No announcement yet.

Why do cops hate hondas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profiling! Your uncle is a bigot, and that driver should be given millions of taxpayer dollars in compensation! Cops suck!

^sarcasm, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
      Cops don't hate Honda's. It's the majority of younger irresponsible Honda owners that they deservedly hate. That in turn, ruins it for the rest of us.
      this.

and you were going 95 mph...what else do you expect? I hate you idiots that complain 'I did nothing wrong routine' when you just clearly red flagged yourself.

Maybe it's me getting old. But you need to take a step back and really proof read what you just typed out OP..instead of playing the victim.

Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Guilty of being caught red handed.

Comment

No, I was doing the speed limit. 5 under actually, the sienna sped past me. I was still doing the speed limit when I was pulled over.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

I guess we're all guilty of doing something stupid at one point in our own lives. Shit I've got a grocery list according to a cop who pulled me over a month and a half ago.

But I don't bitch about it, because I put myself there in the first place. Like I said maybe it's the fact that I'm getting older and a thread like this one makes me see what Deev is talking about.

Immaturity at it's best, half assed trendy mods (he mentioned negative camber). I don't mean to go off in this thread per se but this is without a doubt a perfect example of WHY I too am starting to get tired of the 'scene'.

I see that cb7tuner FaceBook page is getting out of hand really fast, for example: Today a guy asked about an a/c leak and another guy who calls himself 'King CB' goes 'Check for a leak under the car' are you kidding me?

So I chimed in and gave him my knowledge on how to get it diagnosed..and I had another one that complained of a tire vibration so I also told him the correct way to diagnose it and in THAT post another guy just tossed out 'tie rod' as an answer to fix his problem.

And it's shit like this that get me annoyed and irritated even though, I find myself helping out as much as I can.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Had my cb9 for 3 1/2 years , never pulled over.

Comment

I'm guilty half the time. I don't argue or get mad when I'm rightfully pulled over. It's just being cited for something I didn't do. example: the damn toyota sienna that flew past me while I was going the speed limit, yet the cop pulled me over saying that was me going 95 in a 55.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Doesn't matter what he said, though. He gave you tickets for things that likely ARE legitimate concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                    Typical cop attitude.

And cops wonder why normal people think they are pieces of shit.

Its ok though, all you assuming fucks have lives that are doomed by this notion that you are an enforcer of law, meaning that you observe all of the flaws within society and are some how above all of that. Like its OK or JUSTIFIABLE for you to profile people. Its cool though, you are the one cursed with assuming the worst of every person you come in contact with, personal loved ones included.

You live the burden of that curse too, and it shows through police' private life and affairs. Police are among the most likely to be divorced-and it is most commonly pointed out that the vocational damage done on the job transfers into their personal lives and they cannot help but pass detrimental judgement on the ones they love the most like they are just as bad as the criminals they hunt day in and day out. You carry that same passion in all of your fights, not just the ones at work.

Whatever. You can stereotype and profile all you want. Just understand, you fit the stereotype and profile that WE POINT AT YOU TOO, MR. Officer.

Great job letting that shoe fit.

***Edit***

And before the "so what, let criminals be criminals" or whatever comments come in defense of the cops, I just want to add this;

Laws will always be broken. No Chuck Norris like superhero is going to stop kids from smoking pot, or stop every crack head from stealing electronics from someones house. Nobody will ever stop all of it. And quite frankly, its damn silly to think you ever will.

If "Profiling" offers you this special insight to actually be able to enforce the law, imagine how effective you could be if you actually applied yourself to real crime rather than fuck with anyone that you have empowered yourself to "hunt" on a daily basis using your own "self taught" sterotype approach. You have just elevated yourslef above average people, that aren't suppose to pass judgement or profile. Awesome! And you "Represent" the law??!!?!!

Don't you suppose stopping the drug dealer is a better way to stop the crack head? Stop the supply I guess is what I am saying.

