Which would you choose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which would you choose...

A) a beater car that has a manual transmission and has an unknown maintenance but you get just liability insurance and gas.

B) A perfectly maintained '06 Sentra SE that's auto and all you have to do is pay for full coverage insurance each month and gas..

And please say why you chose what you did.
    Last edited by Leung; 03-02-2012, 04:10 PM.

Originally posted by leung View Post
    a) A Beater Car That Has A Manual Transmission And Has An Unknown Maintenance But You Get Just Liability Insurance And Gas.

B) A Perfectly Maintained '06 Sentra Se That's Auto And All You Have To Do Is Pay For Full Coverage Insurance Each Month And Gas..

b.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      A) a beater car that has a manual transmission and has an unknown maintenance but you get just liability insurance and gas.

B) A perfectly maintained '06 Sentra SE that's auto and all you have to do is pay for full coverage insurance each month and gas..

And please say why you chose what you did.
      B. I would sell it and buy A, then i would use the extra money to turn it into a sexy beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysson_2012 View Post
        B. I would sell it and buy A, then i would use the extra money to turn it into a sexy beast.

I probably should have mentioned that choice B still has another 9 months worth of car payments BUT you didn't have to pay that because someone else would be.

Comment

B.

Reliability > "sexy beast"

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
            B.

Reliability > "sexy beast"
            I kind of wish my brother would see it that way.

Comment

What kind of car is the first one?

A reliable newer car is always better than a beater that can break at any moment... though depending on what is expected from the car, the expense of the newer, reliable car may not be worth it.

Comment

A 2006 Sentra isn't going to be 100% reliable.. Its getting old and is out of warranty.

But it would probably be more reliable then say a 20 year old car.. Although you did not say what car you were comparing it to for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  A reliable newer car is always better than a beater that can break at any moment... though depending on what is expected from the car, the expense of the newer, reliable car may not be worth it.
                  Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                  A 2006 Sentra isn't going to be 100% reliable.. Its getting old and is out of warranty.

But it would probably be more reliable then say a 20 year old car.. Although you did not say what car you were comparing it to for some reason.
                  My 11-year old Accord has been WAY more reliable than my 20-year old Accord ever was. Just saying.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                    My 11-year old Accord has been WAY more reliable than my 20-year old Accord ever was. Just saying.
                    Thats what I was saying... It will be way better then say a cb7.. But its not going to be worry free like in his OP

all you have to do is pay for full coverage insurance each month and gas

Comment

My 2002 Grand Prix GTP, purchased in 2007, was far less reliable than my 1992 Accord.

Comment

How about

C Reliable car that has a manual transmission and has known maintenance you get just liability insurance and gas.
                        wat?

Comment

Yup, newer isn't always better. It really comes to down to overall design. Like everyone else has asked, what is the beater car? Depending on the car it could be the better choice.

Comment

I love beaters, so A for me lol. The most fun and reliable beater I've ever had was a $300 1989 Mazda 323 5 speed hatchback. I wish I never sold it.

Couldn't handle driving an auto Sentra every day. I'd rather drive a toaster.

Comment

Lets just say choice A was a rust bucket that leaks every fluid and has a slew of engine and transmission problems.

After my brother took the Sentra for a spin i think he changed his mind about getting the rust bucket. We let him drive himself to work today. So he chose choice B.

Comment

Working...
                              X