Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED ON THIS SITE, READ THIS! It's time to take action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i got scammed a long time ago buying an rc car, i found the guy's address and was going to fly to idaho or iowa and knock on his door.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I think I remember that.

What I plan is far worse in the long run. An ass beating can get you put in jail, and it's only satisfying for a brief moment.
      Getting the scammer thrown in jail, with those charges going on his permanent record... that's a big deal. Especially since scamming over the internet is essentially considered mail fraud and computer fraud... both can be prosecuted locally, but they can also be prosecuted at the federal level.
      Much of what has been scammed has been fairly low-value. I mean, we rarely deal with anything worth more than $500 on here. Still, some of the scammers on this site that I'm specifically targeting (and there are more than one) have scammed at least a dozen each... possibly more. The sheer volume shows that it's a pattern of behavior, and not just one or two isolated incidents. Much of it has taken place over the course of a year or more. The volume is what will draw the attention of the authorities.

So please, if you've been scammed, even if it was over a $5 item... send a PM to SCAMMER TASKFORCE with whatever details you can provide. Even if you don't have ALL the details. Many of the people I've spoken to that have been scammed were unaware that they were dealing with a known scammer... so any little bit helps. If we can link enough scams together, the proper authorities (local or federal, or both) can't help but follow up.

Comment

What about if the transaction was way back in September of 2010? I have deleted all of the PMs. It seems like the dude is still a member here as I don't see him ban yet. He took my $10 paypal and never sent the tegra clocks to me.
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
          What about if the transaction was way back in September of 2010? I have deleted all of the PMs. It seems like the dude is still a member here as I don't see him ban yet. He took my $10 paypal and never sent the tegra clocks to me.
          Thanks.
          Please read -

Originally posted by SCAMMER TASKFORCE View Post
          PM all complaints to this account. If something can be done, it will be done. You will be contacted for further information if necessary.

You may be contacted by a law enforcement official via the contact information you provided, so please make sure it is accurate.
          That is - "PM all complaints to this account."

Even if you are unsure if it may or maynot be helpful, please PM SCAMMER TASKFORCE with any, and all, info that you have available.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Nobody is getting banned. I will not be intervening with anybody's transaction, nor will any other staff member.

However, people that have stolen from multiple members are going to be reported to the authorities, and they WILL suffer consequences. Possibly even jailtime.

Since we don't know for certain how many people the individual serial scammers have stolen from, I'm hoping to have every incident reported... doesn't matter how old. Dig up as much info as you can, even if it's just old Paypal info. Anyone that has a history of scamming multiple victims, as the few that I already know of DEFINITELY do, will be worth pursuing.
            Don't assume you're the only victim. If you've been scammed by ANYBODY, even if they're disappeared from this site (at least under the name you know), then please report it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I think I remember that.

What I plan is far worse in the long run. An ass beating can get you put in jail, and it's only satisfying for a brief moment.
              Getting the scammer thrown in jail, with those charges going on his permanent record... that's a big deal. Especially since scamming over the internet is essentially considered mail fraud and computer fraud... both can be prosecuted locally, but they can also be prosecuted at the federal level.
              Much of what has been scammed has been fairly low-value. I mean, we rarely deal with anything worth more than $500 on here. Still, some of the scammers on this site that I'm specifically targeting (and there are more than one) have scammed at least a dozen each... possibly more. The sheer volume shows that it's a pattern of behavior, and not just one or two isolated incidents. Much of it has taken place over the course of a year or more. The volume is what will draw the attention of the authorities.

So please, if you've been scammed, even if it was over a $5 item... send a PM to SCAMMER TASKFORCE with whatever details you can provide. Even if you don't have ALL the details. Many of the people I've spoken to that have been scammed were unaware that they were dealing with a known scammer... so any little bit helps. If we can link enough scams together, the proper authorities (local or federal, or both) can't help but follow up.
              i don't think you couldve remembered that because it was before i had a cb7
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Was it on here? I know one of our earlier scammers was in Iowa.

Comment

PM sent, but it shows last activity for the Scammer Taskforce account on 06/09/2012....

Comment

People haven't been PMing. I'll log on and see now.

Comment

So are we suing or what? Lets do this.
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                      X