Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, very true...

Comment

It's not only that the price of oil is going up, it's also that the US Dollar is loosing value. In the not too distant future the Dollar will no longer be the reserve currency used worldwide. At that point, I don't even want to imagine what gas prices will be.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Ah, very true...
        Kids will never listen in class unless teachers have the right to physically punish students again. I would always pay attention and be great in class if I knew I could get hit with a ruler.

But, back on topic in this off topic thread() Gas prices will probably never fall. They will just keep rising until we run out of gas. Then all of us with out old accords are fucked. Most of us aren't wealthy enough to convert to what ever is next. Start stocking gas now!!

Comment

Gas prices in North America are SO low compared to just about everywhere else in the world, aside from the oil-producing nations. It's funny how much we complain about it!

Hell, in Europe and Asia, the limitations placed on cars are pretty extreme! Why do you think so many of the performance engines from those areas are so small in terms of displacement compared to what we get in the US?

Comment

unless we all run electric cars its an on going loosing fight for us. the president has SOME control over gas prices. and it makes 0 sense for us to export more oil than we import.

get rid of unemployment ( except to the severely injured or veterans ), welfare, food stamps, and all other forms of "FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY" ( such as baby sitter money for single mothers, abortions, birth control, SECTION 8 ( FREE HOUSING ) free health insurance ), and our taxes would be WELL below 10% for federal and state COMBINED and out national debt would be null without taxpayers having to support that crap.

If you work and make money then you eat and live. Only the strong survive and those not contributing to society working and making a name for themselves should have family supporting them NOT THE GOVERNMENT. The GOVERNMENT ENABLES them to not contribute to society, and cost tax payers.

I work for everything I own and its pitiful to see the government handing out free housing, food, MONEY MONEY MONEY. Ive worked with kids 21 - 24 y/o that have 4-6 KIDS from at least 2-3 different mothers. Yet I have 0 kids and struggle to get a decent paying job and a decent paycheck AFTER TAXES. AND THEN after my paycheck is taxed 30% THEN WHEN I spend the money i have left im hit for ANOTHER 10% so basically every hour i work i throw 40% out the window and to the government and into the peoples hands who receive free government money. Government employees arent safe either, when i was active duty my tax payer check was 50-55% TAXED. IF you think this BS doesnt effect GAS prices you are wrong. Everything effects everything in the government. Higher gas prices = higher food and sea food prices, higher EVERYTHING PRICES.
            Last edited by xkjnboix; 03-27-2012, 09:43 PM.
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

actually scott is wrong there is AT TIMES a surplus of Crude. But of course it wont matter since the demand is still there, but for him to say that "OH NOZZ, NO OIL!" is wrong. There is plenty of fuel, Scott I also hope you dont believe that dinosaurs became crude oil after they died.

Comment

and damn do I wish I had to landscape on the 15th alas I landscape on the 7th.

Comment

Ya know..gas stations dont make much profit off of sales of gas, maybe a few cents to 10 cents max on a gallon..hence all the other crap they sell..

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                    it would make a lot of sense...

IF it said "Let's all ride bicycles to work for the whole month of April"

and then people actually did it.
                    id start selling bicycles.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                      actually scott is wrong there is AT TIMES a surplus of Crude. But of course it wont matter since the demand is still there, but for him to say that "OH NOZZ, NO OIL!" is wrong. There is plenty of fuel, Scott I also hope you dont believe that dinosaurs became crude oil after they died.
                      I heard a scientist on coast to coast talking about how oil actually is a renewable resource and its all hush hush to continue the money noose and scare tactics. Plus its an awesome excuse to control sheeple. Kinda like this big scam (to me) the carbon credits lmao. Some volcanos put out as much crap into the atmosphere in a day that industries put out in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles View Post
                        Of course not. There are several of them.

But seriously... this thing's retarded, for all the reasons already pointed out. You want to do something meaningful? Use less fossil fuels. Not just on April 15, but every day. All of us here are driving Hondas, not Escalades, so at least that's a start.
                        Even with several of them, they do not control the world. Love it or leave it, it is the truth.

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                        You might want to go back and actually read my post.

I didn't say there were no reserves. However, the reserves are but a fraction of a % of the total oil exchanged every day. When you look at it longer term, they are even more insignificant.

Besides, even with the oil we have in reserve, there is no bearing on world markets because it is not technically supply. You can't buy it, you can't use it, and thus it isn't supply. The only way it has any effect on the market at all is if they release a lump sum from the strategic oil reserves to the free market, reducing what they keep in inventory. The problem with that is that it only has a perception affect on prices and does nothing to change the actual sum supply available for any sort of long term duration.

You are talking micro supply. I am talking MACRO. Fundamental difference of definition. The surplus supplies are so limited they don't matter. The reality is that total worldwide oil production is NOT rising as fast as total worldwide demand, and thus prices are going up. Economics 101. You can criticize me for not mentioning all of the day to day fluctuations you want, but that was not the scope of my post.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

As crazy as it may sound... the people we've chosen to make these decisions for us might actually have a better understanding of the situation than we do... and they're doing the best they can with what we have now, and what we can work towards in the future.

Efficiency standards have increased significantly. Alternate and hybrid power options are not only strongly supported, but they're on the market already (I just saw that my local Nissan dealer has the Leaf in stock.)
                          It's entirely possible that our gas prices are going up and staying there as an effort to urge people to buy more efficient cars. The manufacturers will make what the market demands, and the law requires. That's a bit of a conspiracy theory mentality, I'll admit... but when gas hits $5/gal nationwide (STILL cheap in comparison to most countries worldwide), how many people will still insist upon driving a Ford Excursion for a suburban family of 3?

Comment

count me in.
                            (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              Even with several of them, they do not control the world. Love it or leave it, it is the truth.
                              Not trying to start an argument, but that really seems like an opinion portrayed as a fact. I'm sure for every bit of information you have heard, seen, or read that brought you to this conclusion, there are just as many that say the opposite.
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                                I heard a scientist on coast to coast talking about how oil actually is a renewable resource and its all hush hush to continue the money noose and scare tactics. Plus its an awesome excuse to control sheeple. Kinda like this big scam (to me) the carbon credits lmao. Some volcanos put out as much crap into the atmosphere in a day that industries put out in a year.
                                I agree, oil is a renewable resource. That is, it will be replenished just as quickly as the sun is nearing the end of it's life as a star.

If you seriously do not understand how crude oil forms, please refer to this explanation

Originally posted by Maple50175
                                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Working...
                                X