Well, if cops spent more time focusing on real problems, there would be less overall problems in our country. Crack heads are only problems because crack dealers have crack. However, for bragging rights, numbers, statistics, overtime, whatever personal agenda-cops choose to fuck with rich kids buying weed or bothering some kid in a custom car that happens to be acting like a kid.

The black dude looking homeless, well, that comment basically makes you a racist by todays standards. So what he is black, looking homeless with a backpack? Assuming he is up to no good, since he looks scrubby, is black and is in a wealthy white part of town, well, thats racist. But thats OK if you are a cop right?

Jesus.

Don't cops realize that people try as hard as they do to get away with shit because they over extend themselves in such a fashion that it actually escalates crime and makes relationships with the public even worse? And, the public is to be credited 9/10 times a case is solved that wasn't someone getting caught in the act.
                    I have to side with Bcozzi here.

The reality is that people exhibiting suspicious activity is usually a clue. People being where they wouldn't normally be is a clue.

And actually, what he was describing wasn't really profiling. Profiling would be if he assumed that ALL black people in that neighborhood were thieves. However, the suspicious activity was enough to warrant the inquisition, regardless of what the person's color was. To some extent, "profiling" is unavoidable (creating categories for physical/behavioral/mental traits is technically "profiling").

Also, it is easy for regular citizens to criticize people for doing such jobs, but the reality is that they are standing dangerous ground so people like you don't have to. On top of that, while 999 out of 1,000 times they are going to be OK, they never know which person is the one that intends to do them harm (we aren't betting with anything less than a human life) so every single one of them gets treated as potentially dangerous. It is no different than every hospital treating person as if they are positive for every disease. They don't know who has AIDS or Hepatitis C, so they assume everyone does.

An interesting read if you are ever curious was an article written by a veteran entitled "Of Men, Wolves, and Sheep Dogs.

Cops, soldiers, etc. are sheep dogs. They stand to protect the flock of sheep (those unwilling to acknowledge that it COULD happen to them) from the wolves. But the sheep don't like/trust them because they look like the wolves. Also, every single person I know with a distaste for ALL cops usually has a history of breaking the law and getting caught for it. Don't break the law, and the cops won't be a problem. Like I said, I have been driving modified Hondas for nearly 2 decades now (including during the F&F height of hatred) and I have never had a problem with getting an unfair ticket.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                      I feel as if tax payers money is best used preventing DWIs not speeding. It's pathetic that so many people get away in court with DWI charges yet speeders rarely do. Not like I am saying speeding is good, but it is not common that speeders cause accidents, or worse. The intoxicated are more likely to cause serious injuries to others and they are given too many damn breaks! No more exceptions for them!
                      Are you basing this on any sort of fact? Because all of the data I have seen from any official source shows and proves that speed is a factor in nearly 100% of all accidents. Also, from purely a physics perspective, the faster you are going, the less likely you are to be able to stop (braking distance increases exponentially with speed), and you have more force when you finally DO hit something (increasing the likelihood of injury or death).

Drunk drivers do their fair share without question, but in most cases, speed is still a factor, like when they cross a double yellow into oncoming traffic creating a high speed, head on collision.

Also, let's be realistic. Citizens outnumber cops probably 1,000:1. I guarandamntee there are just as many speeders not getting caught as there are drunk drivers. Also, consider that speeding patterns are easier to predict. Cops know which roads people speed on, they tend to know when they are most likely to be speeding (to or from work), etc. Drunk drivers can be anyone, anywhere, any time. And I don't know about your state, but AZ hammers drunk drivers every chance they get.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                        That IS harassment. If I'm walking down the street and a cop stops me and wants to question me for no reason IM BEING HARASSED. Point blank. If you have probable cause to stop and question me, then do so. But if I'm having a fine and dandy day, minding my own business I don't need you stop me and wasting 5 minutes of my day.

