Broke into my CB Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke into my CB Today

I locked my keys in the car today when I stopped by my office before an important meeting. I left the keys in the ignition with the battery turned on in order to light a cigarette. I ended up locking the door from the inside while lighting it and tried to unlock it before leaving the car (security feature doesn't unlock it unless you pull the handle) I proceeded to exit the car and shut the door. The second the door shut I realized what had happened and began to panic.

Obviously this I was in to this cigarette for a lot more than I should have been, so I wasn't going to waste it. After I finished, I was able to find a wire coat hanger in the office and eventually got back in to the car. I think because someone tried to break in to the car when I first got it I was able to pull the driver window down a bit to get the hanger in. But holy crap did it take a long time. Admittedly this is the first time I've broken in to a car, but that coat hanger just wouldn't latch on to my lock. I even tried the rear door, and tried to latch on to the window lever.

So what did I learn today? Other than the fact that I'm an idiot of course:

1) Smoking isn't always worth it, but usually is
    2) The CB7 is pretty hard to break in to by not smashing windows
    3) People don't seem to care that a guy in a large coat and sunglasses is trying to break in to a car during the day

Just wanted to share my story, as I'm sure someone else has done something similar.

Our cars are not hard to break into lo. If you, a person who has NEVER broken into a car can do it then clearly experienced people would have no problem

Comment

Tippey got a point lol.

But yea, good to hear you were able to get into it with no real problem.

Comment

I was able to break into my Mazda B2200 with a flathead screwdriver in the lock tumbler, and still have use of it with the key afterwards.

These cars are easy to break into. Now you know for next time.

Comment

My driver's side window doesn't close flush with the weather stripping and i left my keys in one day. My alarm which activates every 15 seconds locked me out and i literaly just pulled the glass towards me and pulled the lock up. When i park it overnight and when it rains i make sure its closed fully tho.
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

I've broken into mine a few times. Coat hanger bent to a hook to grab the lock inside. Tore up my weather stripping in the process, though

Comment

Those are all good ways...but after too many of those I finally went to the AAA and they made me (for free) a credit card size duplicate key. The plastic key has a small piece of metal so the plastic won't melt if you also use it to drive. It stays in my wallet....now if you are pure stupid and leave your wallet in the car too.....back to the hanger.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
              New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
              My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                Those are all good ways...but after too many of those I finally went to the AAA and they made me (for free) a credit card size duplicate key. The plastic key has a small piece of metal so the plastic won't melt if you also use it to drive. It stays in my wallet....now if you are pure stupid and leave your wallet in the car too.....back to the hanger.
                I didn't know they did that! That's a great idea!
                Too bad it won't work for my newer cars, with the computer-chipped keys. Once I get the CB back on the road, I have to do this!

Comment

i broke into my wifes car with 2 quarters....locked the keys in it at walmart.lol only thing i could find was the left over change from my purchases.took me about 8 mins or so and boy did my thumbs hurt after that.

my new turbo build

Comment

I always have an extra key in my wallet (plastic removed so it's much thinner) and a hide-a-key hidden on the vehicle doesn't hurt either.

Comment

no car is hard to steal. you just need the right equipment.
                      doors are the easy part mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I didn't know they did that! That's a great idea!
                        Too bad it won't work for my newer cars, with the computer-chipped keys. Once I get the CB back on the road, I have to do this!
                        It still gets you into the car which is all you need to get your real key.

Comment

got into my miata because my slim jim kit came with plastic wedges
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Deever> I have zero knowledge about the type of key that is "chipped". If what I understand is, that the car "recognizes" the key? If it is for the ignition, then the AAA key is good as Tippy said, for the door...or the trunk of the wagon to crawl through and get the other key.
                            *Small funny story on this
                            Went to BIG car show in LA and got there by rail and parked the coupe at station. Once inside we saw the AAA booth and Joey gave the guy his keys and got one of those cards made. Well we spent the next two hours walking around and seeing the cars. We took the subway back to the station where we parked the car. Joe reaches into his pockets and....NO KEYS! Ha the AAA people at show have them and when we called said we will have to pick them up tomorrow. Well lucky for Joe he did have that credit card key and we used it to get in AND for the ignition (told it might melt in the slot...it didn't) OH..we called a friend who was going to the show and they picked the keys up for us and they too got a card.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                            New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                            My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

All good replies! I know these cars are easy enough to get in to unfortunately, like I said it appears someone tried when I first got the car (hence the messed up window). It's the first time in 7 years I've ever done this but having a spare in my wallet sounds like a pretty good idea now. Definitely makes me think about getting an alarm for the car :/

Comment

Working...
                              X