Ten worst cars in history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taurus>!?!?!

Didn't Rickyduckworth have one and he tried to kill it and the only way he could was driving it off a cliff!?!?!?!?!

MUZT FUNE DHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
      Because Ford did/does make the SHO version. Yes it's still a Taurus, but the engine and transmissions they put into them are pretty damn good and reliable... with exception of some of the 96-99 ones which had a high number of engine failures due to something about a camshaft
      Torque specs on the cam caps were too tight which over time wore out the journal on the cam(s) and eventually allowed to much free play in the cam.

Thats what I remember from that anyways.

Late 90's explorers werent too bad.

I had one from 43,000 to 169,800. Still ran when I sent it to the junkyard. Some idiot totaled it while it was parked outside. Not moving or anything, just BAM-drove right into my parked explorer.

Asshole.

Ill never forget kicking that guys ass as he tried to drive off-then going to jail for kicking his ass.

Dude told the cops I attacked him because he was black and thats why he drove off. I broke out his window and pulled him out through the driverside-and whooped his ass. Had nothing to do with race-had everything to do with him trying to leave the scene after fucking smashing on my explorer.

Fucking bullshit.

I had to take anger management classes and sit 30days in county for that.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Bronco 2

Parents got a settlement from them. Mom also almost rolled it on a exit ramp. 2.9 were junk.

I hate hyundais but they aren't a shifty car, they hold up for five years and then they just fall apart.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          Torque specs on the cam caps were too tight which over time wore out the journal on the cam(s) and eventually allowed to much free play in the cam.

Thats what I remember from that anyways.

Late 90's explorers werent too bad.

I had one from 43,000 to 169,800. Still ran when I sent it to the junkyard. Some idiot totaled it while it was parked outside. Not moving or anything, just BAM-drove right into my parked explorer.

Asshole.

Ill never forget kicking that guys ass as he tried to drive off-then going to jail for kicking his ass.

Dude told the cops I attacked him because he was black and thats why he drove off. I broke out his window and pulled him out through the driverside-and whooped his ass. Had nothing to do with race-had everything to do with him trying to leave the scene after fucking smashing on my explorer.

Fucking bullshit.

I had to take anger management classes and sit 30days in county for that.

I would have done the same thing
          visit vgruk

Comment

That list needs to consist of cars from 1980 up, more relavent too the times. Any gm suv between 96 and now fits the #1 spot. Anything ford with I beam suspension is junk, how about the contour or the mercury mistake....both models should have been complete recalls, meaning never see a road we effed up solid. Exploders, derangers set themselves on fire spontainiously. Hahah bet none of those cars on that list ever self destructed.

Comment

As much as I HATE alot of newer Fords, I need to defend the ones I have had.

I've had 3 Contours. Great cars, I think. I would gladly buy another one today. I had both the 2.0 and 2.5, autos and manuals. I loved them.

Had a 2002 B4000/Ranger. Not the best vehicle around, and definetly would not choose to buy one, but it's still driving around today on it's 4th owner with almost 500 000km on it. My dad currently has a 2008 with almost 300 000km on it.

Anywhoo, vehicles I think should be on that list:

-1st gen Kia Sportage.

My mother had the misfortune of owning one of these awful vehicles for 7 years. Mazda engine, which was good, and ran great all the time, but it was the rest of the vehicle that sucked massive amounts of ball sack.

Electrical nightmare. Random shorts and failed components. ie: Window switches, defroster, blower motor, tail light wiring

Mechanicals were iffy. Noted, the engine itself was good, being a Mazda 2.0 block, the same used in the B series pickups. Awful (automatic) transmission. Ratios were wrong. Can't sit on the speed limit at 80kmh, because at that speed it hunts between 3rd and 4th gear. Front diff locked up and failed. Had some other 4WD issues with it too. The steering felt like you were trying to plow through 3 feet of quicksand. Pretty much felt like it didn't have power steering. Very heavy and slow response.

Interior wasn't so bad. Well equipped, everything did what it needed to do, but I found the seats hard and uncomfortable on long trips. Overall visibility was great with lots of glass area.

Body. Wow. Talk about rust. This thing got eaten alive. You could hear it screaming as the rust ate away at it. And I hate fucking tailgate mounted spare tires. OMFG, I hate those stupid swing gates that hold the spare tire.

It was an early Kia. It had it's flaws, and needed some pretty big repairs over it's lifetime, but we got over 160 000km out of it in 7 years. Though I think I mom paid more for repairs on it than what she paid for it when it was only 2 years old.

