Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graduated College, got a Job, should I buy a car or wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think about it this way: You will never regret having too much money saved up. Besides, there's no shame in driving a clean well maintained Cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
      Think about it this way: You will never regret having too much money saved up. Besides, there's no shame in driving a clean well maintained Cb7.

Until you see what you've been missing out with the new cars
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
        I guess I just don't trust anyone.

Everyone should experience a new car, it's so nice!

I have a personal savings account, always like to pay myself first and also have a 401k. I like saving but at the same time what good is it if you save all your money until your old as fuck and can't do anything? whats the point in that?
        Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
        Yeah i'd have to admit, a new car is SO much nicer.

I got to drive a 2011 Chevy Volt yesterday with 14,500 miles on the odo to test. The car was solid as a rock chassis rigidity was excellent, yet was comfortable in downtown phoenix streets ridden with potholes, electric motor pulled well off the line, it was like instant throttle. I'm really liking the feel of an electric motor in the mix. We got this car from the Department of Energy w/ 14k on it, it looks pretty abused, scratches everywhere, slash in the tire, cracked windshield. But the smell of the leather and the solid feel of the car over bumps was a confident feeling.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I guess I just don't trust anyone.

Everyone should experience a new car, it's so nice!

I have a personal savings account, always like to pay myself first and also have a 401k. I like saving but at the same time what good is it if you save all your money until your old as fuck and can't do anything? whats the point in that?
          Not buying a new car doesn't mean you're depriving yourself. I'd rather a used M3 than a new Accord... depending on the years/models they cost damn near the same, and at least w/the M3 you're done getting pounded by depreciation from the get go. Buying used gives you a lot of freedom.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Until you see what you've been missing out with the new cars
            You're not missing anything, they will be used + cheaper in a year or two.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Word. I'll let the suckers take the initial hit driving a new car off the lot if I can avoid it and save more dough a few years down the line.

I would like a different car too, but that won't mean ditching the cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Thats all good and well, but lets not argue that that's logical. Thats like insisting any chick you deal with be a virgin. Cars, like women, are built to take the occasional pounding, and unless youre completely impulsive or a dummy it shouldn't be hard to spot damaged goods early. At the end of the day its a car. People buy cars w/salvage titles all the time, its fine.
                depreciation isn't everything, and it isn't 100% logical

if you had an option between a pure virgin or someone with some miles and a chance of stds, which one would you choose? you liking the mystery of the history?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                  depreciation isn't everything, and it isn't 100% logical

if you had an option between a pure virgin or someone with some miles and a chance of stds, which one would you choose? you liking the mystery of the history?
                  Just like most people dont' have STDs, most cars aren't ticking time bombs. I'll take my chances and pocket the difference.

This is a weird stance for people to take on a board dedicated to 19-22 year old cars.

Comment

Just like most people dont' have STDs, most cars aren't ticking time bombs. I'll take my chances and pocket the difference.

This is a weird stance for people to take on a board dedicated to 19-22 year old cars.
                    want figures for america or worldwide? i remember reading america was growing 19 million per year

by weird stance do you mean members telling the ot to buy or not buy a car or weird stance by deciding new or used?

used luxury cars aren't cheap. when i bought my mb the sales associate told me that anyone can buy one of their cars but not everyone can support them. if you want to buy a luxury car, the smart thing to do is to buy new and sell before the warranty expires. those who can afford to do so are the ones that can really afford them. those who "ball on a budget" pick those up when they get sold

cars are just a basic mode of transportation. we don't need to be driving a late model camry or a porsche cayenne or an s500. but we do if we can and cause we want to. just like how we can live with the basic necessities which i doubt any members of this forum is doing

Comment

Not buying a new car doesn't mean you're depriving yourself. I'd rather a used M3 than a new Accord... depending on the years/models they cost damn near the same, and at least w/the M3 you're done getting pounded by depreciation from the get go. Buying used gives you a lot of freedom.
                      I've got two persian friends with BMWs one has a 2006 M3 w/ DSG and the other an 08' 335i 6spd coupe with a tune and some light mods. The 335i makes way more power, gets way better gas mileage and is a nicer car I think overall.

