No announcement yet.

R.I.P Carroll Shelby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May he rest in peace. RIP to a huge influence and gearheads world wide and an automotive legend.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
      You forgot the Daytona.... I have a Daytona Shelby z kids these days
      I didn't forget i wasn't making a list. The daytona had shelby parts, but wasn't a shelby. If you own one you should have known this... hell wikipedia even has such info. My point was to mention his adventures with dodge not list every car that had his parts or name on.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        what did he die from anyways? old age? driving one of his Super Snakes too fast? hanging out with Hugh Heffner?
        Considering he was 89, I am going to go with primarily old age. Seems he did have some problems a while back as well, but I don't remember what they were.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

he had been in the hospital battling pneumonia the past few months i believe.. hell, hes also had a kidney AND heart transplant in the past.. id say, considering what he had been through, he lived a pretty long life..

Comment

R.I.P. I was just watching Hot rod tv on speed a couple days ago and he was on an episode, hard to believe.

^^^^^
            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              WTF are you talking about? You can't hardly GIVE a 20 year old Taurus away, and that is assume it is even still running, or isn't on its 10th transmission...

The only exception is the SHO, but then again, that would me more equivalent to a Prelude VTEC, Si or Teg GS-R. It sounds to me like you are just butthurt because someone doesn't bow down to the imagined and seldom realized superiority of domestic automakers.

And on that note, Carroll Shelby will be missed. He had a lot of cool cars under his belt, although to be fair, he hasn't been responsible for most of their newer generation of products.
              this again? Hop off man. No one is butt hurt here yet. And when it happens, it won't be me. Promise. I could care less if anyone "bows down"; it's a matter of respect. The man is dead. He lived a long life of hard work designing functional, fast, and reliable cars that I think most of us can agree set benchmarks for factory upgraded cars. Is it that much to ask that people show some respect?

Perhaps if you feel this conversation needs to continue you could just private message me, since it will no longer be on topic.
              Last edited by turbomaxx; 05-15-2012, 07:12 PM.
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                this again? Hop off man. No one is butt hurt here yet. And when it happens, it won't be me. Promise. I could care less if anyone "bows down"; it's a matter of respect. The man is dead. He lived a long life of hard work designing functional, fast, and reliable cars that I think most of us can agree set benchmarks for factory upgraded cars. Is it that much to ask that people show some respect?

Perhaps if you feel this conversation needs to continue you could just private message me, since it will no longer be on topic.
                Did you help keep it on topic when you attacked a member with a distaste for Ford?

Didn't think so. And no offense, but there is nothing in your garage that is going to hurt my butt. The fact you even brought the Taurus into is a REALLY fucking sad, because the 3.8L optional engine couldn't hardly keep up with a CB7. Been there, done that. Next.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Hey can both of you shut the fuck up and NOT cause a bitchfest.

Scott, it's the internet..let it go.(Believe me you've said worst in the past) T-Maxx..who cares if he has an opinion you don't agree with.

People are entitled to it after all. Some people may not like him some people don't.

Let it be.
                  Last edited by HenRoc; 05-16-2012, 01:06 PM.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Can do man. Not another word.

Slight topic change then.

What other car's has shelby tuned? We all know the mustangs and such, but what other weird odds and ends does he have out there?

I know of the omnis, I believe he did a Daytona as well.
                    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                    Disregard females, acquire currency
                    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

He did a few dodge cars and even a viper.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                      X