X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura RLX

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

Looks nice minus the wheels

I want to retrofit electric motors to my rear wheels for more power....that'd be cool

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Looks very boring, blah, and bland like everything honda makes anymore.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

nice camry.

Comment

It really does look like a cross between a Toyota Camry and an Avalon
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

What's the other new one, the SLX? I like it better than this.

Those wheels are bangin btw.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
              nice camry.
              x2
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

all this is a rebadge new generation accord. All current generation accord share the same rear subframe as the accord crossstour, making it easy for it be all wheel drive. finally a awd accord but not a hybrid i was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                  Looks very boring, blah, and bland like everything honda makes anymore.
                  I like that front fender line, but otherwise... yes... yawn. Even Honda admits their designs are a snooze lately!
                  They need to take a lesson from (I can't believe I'm saying this...) Ford. Ford has gone from making some of the blandest cars on the road to some of the most striking. Even the new Focus is worth looking at!

The RLX is interesting, but nothing about it makes me even remotely interested in buying one.
                  I still believe Honda/Acura should just bite the bullet and release a flagship luxury model with a V8 and RWD. Acura will never be held to the same level of prestige as Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes Benz without one. A RWD V8 RL would easily triumph over the already forgotten Infiniti M45, and based on brand clout alone would probably trump the Hyundai Equus. The Lexus LS would be tough to dethrone, and it'd be tough to come close to defeating the Germans... but at least they'd be in the running!

The RL as it is now is basically in the same position as the Audi A8 is among the Germans. The A8 is forever the third in line behind the 7 series and the S-class. The Japanese luxury market is in line behind the German market, and the Acura RL is third in line in THAT market! It's not an inferior car... they just haven't done anything truly interesting to anyone that isn't fascinated by cutting-edge technology since it was called the Legend.

Comment

I deff concur with that. I thought Honda had a 4.0L V8 that was exclusive to the Legend some time ago though? It would be nice to see Honda either revive some of their older cars (ie the Prelude) into somthing that would give some of these other companies a run for their money it would deff be worth the time to see.
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

No. Honda has never had a production V8. And the Legend has always been FWD or FWD-based (the RL, still a Legend in other markets, is AWD, but the layout is still basically a FWD car with a transfer case and driveshaft...)

Comment

It's just a revamped 2nd gen RL. It still looks the same in similar subtle ways.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

With electric motors in the rear, 2 inches longer... it's a bit more than just a revamp.

Comment

Not appealing at all. Of than the 8th and 9th(8.5?) gen accord coupes I havent seen any Honda product that has woe me lately.
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I remember I read somewhere that Honda is testing a road car version of the HSV-010 on the Nurburgring. I hope that's true

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Working...
                              X