Norway
    Portugal
    South Africa
    Spain
    Sweden
    Uruguay

90% eh?

via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage

I thought for the interest in this debate, that the total population numbers were relevant for those countries, vs the entire population of the world.

Argentine -42,192,500

Belgium-11,000,000

brazil-194,000,000
    canada-34,000,000
    denmark-5,600,000
    France-65,821,855
    Iceland-320,000
    Netherlands-16,783,092
    New zealand-4,469,874
    norway-4,858,200
    portugal-10,562,178
    south africa-estimated at 52,000,000
    spain-47,265,321
    sweeden-9,555,893
    uruguay-3,369,000

Total

Not even 1 billion. World population? Who knows exactly, but the 7 billionth person was born in October of 2011.

Just saying.

501,797,913 is actually less than 10% of the world population, so yeah, my 90% of the world feeling different point stands. Open your eyes brother.

I am not making this my personal issue. I am pointing out the facts here.
    Last edited by toycar; 07-01-2013, 03:22 PM.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Let the ***s pay taxes and be done with it. Im tired of hearing about *** this and *** that.

Oh yea and let me keep my guns.
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I can't help but sympathize with their position. I think it's totally shitty, I really do.

I don't really agree with it though, I choose to accept people anyways.

I will hold onto the fact that it is different forever though.

And yeah, I want to keeps guns too
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
          Making *** marriage legal is a huge issue for the people who write tax codes. The tax codes, as they stand now, would take an incredible amount of work to respond to *** marriage being passed into law across the entire country. It's not just a matter of changing a few words but involves taking a look at what the intent of the language entails and what would be the appropriate rewording given a new definition to legal marriage.

The fact that there are benefits isn't the issue, it's that currently the language of the law is firmly fixed to man+woman marriage definition.
          I cant wait till they do this, so they can stop thinking every one is against them and that they have no rights. -_-

You have the right to parade and make out in hardly any clothes with another man in the middle of the day on TV, to show your *** pride, but yet you have no rights? OK.

They do it for attention I feel like.
          What ever some one does in their house its their business, but please don't push "acceptance" onto others. Im not constantly in ***s faces telling them to accept me and that its ok to be straight blah blah blah. IDK just venting.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
            Im not constantly in ***s faces telling them to accept me and that its ok to be straight blah blah blah. IDK just venting.
            This I can relate too.

I understand they are campaigning to get the public opinion to change, but jamming it down your throat as being "behind the times" or a biggot, or anything of the sort is bullshit. And a lot of people defend/argue for change for ***s, with a lot of passion so it comes across a bit forceful times. I don't care for this at all.

Like I was saying earlier, I am the asshole for holding onto the fact that it IS different. Its not really enough to just "accept" it, even thought the very thought of it makes you sick to your stomache(man on man action-sorry don't mean to offend).

I mean seriously, its not OK that straight people are now subjected to this almost aggressive natured attitude about feeling different-even if we are OK with what you do in private and sympathize with your situation. I DO think its offensive when some transgendered, cross dressing he-dressed-like-a-she-person feels FABULOUS and wants to talk to my 5yr old son at the WAL MART CHECK OUT.

So what? In America, I have that right.

Comment

Well look at it from our perspective.

Millions of people are stepping up to ensure that they have rights like all the other "traditional" couples, and you guys are clinging on to old school ideals and notions.

You're the ones still bitching about it, when everyone else has moved on(in this thread and outside the internet)

No ones forcing anything down your throat.

No one has given me an answer yet, on how this would affect your daily life.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mjl63e0ms

More chicks for us! So IDC what they do in their spare time!

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                  I understand they are campaigning to get the public opinion to change, but jamming it down your throat as being "behind the times" or a biggot, or anything of the sort is bullshit. And a lot of people defend/argue for change for ***s, with a lot of passion so it comes across a bit forceful times. I don't care for this at all.

Like I was saying earlier, I am the asshole for holding onto the fact that it IS different. Its not really enough to just "accept" it, even thought the very thought of it makes you sick to your stomache(man on man action-sorry don't mean to offend).

I mean seriously, its not OK that straight people are now subjected to this almost aggressive natured attitude about feeling different-even if we are OK with what you do in private and sympathize with your situation. I DO think its offensive when some transgendered, cross dressing he-dressed-like-a-she-person feels FABULOUS and wants to talk to my 5yr old son at the WAL MART CHECK OUT.

So what? In America, I have that right.
                  However, it is not bullshit because your opinions about the matter define you as such.

In the clearest definition, you are a bigot when it comes to your opinion on *** people. You stated that it is your opinion that you are offended by *** people, perhaps not in ever situation but certainly towards their behavior as a whole.

