Sweet knife i made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet knife i made

I took a flat sheet of carbon steel cut it to look like a knife edge tang and all. then i took a length of steel tubing and cut it to size and hammered one end shut enough so i could slip the tang in with little resistance. I fired up the oxy/ acetylene torch and welded it with filler rod and welded it together. then i sharpened it with a file.

I am not a welder it is required by the FAA to get your A&P License.
    visit vgruk

I made a few knives after I saw that movie... Forgot what it's called

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
      I made a few knives after I saw that movie... Forgot what it's called
      im confused? THAT movie? i made this out of boredom and a basic human nature to make sharp things
      visit vgruk

Comment

Yah but after I saw this one movie I made myself a knife too. I can't remember what it's called. This old guy chases this other guy through the woods and they knife fight and it's bad ass

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

ahh i see
          visit vgruk

Comment

Thats pretty neat! My dads a private pilot. Ive seen a few planes being built and worked on over the years growing up around it.

The mechanics that do the work have to know their stuff. And fabrication like this is needed alot more than people know.

Thats cool that your an aircraft mechanic! Your only the second one ive found away from an airport!

Comment

Yah but after I saw this one movie I made myself a knife too. I can't remember what it's called. This old guy chases this other guy through the woods and they knife fight and it's bad ass
              The Hunted

Benicio Del Toro and Tommy Lee Jones. They filmed a lot of it in and around Portland, OR while i was living there. I watched the stunt man jump off the Broadway Bridge. It was badass, just like the movie.
              Last edited by islandhopper; 10-20-2012, 12:15 AM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Reminds me of a prison shank. Needs a nice handle.
                We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
                Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
                  Thats pretty neat! My dads a private pilot. Ive seen a few planes being built and worked on over the years growing up around it.

The mechanics that do the work have to know their stuff. And fabrication like this is needed alot more than people know.

Thats cool that your an aircraft mechanic! Your only the second one ive found away from an airport!
                  Thanks! It may not seem like it with some of the questions i ask around here. im more of a hands on guy. and i like to play it safe.
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by dbales View Post
                    Reminds me of a prison shank. Needs a nice handle.
                    that is what a lot of people said when i made it. I want to do a wood handle
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post

The Hunted

Benicio Del Toro and Tommy Lee Jones. They filmed a lot of it in and around Portland, OR while i was living there. I watched the stunt man jump off the Broadway Bridge. It was badass, just like the movie.
                      Probably was there a knife fight scene in like a creek our something?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

ryandavis33- "And i like to play it safe." I can only imagine. It take a person that always plays it safe to do your job. You have a HUGE responsibility.

They always give my father shit about him taking 15mins to do his preflight and checking the mags 5 or 6 times during a run up.

Once when i was with him we had a Cessna 152 (N49988) and we lost the right mag, speedo, and the radio almost all at once. That was one hell of a landing. Too fast, running like shit and with no communication.

So yeah, what you do is a big deal. Hats off to ya!

Comment

thanks very much! We are trained to do our jobs well and like most mechanics we will tripple check all of our work.

you can never do to long of a preflight and for an plane made in 1978 i would be checking all kinds of stuff.
                          visit vgruk

Comment

Probably was there a knife fight scene in like a creek our something?
                            Yes.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Mmk that was it

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X