock g35, stock mustang, stock wrx, stock nsx, stock s2000, stock m3 etc are not tuner cars?

i don't even know what you are talking about with the post 2000 design and basis for every honda

how is it any sadder than someone driving an old civic and accord? i'm just asking

so say that a tundra outperforms a ram (with heritage) which one is real and which one is better?

btw go do some research on where those trucks are made and tell me they are all american

they aren't. since i know you love opinions since facts don't sink in here is a freebee
                            It's just my opinion dude. Don't hurt yourself.
                            Last edited by turbomaxx; 07-30-2011, 05:55 PM.
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                              SOME* Mike, lol, some!

The new Passats? holy balls. They're absolutely ginormous. We just got two in, one's a TDI. I sat in a brown one before it got PDI'd and realized it was a VW and not some huge american car. Even the the latest car and driver mentions how disappointed they are with the loss of "german feel".

But, they DO make excellent handling cars. Even my old A6 I put that thing through some hell and it always held up well. However it was all stock--my granny grocer.

Guess where I was coming from when I started this thread was purely just contemplation into why mark4's and 5's are the new modding trend, most of these kids don't know shit about cars they just buy a golf and buy all the parts they can possibly lay their hands on. Nice thing about german cars though I will admit is that generally it's hard to get the knock-off stuff, but the name brand stuff can be a pretty penny and then some. Just my .02
                              The new Passat is an American-only model... they made it big for fatass Americans.

Comment

Where do you crazy kids fit the Passat into VW's tuner car group???

I've never found it to be tuner oriented in any way. Though I guess accords are the passats japanese counterpart, and look what we do with them, sooo...

hmm.
                                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                                Disregard females, acquire currency
                                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                                X