No announcement yet.

Any sport bike riders here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get to this level, then you buy a 250.

Veteran.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
      That's just it...im not crazy for coacoa puffs when it comes to bikes. I want a bike, i know that. ive thought about what i want said bike to do and how i will use it and im confident a 600 will more than suit my needs/wants.

I don't want to race it or show it off. I just want to ride it for the sake of riding it. I won't be jealous of the liter bike i pull up next to at the light that blasts off into orbit. That's not my style.

Thanks for your opinion, but i know myself well enough to know what i want. I'll find the bike that suits me and be done with it.

Hahaha I hear you there budy. Somehow I have managed to keep my 650 for this long, but I have tried a dozen times to get a new bike .
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

lol i havent checked this thread in a couple days and a lil drama breaks out. thats forums for yah!

Anyway, im not asking what cc bike should i start with, or do i care about buying and reselling bikes. I was asking for opinions on those who do ride; why did they choose the bike they own!

Bottom line is that i am going to buy a used bike from the dealership and the size of the engine will be a 600cc. I'm leaning towards a GSXR or an R6. I will start with an 600cc. So i want to hear opinions from 600cc and up if you guys can please answer those. let me let that be known now.

Also, its always easy for someone to say "Just go to a bike forum" Well, I could of done that if i wanted to. BUT i choose to start a thread here because i was just curious if some members in this forum actually do ride.

Comment

The GSXR will probably be more comfortable for regular riding. The track probably will offer the same comfort level as your body position will constantly change.

The R6 will feel a like more race inspired.

The differences will be like driving a C6 Vette (R6) vs. an NSX (GSXR) if you've ever drove either car. Both offer top of the line performance, but one will be just a little bit more comfortable. Me personally, I was fine with the comfort level of my R6. I'm 6', so that help a lot. The triangle on each bike differ greatly, and that's why one is considered more comfortable than the other.

Here's a picture of the '07 R6 I had. I sold it to a salesman @ Deptford Yamaha in NJ.

Hence why I'm picking up a new bike. Need something new to ride.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            The GSXR will probably be more comfortable for regular riding. The track probably will offer the same comfort level as your body position will constantly change.

The R6 will feel a like more race inspired.

The differences will be like driving a C6 Vette (R6) vs. an NSX (GSXR) if you've ever drove either car. Both offer top of the line performance, but one will be just a little bit more comfortable. Me personally, I was fine with the comfort level of my R6. I'm 6', so that help a lot. The triangle on each bike differ greatly, and that's why one is considered more comfortable than the other.

Here's a picture of the '07 R6 I had. I sold it to a salesman @ Deptford Yamaha in NJ.

Hence why I'm picking up a new bike. Need something new to ride.

Finally! Thank you!

Comment

How old are you? I suggest you go get a VIN and run insurance on the bike. It surpprise you. They tend to vary A LOT more than vehicle insurances.

I chose the bike I have because insurance is cheap because its a sport touringish bike, no fairings. Cheap to purchase new compared to a GSXR600 or R6 and I love Vtwins, they just feel more reponsive and have more giddy up. I personally don't need a super sports to ride back and forth to work speially If I rarely make it to a track day.

Comment

my insurance should be cheap. im 29 years old with a pretty good record. my full coverage for my lude is on 700 for the whole year.

im not gonna state why i want a bike or my reasoning for buying one because itll just throw the thread off again.

every sport bike is different, if only i had the resources of driving all of them to see what accommodates me best.

Comment

Just for the record, a 600 can do well over 160 just as a liter bike. Try like 180-185 or so.

I understand the point you you making , though.
                  I had an 07 Ninja ZX6R i traded for my RX7. I had it up to 191mph (didnt have a speedohealer so it was possibly more like 180.). But my dads 2010 Triumph triple 675 wont go over about 135mph. Size dosent matter sometimes as much as it does others.
                  Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-23-2012, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                    my insurance should be cheap. im 29 years old with a pretty good record. my full coverage for my lude is on 700 for the whole year.

im not gonna state why i want a bike or my reasoning for buying one because itll just throw the thread off again.

every sport bike is different, if only i had the resources of driving all of them to see what accommodates me best.

