What is the best movie of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best movie of all time?

This is all opinion, of course. No right or wrong.

What do you feel is the best movie of all time?

For me, it's The Princess Bride. By far, the best movie ever. It has adventure, romance, comedy, Andre the Giant, and Columbo. By far one of the most quotable movies ever, as well.

I gotta tell ya.... Big no for me on that one. Before my time I guess.

My favorite of all time is the original dumb and dummer with jim carey and jeff daniels. but that movie it's probly too immature for you deev

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

For me, it's The Princess Bride....
      Seriously?!

x2 That flick helped shape my perception of what a movie experience should be.

Edit: Oh shit, i forgot about Legends of the Fall. Fucking epic. definitely a toss up between the two for me...
      Last edited by islandhopper; 10-18-2012, 09:27 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I'm torn between Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade or The Goonies.

Comment

Office space or bad boys 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
            Seriously?!

x2 That flick helped shape my perception of what a movie experience should be.

Edit: Oh shit, i forgot about Legends of the Fall. Fucking epic. definitely a toss up between the two for me...
            I never saw that. It always seemed to be advertised as "the movie doesn't matter... look how pretty Brad Pitt is!"

The Goonies is high on my list... that movie was amazing. Nobody who has ever seen the Goonies can say "Baby Ruth" without using the Sloth voice!

Never saw the Bad Boys movies. I need to. Will Smith is awesome, and Martin Lawrence can be at times...

Comment

For me, it's The Princess Bride. By far, the best movie ever. It has adventure, romance, comedy, Andre the Giant, and Columbo. By far one of the most quotable movies ever, as well.
              You forgot Deev, it also had one of the greatest and longest sword fighting scenes in movie history to date.
              But, my vote goes to "A Christmas Story".

Comment

I love Back To The Future, and the 3rd one. Lets pretend the 2nd one never happened

Comment

I never saw that. It always seemed to be advertised as "the movie doesn't matter... look how pretty Brad Pitt is!"

The movie surely matters. Brad Pitt isn't a bad actor, IMO, but that wasn't the main draw. The story is epic. Based on the book by the same title and the characters are just captivating. You should check it out.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

@ apuforyou Really? I always thought the third one was weird

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Blood In, Blood Out.

Vatos Locos forever!

Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Most Everyone Here is Too Young to Remember, but

Apocalypse Now will forever be a must see favorite ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

In all my time on this site, I don't think I've ever seen you start a thread for a social reason as such.
                          And I have never heard of The Princess Bride. My all time fav is Good Will Hunting. Kind of meh, but it always snaps me away from reality.

Comment

Boondock Saints. Saw it when I was little and made absolutely no sense to me, saw it when I got older and was instantly hooked.

Comment

Tomi, I'm only young compared to you!
                              I really do need to see Apocalypse Now. I've known of it for as long as I can remember, but those dark war movies never seem to interest me, unless they're on. Then I'm hooked.

Back to the Future... I agree that's up there. Though I also agree that the 3rd one was kinda weird. Then again, I don't like western stuff! I liked the hoverboards in the 2nd one! 80s visions of the future were awesome!

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              In all my time on this site, I don't think I've ever seen you start a thread for a social reason as such.
                              Really? I have plenty of times before. Though I guess I often keep it to car talk...
                              Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              And I have never heard of The Princess Bride.
                              And the room goes silent...
                              Man, you HAVE to see it! It's cheesy, but in the best possible way.

Comment

Working...
                              X