No announcement yet.

What got you into imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got into imports when I first saw the fast and the furious. I used to own a 1986 ford mustang. Then I decided to look for a Honda civic it had to be a Fivespeed but I couldn't find one. Then I came across an accord it was a five speed and it wasn't my color but she needed a little work and thats when I fell in love. Then I wanted to be fast I tried with nitrous but then that got expensive.

Then I met deev and I noticed there was alot of action happening in the streets aka streetraces. The street racing scene was a very addictive environment. It was like the next soultrain every week you never know who or what you'll see and then there's the cops running from them. The scene has changed up not alot of races or grudge matches or money runs the scene is dead. You'll be lucky to even attend a meet since its gotten more underground.

Comment

How I got into imports was from driving a buddies Accord and RSX. I got the bug and bought a 96 EX Accord.

I'm into all makes of cars. I have always tinkered with any car that I owned. From a 77 Z28 Camaro to a 2015 Mazda 3. I prefer Honda and Pontiac. Probably because I own both and work on them on a weekly basis. I have put more money into both then they are worth.

If I had to put a finger on where my love of cars came from, I would say Movies and TV shows. The ones that focused on cars as their feature. Dukes, Smokey and the bandit, Knight Rider, even down to Magnum PI and The Fall Guy. Even though I'm not really into trucks, yet!

Guess where I am older, the Fast and the Furious series never really influenced me. I liked the movies but I didn't really get sucked into the flashy body kits and underglow lighting. Mechanically I was already into cars so the FF boost and N0S craze didn't really do it ether. I was already going to race tacks and low 10 second street cars running NO2 and huge tubos before the FF movies. Never got into street racing scene ether. Probably a good thing for me!
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-25-2016, 10:36 AM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I don't remember how i found this site. The more time i spent here, i started to look up to people for their vast knowledge. People like Doctorcipher, MRX, and WickedD16 to name a few. I was in HS at the time and I had a thirst to learn so i could contribute to this site. I wanted to learn the fundamentals behind what makes a motor work because it fascinated me. I now have the same passion for medicine, not so much for CBs, but I do log in from time to time because the people here are legit. Haha
        Last edited by 90EX; 06-25-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

For me, it was Need For Speed: Underground 1 & 2. As I kid, I loved cars and planes (still do), and I loved all the old Need For Speed games, especially Hot Pursuit. Then Underground 1 came out, which started my interest in Imports. And when Underground 2 came out in '04 when I was 13, that is what really set everything off. All of the customization options were amazing. From then on, I wanted an EM1 Civic Si. Fast forward to 2008 when I was 17, and I almost bought one. Except the one at the dealership had some issues, so I walked away with my '96 Accord LX Coupe, which I still own today. Looking back, I'm super glad I bought the Accord, because I grew a good 5 inches from when I was looking at Cars, and cannot fit comfortably in a Civic now. After buying my car, I didn't do anything major for a few years, while I paid off my parents for the car (I put a down payment on it, then paid them off over the next 2 years). After that point, I began wanting to mod the car. I started off like most people probably do, looking at cheap replica parts on eBay, Amazon, etc....Luckily, before I went and did anything stupid, I met Rafael (scanlessfool) and he showed my HondaSociety (the 5th Gen Accord equivalent to this site), and since then, I've been on the right track to building a car with quality parts. I kinda shudder to think where I'd be now if I had not met all the HS guys and be shown the right way.

Comment

easy to work on, reliable, driveability, common parts, engines were like legos
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Living in Guam in the early 90s I came across my first CB. It was a black 91 EX with all the options and it was sitting on hydraulics. It had American Racing wheels 5 star wheels (16s). At the time I was 10 years old but I fell in love wit the bodystyle.

When i moved back to the states in 94. turns out that my parents owned a CB which ultimately became my first car during high school taught myself to drive a standard in it, did an a6 swap and once I discovered this place I had TONS of ideas for it.

I even remember running into AW on the highway a few times (he lived in a neighboring town).

It was also this one that Deev and CP tried to save but unfortunately the site was down and it ended up in a JY.

Since then I've owned:

- 5th gen that I did my first 5 lug conversion, an H22 swap with a really good friend of mine off here (GraniteCB7),

- Owned a 92 coupe that everything got swapped to (ultimately doing my very first auto to manual swap)

- And now a 92 Accord sedan with everything thrown at it.

Fast and The Furious made it cool in someways but I tend to think it was over the top for the bodykits. All I wanted was red/clears and I remember those being around 300 shipped..lol
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
              X