I am the same age, ZERO tickets since I got my license, married and been riding for a while. I price checked my insurance an a newer GSXR1000 and they wanted 2k for a years worth of insurance...

Insurance on my SV is 300 for the whole year. Make sure you check your insurance before you buy. This was for full coverage.

Comment

Put a 250 on a track with a 600, and see what happens.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz03sQeX02c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKNO8K6lhG8

What you fail to realize/admit is that you can hone your skills much further on a 250. MotoGP riders often start on 125s and they will run circles around you. You think riding skills equate to being able to crack a throttle wide open on a straightaway lol. Have you ever taken your bike to a track?

The gulf in skill displayed by the dudes on 250s in these vids translates to the street as well. If you are not petrified of cracking the throttle or hampered by a bike's weight/ergonomics you can focus a lot more on just getting better at riding. Folks on 10 second race posture 600s for their first bikes just don't learn how to ride as well period. You have to crawl before you walk... and riding a 600 is kind of like jumping on a treadmill for the first time and cranking the speed up to 12. Maybe you will have the genes to handle it, but probably not.

Used 250s pretty much don't lose value. I know someone who just picked one up for like $1K. Old ones are cheap to buy and sell, nobody is saying dude should buy a new anything. If he buys his 250 in the winter and sells it in the spring (1.5 yrs later) he will probably MAKE money. So what are you talking about?

And regarding you + whatever you buy... who gives a shit. You came up from the hood, so what. You pay for your own shit... who doesn't? Bottom line is you are giving shitty advice, and we don't want dude to be like you and make the mistake of buying a bike with his ego instead of his brain.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

When you get to this level, then you buy a 250.

Veteran.
                        If 250s are making vets faster, why wouldn't it make sense to get one from the outset?

And how are these guys "vets", if they basically start learning from scratch with a 250?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                          Bottom line is that i am going to buy a used bike from the dealership and the size of the engine will be a 600cc.
                          This is just a bad idea man. If you can't put your ego aside to go through the progression of actually learning to ride stick to cars.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            This is just a bad idea man. If you can't put your ego aside to go through the progression of actually learning to ride stick to cars.
                            The only way to get better is to ride. I started out with a motorcycle safety course.. Bought my R6 and started riding. My second year of riding I was already changing sprockets to -1+3 and riding out first gear wheelies and clutching second gear. Not saying ghost is going to do that but I said I wasn't going to be doing wheelies and taking off fast before I had mine.

I bought an R6 for my first bike not knowing anything about them til I took that course. It's all in how you are going to ride it. Doesn't matter what anyone tells you. My best advice is watch for idiots who WILL NOT see you, that I can guarantee. What year gsxr's are you looking at? My experience with an 03 was it was not comfortable at all compared to my R6. My other friend had an 07 gsxr and it was a lot more comfortable than my friends 03.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              LOL OMFG.... SERIOIUSLY!!!!

Listen, its not about fuckin ego, or fuckin how big my dick is because i want to start with a 600cc... this thread is about those who are experienced riders and why did they chose their bikes. IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS GTFO MY THREAD. I dont wanna hear shit about what you read or watched, because this is all i am reading from you. if you're not an experienced rider then don't post. If you care about my safety, then thank you. but i dont need all this preaching about riding a 250cc first when the question is not even about that.

might as well tell a noob driver girl that she cant start off with a 400hp m3 because its too much power for her and that she should start with a nissan leaf first.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                                The only way to get better is to ride. I started out with a motorcycle safety course.. Bought my R6 and started riding. My second year of riding I was already changing sprockets to -1+3 and riding out first gear wheelies and clutching second gear. Not saying ghost is going to do that but I said I wasn't going to be doing wheelies and taking off fast before I had mine.

I bought an R6 for my first bike not knowing anything about them til I took that course. It's all in how you are going to ride it. Doesn't matter what anyone tells you. My best advice is watch for idiots who WILL NOT see you, that I can guarantee. What year gsxr's are you looking at? My experience with an 03 was it was not comfortable at all compared to my R6. My other friend had an 07 gsxr and it was a lot more comfortable than my friends 03.
                                all the used bikes im looking into are 06+ bikes. im currently practicing on a 07 gsxr 600 right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X