opossum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
    So you left your cat outside and you were surprised it got killed? Around where I live there are not very many outdoor pets. That is because people that leave their pets outside don't have those pets for very long. Not trying to sound like a dick here but we are not alone in this world. Anytime you leave an animal outside, you should know that there is always a chance that it will get eaten, run over, picked up by a bird etc. I am not a peta activist kind of person either. I go fishing and I don't really see a problem with hunting as long as people eat what they kill. But when people kill a relatively defense-less (to humans) animal just because it ate its natural prey, pissed them off, or scared them, it pisses me off.

Lol
    ^x2
    Click Here To Check Out My Ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

i used to be scared shitless of opposums but now that i live in the mountains i see coyotes bob cats and even a mountain lion now a opposum aint a damn thing for me. Also I had to sig your one quote and be careful in the future they dont mess around!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

So you left your cat outside and you were surprised it got killed? Around where I live there are not very many outdoor pets. That is because people that leave their pets outside don't have those pets for very long. Not trying to sound like a dick here but we are not alone in this world. Anytime you leave an animal outside, you should know that there is always a chance that it will get eaten, run over, picked up by a bird etc. I am not a peta activist kind of person either. I go fishing and I don't really see a problem with hunting as long as people eat what they kill. But when people kill a relatively defense-less (to humans) animal just because it ate its natural prey, pissed them off, or scared them, it pisses me off.
        but you are sounding like a dick. the cat was something some dickweed dropped off in my neighborhood pregnant!! i started feeding her because i have a soft spot for cats. she went off and had her babies but if she showed up 4 times a day i would feed her 4 times a day because i knew she had little ones mouths to feed. one day she brought those babies to my house because she knew where the food was. we took them to "Operation Catnip" which immunizes and fixes stray cats for free. we already had 2 indoor cats and that was enough for us but still had a soft spot for those cats outside(or any cat). at that point i had not seen any fucking dog wandering free through the neighborhood!!! i walk out one morning to go to school to find the mom cat laying in my front yard with it's leg ripped off. come to find out that the boys up in the hood behind my house raise pit bulls to FIGHT, leave them tied up during the day AND LET THEM RUN FREE AT NIGHT to pack up and just for the hell of it kill other people's pets!!!! her kitten's were smart enough to hide in the engine compartment of my mom's car. every time we left the house we had to check under the hood for cats. the next night the fuckers came back through the neighborhood looking for more animals to kill and ripped pieces off my mom's car trying to get to the kittens hiding in the engine bay and THAT is when we decided to go ahead and bring them inside permanently!!! basically adopting them off the street. so excuse me for my hate for fuckers that train their fucking dogs to fight and let the fuckers run free at night and me wanting to kill the bastards!!!
        Last edited by Honda_Lady; 01-31-2012, 06:22 AM.
        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
          but you are sounding like a dick. the cat was something some dickweed dropped off in my neighborhood pregnant!! i started feeding her because i have a soft spot for cats. she went off and had her babies but if she showed up 4 times a day i would feed her 4 times a day because i knew she had little ones mouths to feed. one day she brought those babies to my house because she knew where the food was. we took them to "Operation Catnip" which immunizes and fixes stray cats for free. we already had 2 indoor cats and that was enough for us but still had a soft spot for those cats outside(or any cat). at that point i had not seen any fucking dog wandering free through the neighborhood!!! i walk out one morning to go to school to find the mom cat laying in my front yard with it's leg ripped off. come to find out that the boys up in the hood behind my house raise pit bulls to FIGHT, leave them tied up during the day AND LET THEM RUN FREE AT NIGHT to pack up and just for the hell of it kill other people's pets!!!! her kitten's were smart enough to hide in the engine compartment of my mom's car. every time we left the house we had to check under the hood for cats. the next night the fuckers came back through the neighborhood looking for more animals to kill and ripped pieces off my mom's car trying to get to the kittens hiding in the engine bay and THAT is when we decided to go ahead and bring them inside permanently!!! basically adopting them off the street. so FU and your "not trying to be a dick" self for my hate for fuckers that train their fucking dogs to fight and let the fuckers run free at night and me wanting to kill the bastards!!!
          Well I misinterpreted you first post then. If you had said that a dog killed a stray cat you were taking care of, I would not have said what I said. I was assuming it was your own pet cat.

