No announcement yet.

I really don't want to sell my cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how often the license would need to be renewed here, though if it's only $250 per year, and I'd be able to use dealer tags and insurance to use multiple cars at once, it would be a bargain (NJ insurance is obscenely high.)

I'm thinking a streetside mailbox with sign affixed to it would suffice.

Man, now I want to research this more thoroughly. It was just a whim previously, but if it's actually doable, it could be a good way to go! I could always flip cars on the side as well... making legitimate use of the license.

Sorry to jack your thread, Jayson!

Comment

Well here in NH they really kill you on the dealer deal(ha!).

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...ers/retail.htm

Be bonded, have a place of business and have regular business hours. In a nutshell, no. I wanted it to be able to buy from the salvage auctions, you have a have a dealer license to buy from the salvage auctions in NH and all the surrounding plates. I also tried to negotiate with a car lot guy my buddy works for around the corner from my place, but that failed. So I just maintain a 3/4 ton truck and 16 ft trailer to move things when I need to, and buy cheap junk off craigslist and the local public auto auction. Actually they have a branch in Philly if you are interested in traded in junk and donation cars. It's kinda fun to see the junk that rolls thru and easy to buy from. Plus how can you go wrong with a $300 running driving car?

http://www.capitalautoauction.com/
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

you just have to be realistic with yourself. sit down, punch out the numbers, don't lie to yourself.

i thought i would never get rid of my accord then i moved on to subaru and then i moved on to vw. things change in life.

i built a race motor for my best friend and every year he keeps telling me it is going to the track. it's been 5 years now and this year is coming to a close. EVEN if you could store it for 10 years...that would be that much burden on your shoulders and storage isn't cheap.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Life happens. Selling my last CB was one of the best decisions I ever made. Put an easy $500/mo in my pocket and enabled my wife and I to save a bunch of money, move out of the ghetto and do a lot of good things.

End of the day it's just a car. Life is more important. That strange feeling you have about letting it go is maturity. Don't get me wrong, cars are fun, but for most people they are an extra, not the main thing

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

He's keeping the car.

Honestly, I feel it's all about what you want. I mean, I loved my CB7, and losing it was a relief in some ways. I didn't want to part with it, ever, and I had little time or money to work on it (when I had one, I lacked the other.) I had planned on getting it back on the road this Spring, and it would've happened... but a junkie happened instead.
            I still like the chassis, but I don't want another. Not anytime in the near future, anyway. Good ones are more than I want to pay, and cheap ones require more restoration than I care to do (hell, good ones do!) If I got another, it would never be MY car. It would never be the car that got me into cars in the first place. The car that I knew inside and out. Even if it's better, it'll never be as good.
            That being said, if I still had it, I'd have a hard time getting rid of it. Once I get in a better place financially (about this time next year), I'll be able to devote more time and money to a project... and that would have been that project. I will always have a fun old car to wrench on.

I assume for steelbluesleepR, it's pretty much the same. He will always be working on an old car... so why not his CB7? If keeping it is only a minor inconvenience, one worth enduring, then that's the best course of action. If keeping it requires major life sacrifices and puts a strain on his marriage... then it should go.

Comment

yep, it's staying. I make the majority of the money in the relationship, so she lets me have a say with what I do with a small bit of it

speaking of which, I just ordered the rest of the AN fittings I needed to finish the brake lines. I want to say a passenger side axle is the only thing left to buy to get it running, but I'm sure that's not true.
              Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-20-2016, 04:29 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
              X