would this be a scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would this be a scam?

a redistributor wants me to receive bulk apple products then mail them off.
    just want me to scan my drivers licence.
    I was going to say i will give it to them in person and personally pick up the package from them.

Here's a little more precise, updated info, including how to start.

Description:
    * Working from home or anywhere. 30 minutes / day ~.
    * You will receive packages from Apple to your address. (MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, etc.).
    * For each package you get 8% of its original cost. Each package will have an invoice, so you'll see how much it is.
    * Package re-shipping fees will all be paid by me.
    * Base salary AUD$500

Salary
    * Guaranteed about AUD$800-1000 per month. As more packages you receive, as more you get. Each package is worth around 1500$ minimum
    * Payments via PayPal or bank transfer. Whichever suits you the best.
    * You will get paid 8% instantly after each package received + a monthly salary of AUD$500 - every months first Friday.

Requirements:
    A valid photo ID that matches the name on which you will receive the packages.

How to start?
    * Provide a photo ID (name must match the person's name who will receive the package from courrier)
    * Provide an address
    * Then I'll provide you with a tracking number once the package is shipped.
    * In case you don't have your ID scanned now, you can still provide the receiver's name and address now, but the ID within 24-48 hours.

And what random companies are these people ordering Apple products through that doesn't use a warehouse facility? In addition to not agreeing to anything with them I would report them to the police as well.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I was in no rush to do what the proposed, I did reply to an advertisment i saw online.

they already have my email so it won't hurt to ask to do the first lot in person.
      If i hear nothing in over i week i will report it.

Comment

actually i don't believe they have my email....

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
          Would this be a scam?
          Yes.

Also you say he is a Re-distributor. So why does he need you? - That would make you the Re-Re-Distributor . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Have fun in jail, because you will be the fall guy. This scam is people using stolen CC#s buying merchandise shipping it to your address and you resending it back out. I'd tell em to piss off then forward all your conversations/emails to the FTC and FBI

Comment

much of this information is not that sacred to me on a weekly basis.
              I have my id scanned and all this information. and more when i check into a hotels

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                Have fun in jail, because you will be the fall guy. This scam is people using stolen CC#s buying merchandise shipping it to your address and you resending it back out. I'd tell em to piss off then forward all your conversations/emails to the FTC and FBI
                FTC, FBI? Pffft hes from Auz . . .

Seriously, you don't want to fuck with Auz Law enforcement . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                X