People need to earn their fucking rights so shit like this will stop happening. If you give in to this govt BS sooner or later our rights won't even matter.

Next time that happens to anyone whether you're driving or not here's what you say:

Dear officer, I nearby exercise all of my constitutional rights.
                        I wish to leave your presence unless you state I'm under arrest.
                        If under arrest, I invoke my Miranda Rights.

I demand immidiate contact to my lawyer *__________*
                        I will not talk without a lawyer present
                        I do not consent to search of my premises, or possessions, including my body, car and effects.

I demand reasonable opportunity to immediately collect my property, or if not possible, only such intrusion as is minimally neccessary to secure it. I waive all claims of liability against you and those you are under if thus afforded.

I hate seeing people not exercise their rights and police OVER stepping the law and their boundaries. Go catch some real fucking criminals instead of harassing me and my friends.

I was lucky enough to come across some good cops this last winter and a couple friends and I decided to smoke some weed. We had no where to go so we went to a public park at 11:30pm thinking no one would see us. Well some cops saw our cars there and the park closed at 11pm. We left a whataburger tray under one car and a pack of gars with it. Of course then the cops knew what was up. As we made our way to our cars (non of us smelled like weed) the cops questioned us. Barely searched us and told us to just smoke at home, we got no tickets just a warning. They saw we were a bunch if college kids with futures ahead of us. Our races 2 mixed, 1 white, 1 Hispanic. 2 guys 2 girls. THOSE are cops I like. They cared that we did it at a park, they asked who I supplier was. Of course we told. We were high as shit. Then they let us go. Go after the provider. Not the user.
                        http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...com/harassment

Doing their job as ordered (by people who got elected by those whom they are questioning) doesn't constitute harassment. Not allowing them to go after a few brief questions, or not questioning everyone might be. If the people don't like being questioned, then they need to elect leadership that doesn't have the cops do that. But the hard reality is that the only ones likely to be complaining about harassment are probably breaking the law. Just like on an episode of COPS, the ones complaining about being harassed and having rights are usually the ones that are being detained for clearly breaking the law.

I am not saying there is no such thing as harassment from the authorities, but what Bcozzi describes isn't such an example.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                          I am not saying there is no such thing as harassment from the authorities, but what Bcozzi describes isn't such an example.
                          I agree with this. I think what Bcozzi is describing is some sort of inherent, instinctual part of the job that you just learn. If you worked at Mcdonalds, you'd become instinctual about the angry customer waiting in line next to yell about their order being off. If they were pissed, you'd generally know it and prepare yourself mentally before the confrontation happened.

Bcozzi is describing the same, over time, developed instinct. I think that being an officer, you learn to rely on that instinct, and that situation leads to some cops feeling empowered and taking things out of control. Basically, because their own compass is off, not because the process is flawed. If you think about it, every single profession has a developed instinctual way of dealing with situations. Bcozzi is just in the profession of identifying crime, so his developed instinct is pointed at the public and potential guilty parties.
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                            I agree with this. I think what Bcozzi is describing is some sort of inherent, instinctual part of the job that you just learn. If you worked at Mcdonalds, you'd become instinctual about the angry customer waiting in line next to yell about their order being off. If they were pissed, you'd generally know it and prepare yourself mentally before the confrontation happened.

Bcozzi is describing the same, over time, developed instinct. I think that being an officer, you learn to rely on that instinct, and that situation leads to some cops feeling empowered and taking things out of control. Basically, because their own compass is off, not because the process is flawed. If you think about it, every single profession has a developed instinctual way of dealing with situations. Bcozzi is just in the profession of identifying crime, so his developed instinct is pointed at the public and potential guilty parties.
                            Its funny... you bitch at Bcozzi for having screwed up judgment, but then exhibit it yourself. I do think there are bad cops and even bad precincts and departments. That is part of why I left NYC. But you are letting your problem with authority cloud your judgment of police, and that's not really fair. For the most part, cops are good people doing their jobs and doing them well. You think the cops here are bad, I'm guessing you've never been out of the country.

