Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice On Negotiating Buy Where Seller Is At Fault...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice On Negotiating Buy Where Seller Is At Fault...

Back in November, about a week or so before Turkey Day, I found a vendor who made custom racing motorcycle leather jackets (a hard commodity to find somewhat ). They had one already designed that I like/was very fond of, and with money in hand, they would make it. I bit on the deal.

I expected to receive the same design as was marketed roughly 3 weeks later. However, when the product arrive, it had one slight variation. They put the company Dainese's logo on it w/o their permission. I was highly upset, but was so impressed by the quality and build, I told myself that I needed another one exactly the same w/o the Dainese logo. I sent the jacket back, receive a refund (in which I paid return shipping but didn't have to), and requested different logos (bible versus) in the pplace of the Dainese logo. Seller agreed, and made a new jacket. However, when finished, he did a shitty job just trying to patch over the old logos (and he put the wording upside down). I was unhappy, and requested it to be new with no additional patches. The third time, he got it damn near perfect, but this time he put the bible versus backwards after sending him a full clear schematic/diagram of the design. Now, I think I will buy jacket at a substantially less rate than agreed for his mess ups.

The original price I paid was $369.00. Return shipping was ~$65.00. We agreed on the new design that I created at $400.00 (as it had more details and color). Now with the mess up, he asked how much will I pay.

So whatever price I think of, I get to subtract the return shipping from the price.

Jacket 1:

Jacket 2:

Jacket 3:

What should I pay or should I not buy it at all?
    Last edited by Straight Success; 01-28-2015, 08:41 PM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Truthfully if that were me I would of completely returned it by now and asked for the full purchase price back. But if it's something you definitely like and if this was a fairly long process sending it back multiple times I have no idea what the market is for this type of item. Did you pay the original price already or do you have nothing into this jacket? Besides the return shipping fee's? I understand now so you got a full re-fund on the 369? I think to not be an ass I would offer to pay 150 for it considering all the problems you had with your purchase if not 150 there should be a decent percentage coming off of the price. Sounds like he has pretty good customer service skills but do you have the jacket itself in your possession already?
    Last edited by Kev1990; 01-28-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
      Truthfully if that were me I would of completely returned it by now and asked for the full purchase price back. But if it's something you definitely like and if this was a fairly long process sending it back multiple times I have no idea what the market is for this type of item. Did you pay the original price already or do you have nothing into this jacket? Besides the return shipping fee's? I understand now so you got a full re-fund on the 369? I think to not be an ass I would offer to pay 150 for it considering all the problems you had with your purchase if not 150 there should be a decent percentage coming off of the price. Sounds like he has pretty good customer service skills but do you have the jacket itself in your possession already?
      Right now, the only thing I've paid was the return shipping. Original payment was returned to me. Company made jacket after I received refund.

I do not have the jacket. He will ship upon receiving payment.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Sounds like this is a pretty trust-worthy company. if the jacket is in your possession if it were me I'd offer 75-125 even though they fucked up multiple times if you like the jacket. They should of never half ass'd it though like they did. So the LOGOS are still screwed up on it? What price do you think is fair? Hmm in this case I would offer him 150 after deducting the 65 for returning it under the terms it is return-able again if you are unsatisfied with his product. If they are a fair company like it seems they possibly could be they will definitely be willing to work with you as long as they are not completely losing money.
        Last edited by Kev1990; 01-28-2015, 10:04 PM.

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking; $150.

Now I have to explain to people why the Biblical books are versus are backwards.

I have been wondering if the person who made this did it deliberately as he is Muslim and I referenced the bible.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Hmm sounds good man hope you enjoy your new jacket .

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
              Now I have to explain to people why the Biblical books are versus are backwards.

I have been wondering if the person who made this did it deliberately as he is Muslim and I referenced the bible.
              Well, now you have a conversation starter with anybody who says, "say, what's up with the verses?"
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                That's exactly what I was thinking; $150.

Or maybe after trying to redo it 3 times to make you happy, he just got confused because perhaps his interpretation of your instructions wasn't as clear as you thought you had given them?

Clearly, there have been several failures to communicate here. Also, it is possible that he is completely unfamiliar with the Bible and has no idea how the Chapters/Verses are laid out.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Good points. I think I'll send him $300 for all of his hard work and dedication.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                  X