is there a way to train your hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a way to train your hair?

i'm curious if there is a way to train your own hair. a lot of my friends have the same style hair as me when it doesn't have any gel in it. they can use a small amount of gel and get to be all messy, spiked, anything.. but mine always goes back to the one position like always.

i've tried using a huge glob of gel and everything else.. but i can't get my hair to do anything else except the same damn thing.

anyone know much about hair?
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

I use a du-rag to keep my hair forward and now im getting curls my hair just goes right up. The easiest way for me is just to wash it and start molding it into the shape i want.(molding lol)
    I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

like the products you use on your car, the quality of the product can make a difference.

try hitting up some chicks with this question:
      1. you'll learn what else is out there for your hair
      2. you get to kick it with some chicks

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
        like the products you use on your car, the quality of the product can make a difference.

try hitting up some chicks with this question:
        1. you'll learn what else is out there for your hair
        2. you get to kick it with some chicks
        lol, elliot thats some good advice right there, i'd listen to him rebels
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

give it a treat every time it listens to you

seriously, i used a bunch of gel to get it spiked when its long (my hair grows in thick and gets puffy)

i wet the shit out of it till water is al over the place and your hair is like limp
          i put gel and comb it back

i wear a hat for the rest of the day and it looks cool

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Sure is, i had long hair for 7 years, and finally cut it a year or so ago. My part still remains.

Comment

. . . i use mousse . . . works wonders on my hair. ive got that thick curly frizzy mop type hair . . . i guess you could call it trained . . . if by trained you mean trained to just poof out when its dry

this pic is from like october . . . but my hair is only a little longer than that now
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I use Crude Clay by Sebastian, you can find that in any Trade Secret, or a salon. This has great hold, but it doesn't give your hair a wet look, so it looks more natural.

For the summer when my hair is very short, I use Bed Head Manipulator by TIGI. The hold on this is great too, adds a slight wet look to the hair, but not too much, such as some gels do.

omg, this is scary, I don't sound straight :o Guess I shouldn't talk about how I have 4 pink shirts, and shop at Armani Exchange lol. :/

Comment

try a hair wax from a salon for a dryer look. you can work/style wax into your hair more then gel. i used to gel my hair for spikes. even though my hair stayed sticking up most of the time, i still gelled for that spike look. if you can get a pic of your hair, it would help also

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

a brush/comb/pick...du rag

right now..im gorwin it out..so..lots of washing..and this hair grease shit...

im black..but my hair is curly....i got indian hair lol woot

Comment

Wash your hair, towel dry 'til it just damp, then use some REAL beeswax(available at Sally's Salon Supplies). Depending on the amount you use, it'll stay for days or weeks. A little bit of water on your hair and you can style it anytime, anywhere. This is the same stuff black women use for their weaves, it fuckin' holds.

You can also put some between your fingers and tease your hair( grab little bits and pull).

The most important thing is to style immediately after you shampoo and condition, so your hair is ready for anything.
                      -Jay

Comment

back in the day, i use to spike my hair back. i used a product called:

REDKEN
                        06 Rewind
                        pliable styling paste

they've got salons throughout the city, so if you can't find it down in FL, lemme know. i think a 5oz. jar costs about $15-$20; but trust me, this stuff works..but you'll need their shampoo to get this shit outta your hair
                        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Girls don't know much about products for guys hair, although they know the look they like.

It depends on the type and length of your hair.

Try all products till you find what you like.
                          A good Gel is KMS. Its a thicker gel, not like those watery/slimmy ones.
                          In addition to those products already listed, there is also palmade, molding cremes-"d:fi", fiber, etc. and the old school hair spray and mousse.

And try applying it when the hair is a little bit dry to very dry. It all varies.

If your hair is medium to long, it's just going to fall no matter what you do.

My swap thread
                          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

I was kind of in the same boat before. Growing up, I had the same hair as everyone else in highschool, going to pretty much any cheapo $10 haircut joint and getting it cut short with a trimmer. Short and slightly spikey, and a part down that middle that I could not get rid of no matter how much gel I used. But after I started helping/tutoring Japanese students (I'm Japanese-Canadian BTW) in collage, they recommended I check out a Japanese hair salon about 45 minutes away.

Damn, they know their stuff on how to cut, style, perm Asian hair. At all the cheap places, they pretty much always told me the way they cut it was the only way it would look good for my Asian hair . I'm guessing the people at cheap places only do a certain style for everyone so they only want to do that one style.

But after going to a better place, it totally opened up the door for new hair styles. And if your hair grows a certain way that won't suit the look you are looking for, they use light perms to manipulate the hair. Sure it costs double to get my hair cut now but I get it done purely with scissors which takes skill, get the style I want which looks good but is different from my friends, good advice from the stylist on how to use certain hair products to style the hair, etc etc so I don't mind paying the extra. Plus I get the same person to do it which is great becuase you can trust them. Light perms+cut cost about $55US in my case but it lasts 3 months since I have medium length hair that doesn't grow all that fast while cuts+shampoo are $20.

I probably sound *** but if you don't mind paying a bit extra to get it done well so you look better, and have a stylist give you good advice or recomendations on what would suit you, that would be the way to go. Or you can even just go one time and ask for advise while they are cutting on what to use, how to style it, whether it should be wet or dry when applying gel, etc. Every hair is different and a pro knows best on what to do. Friends ask me now where I go since it's not the typical hair cut and girls dig it since I guess they find guys who care about how they look and aren't looking like every other guy appealing.

Comment

this is how my hair always goes.. even if i try to spike it up with a bunch of gel.

i may have to try the kind francis is talking about because them asians always have their hair spiked up.
                              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Working...
                              X