NHRA rule question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHRA rule question

I have a question about the rules for drag racing, I need to know if you need to wear a fire retardant suit when you are running nitrous oxide at that track. I asked a couple of buddies and got mixed answers from them.

I thought all organized sanctioned racing required fire retardent suits?

Comment

Well this is my first time racing, but my father has been racing since 2008, and never wore a fire retardant suit. Just long pants, shoes, and a t-shirt. That was all motor though. I will be spraying nitrous though and have no idea on whether or not I will be hassled for not having a fire retardant suit on.

Comment

At NEDW? On street night? NO.

Comment

We don't go to street night. We usually go on test and tune, and then a three day event once a year. They are very strict with everything. We were never told anything about a suit for all motor.

Comment

I'd just get one to be safe

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

just need a helmet if youre hitting 12s. cage for 11s or 10s. not sure you need a suit unless youre in a pro car.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

I've seen 2 nitrous equipped CB's run @ NEDW but it was @ import wars not test and tune. Neither of them wore a suit. Good ? though, wish I knew for sure.

Comment

found this on http://www.capitolraceway.com/test-and-tune
                  Pro (Class II) 9.00 – 17.99

All vehicles running 9.99, 135 MPH or faster or with the battery relocated from its factory location must be equipped with a master cut off located on the rear of the vehicle.

Roll Bar mandatory at 11.50 and Roll Cage mandatory at 9.99 or 135 MPH.

Fire suit required as outlined in the NHRA rule book for class and ET operated

Vehicle must have a functional tail light. Tail light must be on when car is staged.

DEEP can not be written on the vehicle. Autostart will be functioning.

Comment

also found this
                    10.10 Protective Clothing: Drivers are required to have as a minimum:
                    - 11.49 to 10.00: Jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/1. All drivers are required to wear full length pants to the ankle, shoes and socks. Nylon clothes and open toe shoes prohibited.

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                      just need a helmet if youre hitting 12s. cage for 11s or 10s. not sure you need a suit unless youre in a pro car.
                      Most tracks make you wear a helmet no matter what you are running.

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
                      also found this
                      10.10 Protective Clothing: Drivers are required to have as a minimum:
                      - 11.49 to 10.00: Jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/1. All drivers are required to wear full length pants to the ankle, shoes and socks. Nylon clothes and open toe shoes prohibited.
                      I don't think the car will be running any faster than an 11.5 in the quarter.

found this on http://www.capitolraceway.com/test-and-tune
                      Pro (Class II) 9.00 – 17.99

All vehicles running 9.99, 135 MPH or faster or with the battery relocated from its factory location must be equipped with a master cut off located on the rear of the vehicle.

Roll Bar mandatory at 11.50 and Roll Cage mandatory at 9.99 or 135 MPH.

Fire suit required as outlined in the NHRA rule book for class and ET operated

Vehicle must have a functional tail light. Tail light must be on when car is staged.

DEEP can not be written on the vehicle. Autostart will be functioning.
                      What do they mean by DEEP?

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                        Most tracks make you wear a helmet no matter what you are running.

I don't think the car will be running any faster than an 11.5 in the quarter.

What do they mean by DEEP?
                        DEEP... i dont know but if you are a nhra member you can download the rulebook

Comment

DEEP... i dont know but if you are a nhra member you can download the rulebook
                          I'm not. I think my fathers friend has one. I'll have to ask him to borrow it and read it.

Comment

DEEP on the window means deep stage. Which is turning off the first staging light before the ready lights.
                            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

im pretty sure the suit is required at certain times. the trunk area should be firewalled anyways.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X