Other notable vehicles to add would be the Kia Rio and Sedona minivan from that era. Now, the Spectra is much better. I've driven a couple 2002ish Spectra GSX 5-doors, and I could live with one of those for myself.

Volkswagen. Every car they have ever produced. I could make a 100 worst cars list and fill it with just Volkswagen and subsidary products. (Audi,NSU etc) I fucking hate Volkswagen. Expensive to buy and maintain. Need stupid tools to work on them. Electrical nightmares. I have no good reason to ever buy a VW, except if I'm putting it into a demolition derby. After owning a Mk2 Jetta, I have such a sour taste for that brand in my mouth, I will never own another VW product.

Smart Car. Nothing even needs to be said about what an awful car this is. It's basically a modern interpretation of the Isetta. I have had the misfortune of having to drive a Smart car on a 300km trip, picking it up from dealership and driving it back to the one I work at.

Actual photo of me driving said Smart car on the freeway:

North American market Daewoo. I don't know much about them, but I do know enough that they set up shop here for a few years, sold a few and then abandoned the market. I occasionally see a Daewoo on the road and wonder how it's still running, because there surely is no parts supply for them in North America.

Chevrolet Cobalt/Saturn Ion. I know the Ion made the list, and I have to agree with what a terrible car it is in every way. The Cobalt is just as bad. This was supposed to be the successor to the J-body? Come on. GM had big shoes to fill, and they failed miserably. I'm glad to see they cleaned up their act with the new Cruze, which I think is a fantastic car. The Cobalt/Ion are pure shit. They're ugly, they drive terrible, they're uncomfortable and awkward. It's just...bad.

Eagle products. Eagle Colt, Vista, Premier, Talon, Vision etc. Badge engineering gone wrong using Chrysler and Mitsubishi pieces.

Nissan Pulsar NX. Shit car. Plus I hate looking at them. As a young kid, I remember these being of the the first cars I disliked.

Pretty much any Renault/AMC from the 80s.

This post is probably long enough now, so I'll cut it off here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                How did the Dodge La Femme NOT make it??????
                I mean it was a Dodge Coronet that you PAID someone to make pink and white. And it was made by Chrysler, marketed towards women (who thought that was a good idea?) and it had a mother f***ing push button transmission...
                Then again my opinion is that any car with a push button or 'typewriter' transmission should be on that list.

All kidding aside, that's a pretty good list of top 10 worst cars. Sadly I think my dad owned three of them on that list. He's not allowed to buy cars without consulting with my mom.
                Hate to revive such an old thread, but most 1950-60s Chrysler products had the 3 speed push button torqueflight transmission. Including the famous 1957-58 Plymouth Fury. So in that case it has nothing to do with the La Femme being marketed towards women. That was just chryslers design for their automatic transmissions.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  Chevrolet Cobalt/Saturn Ion. I know the Ion made the list, and I have to agree with what a terrible car it is in every way. The Cobalt is just as bad. This was supposed to be the successor to the J-body? Come on. GM had big shoes to fill, and they failed miserably. I'm glad to see they cleaned up their act with the new Cruze, which I think is a fantastic car. The Cobalt/Ion are pure shit. They're ugly, they drive terrible, they're uncomfortable and awkward. It's just...bad.
                  I know this is reaching back a bit, but, umm... what? I owned an '06 Cobalt, and it was not a bad car in any way, shape, or form. It was an absolute blast to drive, probably the most fun car to drive out of any that I have driven, and it handled great. It wasn't uncomfortable, either, I'd actually take its seats (just slightly) over the seats in the '08 Civic I have now. I'm 6' 4", and I never felt cramped, squished, or uncomfortable in that car. Now, I've never driven a Cruze, so I can't speak how good of a car they are, but I'll take the Cobalt's styling over them for sure, and, to me at least, the hp figures for them are a bit disappointing after the Cobalt.

Comment

I've driven both a Cobalt and an Ion, and the Cobalt wasn't bad. The Ion was trash. For cars that are supposed to be identical, there was a considerable difference.
                    And I agree on the Cobalt's styling. I wonder if we're going to see a Cruze SS. The Cobalt SS was pretty badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      A lot of you guys want to add cars to the list because you think they're ugly

It takes more than looks to be a shitty car.
                      I thought the same thing.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      This post is probably long enough now, so I'll cut it off here.
                      When I was a kid I thought these cars looked amazing.
                      1993 Accord EX
                      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Working...
                      X