It does suck that Hondas get profiled but if young Honda drivers weren't such fucking idiots it wouldn't be a problem. Truthfully, with all the problems from theft, to profiling, to the lowish level of performance, unless you are a real die hard Honda head or you live somewhere where thieves don't mess with Hondas it's not worth it.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              Its funny... you bitch at Bcozzi for having screwed up judgment, but then exhibit it yourself. I do think there are bad cops and even bad precincts and departments. That is part of why I left NYC. But you are letting your problem with authority cloud your judgment of police, and that's not really fair. For the most part, cops are good people doing their jobs and doing them well. You think the cops here are bad, I'm guessing you've never been out of the country.

It does suck that Hondas get profiled but if young Honda drivers weren't such fucking idiots it wouldn't be a problem. Truthfully, with all the problems from theft, to profiling, to the lowish level of performance, unless you are a real die hard Honda head or you live somewhere where thieves don't mess with Hondas it's not worth it.
                              I don't really feel like I expressed poor judgement.

I am/was more or less describing police situations that come up all too often in the news about police acting exactly as i described. However, I did try and backpeddle a bit so it wasn't personalized specifically at bcozzi. He seems to be genuine and has offered his insight in an honest fashion.

I bet he works with cops that are just like I am describing, and every city/dpt has them. They do exist.

And I travel internationall all day long among N.America to different countries for my job and have spent plenty of time at vacation hot spots all around the world-so I DO understand what its like elsewhere. I guess I don't live there year round so I am more tolerant to the excessive nature of their police being a vacationer. Who knows.

Cops aren't the only ones that do it. Occasionally you get an asshole manager at Wal-Mart that feels empowered to be a dick about honering the price on the shelf even though it rang up wrong, or whatever. Its not just cops.

People in general are assholes, some of them just happen to be cops. The requirements of being a cop involve having good judgement and the ability to navigate along that moral line. Assholes that become cops could give a shit about that moral line. They wouldn't care about it at the grocery store, on the job or at a fucking library. They are just douches, and now empowered douches with a badge on their own personal agenda.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Cops are people. People are flawed. You can learn how to be a cop in the academy, but you can't forget how to be a person... for good and for bad.

Bias exists in every aspect of life. Sometimes not without valid cause. Some people are just better at knowing when and how to give their biases any credence.

Being a cop is very largely based on instinct. Anything more than sitting in wait to catch speeders requires an officer to make assumptions. A beat up old car driving slowly through a wealthy neighborhood at 3am is cause for suspicion. It might just be a kid from out of town trying to find his wealthy aunt's house. Also, it might be someone looking for an easy target to rob. Or it could be some drunk driver, trying to take back roads home to avoid the attentions of the police. When a cop sees that car, and they see the way they're driving, are they wrong for pulling the driver over to find out? Are they wrongfully profiling the driver based on his shabby vehicle?

Honestly, I'd be thankful if a cop pulled over such a person in my neighborhood. And if I were the one driving around like that, i wouldn't take offense... because it makes sense.

Profiling based on race, gender, or age could be a bit trickier... but cops generally know their areas quite well. When you spend years in an area, you know what sorts of people to expect to see. Kids wandering around an area that is populated primarily by old people could be an indication of trouble. An elderly person wandering around in an area that is known to be rough, with lots of aggressive youths about... they could be lost and in danger. A person of a race that is different than the primary population of an area could be out of place for a bad reason, or they could be in danger and ignorant of that fact. I had a light skinned Cuban friend come down to visit me once. He wandered into Camden, NJ by accident. A cop stopped him, told him he was "too light for this section of town", and escorted him out of town. Not by force, but as protection. It was getting dark, and a "white" kid alone in that section of Camden would actually be in danger. Granted, the cop almost certainly (and not unreasonably) had a suspicion that my friend might have been there trying to buy drugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X