I think the M3 only gets about 16mpg while the 335i gets a consistent 24mpg, they're both beat to shit on a daily basis as well.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I've been reading the posts in this thread, and there are a lot of strongs points being made from both sides.

A mentioned, your CB is reliable, good on gas (throwing in insurance as well), clean, and you know it inside and out. That's always a good thing. However, the flip side to that coin is that you are driving cars that have an extra 20 years of technology added with baby fresh parts. I know that it's tough as I'm in the same boat. For some it may be hard driving all the new fancy toys, and then after the work day returning to the old trusty and loved CB.

Saved money never hurt anyone (with the exception of possibly paying taxes).
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Molested and with who knows how many miles... I would rather have a new car and know you've been the only one to molest it.
                          Are you serious?

LOL

Ever heard of Pre owned certified?

Its this program that Honda has(as well as others)

Yea, both my cars were CPO and NEITHER were molested.

In fact both were one owners who took good care of them.

And one happens to be an Accord coupe...which you would think WOULD be trashed.

You can find unmolested cars everywhere.

I know you know what to look for.

And I can understand wanting to enjoy a new car once in your life, but I don't think I could ever buy a new car.

It must feel like shit driving it off the lot knowing it just lost like half its fucking value.

And the road debris/rocks/gravel etc?

Fuck that!
                          Last edited by Ralphie; 05-31-2012, 08:47 AM.

Comment

From someone who owns two 2007 Accords...even though I drive my V6-6spd daily, and enjoy it a lot...I miss my CB7. I miss not having payments (even though my wife's is paid off, and mine will be in October). It even rattles as much as my CB7 did. The only feature I use on a regular basis that my CB7 didn't have? The trip computer. Technology isn't everything. If I could get rid of my payments (though having them is what made me solidly decide that I need to work to a more stable financial future) and drive my CB7 again, I would... Having a new car just isn't really all it's cracked up to be. A few months in that new car, and there's a decent chance you'll be "bored" with it.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                              YOLO, bro.
                              Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                              Finally, the next person I hear say YOLO will be beaten to within an inch of their life, at which time, I'll wisper those words they love ever so much into their ear.

Kai, why do you have to buy a brand new car? Why not just buy something newer? Perhaps a 1-owner vehicle that was well taken care of. Or why not lease a vehicle? There are pros and cons to every decision.

I also have to 113th the idea of paying off all your debts and getting a nice foundation started before dropping a large sum on anything.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                                Are you serious?

LOL

Ever heard of Pre owned certified?

Its this program that Honda has(as well as others)

Yea, both my cars were CPO and NEITHER were molested.

In fact both were one owners who took good care of them.

And one happens to be an Accord coupe...which you would think WOULD be trashed.

You can find unmolested cars everywhere.

I know you know what to look for.

And I can understand wanting to enjoy a new car once in your life, but I don't think I could ever buy a new car.

It must feel like shit driving it off the lot knowing it just lost like half its fucking value.

And the road debris/rocks/gravel etc?

Fuck that!
                                Super fucking serious

Ever hear of not going through insurance to get a car fixed if you wreck it? CPO is fine and dandy but you still never know. And the other posted was right you can't even know on a brand new car with 0 miles.

I actually don't feel like shit because Subaru's have been holding their value better than Honda nowdays. I didn't buy a Honda because their line up totally sucks now. Half the value??? not if you negotiated a good price and walked out with a good deal.

you're right though I made a pretty broad statement saying that you can't find an unmolested one but you have to dig to find the good deals.

Like I said We bought our Subaru Outback because the 2-3 year old ones were 3-4 k less then a new one, everyone tends to dump them when they get to that magic mileage number where the first year maintenance needs to be done.

If you plan on keeping your car for a long time and putting some decent miles on it then why not?

/end of my rant
                                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                                X