Which would you choose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
    A 2006 Sentra isn't going to be 100% reliable.. Its getting old and is out of warranty.

But it would probably be more reliable then say a 20 year old car.. Although you did not say what car you were comparing it to for some reason.
    B
    if you are going to ger a sentra get a SER
    my 20 year old car has never let me down. Well it did one time but it was my fault.
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      Lets just say choice A was a rust bucket that leaks every fluid and has a slew of engine and transmission problems.

After my brother took the Sentra for a spin i think he changed his mind about getting the rust bucket. We let him drive himself to work today. So he chose choice B.

I liked the part where you said what car he was looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
        I liked the part where you said what car he was looking at.
        Well my brother kept looking on CL for Hondas that were all under $2K. Every afternoon he'd text me how about this one etc... I'd always reply back that this one needs a tranny, the other one has a blown head gasket... that was why i generalized option A as rust bucket with major problems.

It was our older brother that came up with the idea to buy a '97 Pathfinder for him and then he'd trade his fully maintained '06 Sentra while continuing to make the monthly car payments also. Really all my younger brother would have to do is keep filling it up with gas when it needs it and to make car insurance payments. Granted the Sentra has ~100K miles it has been kept up to date on maintenance; the pathfinder that we traded him has ~185K, needed a muffler, has a busted rear left door handle BUT he wanted it because it was a lot bigger and had 4WD. He called me earlier to tell me that he dumped about 500 bucks into it so far.
        Last edited by Leung; 03-04-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

a b16 sentra se? lol se-r or bust with those cars. the payments wouldnt even be worth it honestly

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
            Well my brother kept looking on CL for Hondas that were all under $2K. Every afternoon he'd text me how about this one etc... I'd always reply back that this one needs a tranny, the other one has a blown head gasket... that was why i generalized option A as rust bucket with major problems.

It was our older brother that came up with the idea to buy a '97 Pathfinder for him and then he'd trade his fully maintained '06 Sentra while continuing to make the monthly car payments also. Really all my younger brother would have to do is keep filling it up with gas when it needs it and to make car insurance payments. Granted the Sentra has ~100K miles it has been kept up to date on maintenance; the pathfinder that we traded him has ~185K, needed a muffler, has a busted rear left door handle BUT he wanted it because it was a lot bigger and had 4WD. He called me earlier to tell me that he dumped about 500 bucks into it so far.
            Should of bought the Pathfinder on the side if it was cheap but keep driving the Sentra. The worse condition the better.. IF IT was rotted bad at the inner fender... If its a little rot they fix it but if the strut tower moved towards the steering shaft Nissan buys them back for way more then they are worth.

Comment

Working...
            X