Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda is crappy because its foreign?

Yet another rant...

so since i go to school here in tulsa it seems everyone drives and american veichel. I have met many people that hate on my car because its a Honda not american. They all call it a rice burner and all that other shit My usual response is my car has 3 times as many miles as your ride will ever have. Have any of you had this kinda problem.
    visit vgruk

Your car is probably built in america too lol.

Comment

I've never into that problem before, but if I did, I'd probably point out that most of them were made in Ohio and brought tons of jobs and probably used American steel (unless they imported Japanese steel to Ohio).

Comment

according to the VIN it was built in Japan
        visit vgruk

Comment

I always say that my American assembled 20 year old accord is still running compared to the Mexico assembled '97 Ford Ranger I used to have whenever someone gives me crap about not driving an American vehicle. They always shut up afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
            I've never into that problem before, but if I did, I'd probably point out that most of them were made in Ohio and brought tons of jobs and probably used American steel (unless they imported Japanese steel to Ohio).
            They were built using inland steel.

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
            according to the VIN it was built in Japan
            Ah well you have one of the uncommon Japanese built accords. Most cb7's in america were built in america

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              They were built using inland steel.

Ah well you have one of the uncommon Japanese built accords. Most cb7's in america were built in america
              my VIN is JHMCB7..........

does that make it rare or valuable in any way?
              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                my VIN is JHMCB7..........

does that make it rare or valuable in any way?
                Not at all.

Just means it was assembled in Japan.

I had a 93 SE....mine was jhm.

All SE were.

Comment

You're just dealing with thickheaded retard kids who don't know their dick hole from a hole in the ground.

More than enough reason for me to palm their face with my hand and give their hair nice snotty racing stripes.

Comment

Many "American" cars are made in Mexico or Canada.
                    My base 09 Fit (the cheapest Honda car you can buy in the US) with damn near 300,000 miles on it has significantly fewer problems than my 06 CTS-V, a premium American performance sedan with an original pricetag of over $50,000. The Cadillac was made in the US, though.
                    I love my CTS-V, but honestly... my bargain Honda is the better-made vehicle.

Comment

my mom, who drives my car pretty much every day of the week for work, still calls my car a rice burner but hell, how do you turn down a free car no matter what kind of car it is. I used to be the same way until i found out that so many car companies had moved their business to other countries. Also she should know (being a car fanatic herself) that many "American" companies are not longer made in America! I don't let that bother me. I love my car and even though I am an American car woman still at heart I will keep this car.
                      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

^ maybe i just have the problem because im die hard Honda
                        visit vgruk

Comment

hey, think of it this way "Hater's gonna hate." there isn't anything you can do about it. you're always going to have the "macho" American boys against the Import boys.
                          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

i had the same problem with a co-worker and his Ford Ranger until i showed him the "Hecho En Mexico' tags

at least my Hyundai is a Korean built Korean car

my cb7 is from Ohio

OP, tell your haters that uncle daddy is calling them
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

yea man, when i had my toyota pickup...everything on the inside was still cherry. but my buddies thought that if you kept anything american built well maintained, it would last as long.

well, not the case. (except the 3.slow that blew up)

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X