I have no problem with people not liking certain other people, everyone is entitled their own opinion. However, if you have a problem with a transgendered person merely talking to your child I would say you are beyond closed minded. Now, if that person was talking about inappropriate things with your child then I can sympathize with the offense taken.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  No ones forcing anything down your throat.
                  There are plenty of *** rights activists who do certainly go beyond simple information sharing. This is the same for almost every rights campaign that has ever existed. Just as there are incredibly pushy, outspoken individuals from PETA, the NRA, and the NCLU there are those that upset others in the name of *** rights.

I have nothing against people standing up and exercising their rights as citizens but there is a line that some cross that bothers me. For example, at college there were people who would put up graphic pictures of aborted fetuses on the pedestrian walkway. I have no problem with people spreading their opinions on Pro-choice/Pro-life but I would prefer them not do so with graphic photos as I walked to class. In the same vein, I am fine with a *** rights parade with people sharing their love for one another but I would prefer them to not be in speedos making out nastily. The same would go for any couple.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post

There are plenty of *** rights activists who do certainly go beyond simple information sharing. This is the same for almost every rights campaign that has ever existed. Just as there are incredibly pushy, outspoken individuals from PETA, the NRA, and the NCLU there are those that upset others in the name of *** rights.

I have nothing against people standing up and exercising their rights as citizens but there is a line that some cross that bothers me. For example, at college there were people who would put up graphic pictures of aborted fetuses on the pedestrian walkway. I have no problem with people spreading their opinions on Pro-choice/Pro-life but I would prefer them not do so with graphic photos as I walked to class. In the same vein, I am fine with a *** rights parade with people sharing their love for one another but I would prefer them to not be in speedos making out nastily. The same would go for any couple.
                    That's fine, and yes, in all campaigning, people tend to over do it.

However, the examples you listed, while I would be annoyed as well, are just nuisance.

The way people are so up in arms as if allowing same sex marriage somehow discredits or illegalized their own traditional marriage. Like ***s are coming into their homes and questioning their morals or beliefs.

Comment

I am not against the very idea of it in a way that I embody hate. Not at all.

The presumption that I don't just blindly and openly say"yes I think all of this is ok" automatically makes me a bigot by the standard of the movement and the expectations that come with it.

I could care less what people do in their time. When I cross paths with someone that is so out there, you can't help but be uncomfortable, it's always a male, acting female, dressed female, OBVIOUSLY MALE.

The personality that encompasses this type of person is generally very hard to deal with too. Not just by my standard.

So I guess what I'm saying, is that me being ok/accepting of changes isn't enough. It's like I'm the asshole for having reservations over the select few that make horrible examples of people living that lifestyle.

It's not like I subject any same sex situation to these same feelings/position.

In extreme situations, sometimes the odds are against you and you are basically trapped by the presumption of pretty ugly stuff for being basically honest about how uncomfortable some of the "changes" effect my personal life.

Do I not have the right to enjoy my personal life? If I wore a swastika tattoo it would be considered racist, especially given my white muscular build and shaved head.

So, if it is OK for society to make assumptions about people sometimes when their personal life crosses paths with something that makes them uncomfortable(white guy with shaved head and swastika tattoo must big kkk), why is the reaction bigotry instead of empathy when you have an instinctual reaction to someone that you instinctually consider offensive?

I can't imagine many people enjoy being around these people. I don me to be a dick, it's just the lay of the land here. I'm sure you can think of atleast one example of what I am talking about, even if you won't admit it here.

It's not like I hate *** people.

Is it that unreasonable that in adjusting to some of this that certain stuff makes me uncomfortable?

I bet most *** people are offended by the same type of person I am describing.

I don't hate those people either. I just wish they could tone down their need to be so in your face about it.

Is that a better explanation of how I feel?

People that refuse to accept it at all=bigots. Automatically, bigots.

Billions of people on the planet feel that way though. That's got to mean something too. But the coversation is pretty one sided about this kind of thing(being opposed to any of it at all)

Comment

The personality that encompasses this type of person is generally very hard to deal with too. Not just by my standard.
                        I can understand that. Perhaps the fact they are *** has some impact but it sounds mostly like you just don't like overly flamboyant people. That's fine. I don't particularly like incredibly loud, obnoxious people either. I have no problem with you drawing issue with such people. You don't dislike them because they are ***, you just don't like them because they don't share a similar personality.

I agree about the bigot definition. I think, given the definition, there are few who could count themselves as not being defined by this word (probably me too).

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Is that a better explanation of how I feel?
                          Great explanation. I had to read it twice (but remember, it's 1 AM here), but I got it in the end.

People that refuse to accept it at all=bigots. Automatically, bigots.

Billions of people on the planet feel that way though. That's got to mean something too.
                          This is true as well. This is something you mentioned earlier that I hadn't really considered beforehand. Very good point.
                          Last edited by reklipz; 07-03-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                            Great explenation. I had to read it twice (but remember, it's 1 AM here), but I got it in the end.

This is true as well. This is something you mentioned earlier that I hadn't really considered beforehand. Very good point.

Well I appreciate the time you guys have taken to understand where I am coming from.

I really do.

Comment

Working...
                            X