Comment

sorry for flaming, i have only ever had outside cats once before that, the man that i was renting from told us no pets in the house even though it was obvious that their had already been pets in that house. we told him we had one inside dog and one inside cat when he got his money. that was out in the country. that man took my dog off her dog run and let her go in his goats so he could shoot her, dispose of her body and lie to us for 3 years about it. other then that all our pets have been inside pets.

another thing, with dogs running around like that (the ones that killed the cat), it makes me wonder how many PEOPLE they have attacked and why these guys are allowed to go out and get more dogs when theirs are taken away from them because they have attacked someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
              sorry for flaming, i have only ever had outside cats once before that, the man that i was renting from told us no pets in the house even though it was obvious that their had already been pets in that house. we told him we had one inside dog and one inside cat when he got his money. that was out in the country. that man took my dog off her dog run and let her go in his goats so he could shoot her, dispose of her body and lie to us for 3 years about it. other then that all our pets have been inside pets.

another thing, with dogs running around like that (the ones that killed the cat), it makes me wonder how many PEOPLE they have attacked and why these guys are allowed to go out and get more dogs when theirs are taken away from them because they have attacked someone.
              so why not train a opposum to run wild and attack those dogs? or if you really want them dead go buy a giant cat and by giant cat i mean tiger, and train that to get those dogs then those damn things will never threaten your cats again.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

It's all good. My response was mostly because of my own experience. In my neighborhood about 4 cats and 2 dogs have been killed since I moved in (most likely from coyotes). And every time the owners were always shocked The worst was my idiot neighbor who left his 3-legged blind dog chained up outside of his house. And he was surprised to come out in the morning to find it gutted There was also a really cool neighbor cat that I liked a lot, and then one morning I found it ripped in half in front of my house. So yes, I have been there, and that is why I tend to jump on people when they say they kept their cats outside and something bad happened.

Have you tried contacting animal control about the guys raising the fighting dogs? You might be able to get the local PD in on that too seeing as how it is illegal. Also since you know the dogs are in the area, I would just take any more stray cats you find to a shelter asap.

Comment

One somehow made it into our bathroom by making a hole under our sink making its way up.It just chilled until someone had to get a new roll of toilet paper and make its move.

Comment

It's all good. My response was mostly because of my own experience. In my neighborhood about 4 cats and 2 dogs have been killed since I moved in (most likely from coyotes). And every time the owners were always shocked The worst was my idiot neighbor who left his 3-legged blind dog chained up outside of his house. And he was surprised to come out in the morning to find it gutted There was also a really cool neighbor cat that I liked a lot, and then one morning I found it ripped in half in front of my house. So yes, I have been there, and that is why I tend to jump on people when they say they kept their cats outside and something bad happened.

Have you tried contacting animal control about the guys raising the fighting dogs? You might be able to get the local PD in on that too seeing as how it is illegal. Also since you know the dogs are in the area, I would just take any more stray cats you find to a shelter asap.
                    yea me and many of my neighbors contacted animal control as well as the cops on many occasions and their dogs were continually taken from them by the authorities. i don't live in the same place anymore (lost the house to foreclosure) so i don't have to worry about it anymore. now where i am at their aren't any dogs running wild but plenty of outdoor neighbors cats running around.

Comment

I didnt beat the opossum, i just poked it. I checked the garbage can this morning, if it really was playing dead past night then they really are dead now from not having oxygen in that bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                        I didnt beat the opossum, i just poked it. I checked the garbage can this morning, if it really was playing dead past night then they really are dead now from not having oxygen in that bag.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

outside cats makes me lol

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I just read this thread. Funny. Dude. Bro. Its a possum. Next time just whack it in the head with a big shovel. Years ago, I had a huge rottweiler dog and she would kill them in the backyard. I would throw throw them in a trash bag and hurl them off into woods on my way to work the next morning. Maybe wasn't the best idea but what are you suppose to do ?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Thanks for littering.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It was a long time ago. I wouldn't even think of doing that kind of thing now. But seriously, what would you do with it?

well I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it " hey you can't sleep here."

after waiting about a minute or two and it looked like it wasn't breathing so i just grabbed it by the tail and dropped it into a blue trash bag. While i was picking it up i could hear it's tail popping like it had become dislocated.

I've got another picture on my phone but the photobucket app is being lame and won't upload it. It was just a picture of the big opossum with a razor sharp looking tooth sticking out.
                                Just lidding with ya. But it is a little funny. Hahaha.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Working...
                                X