Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More June vacation pics!!! (56k bake a cake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More June vacation pics!!! (56k bake a cake)

Now that I've found the connector for 2nd digicam, here's some more pics from my TX to OR and back vacation during the latter half of June:

Craters of the Moon National Monument, ID:

My favorite pic of the bunch:

Experimental Breeder Reactor 1 between Arco and Idaho Falls ID:

EBR1 reactor core:

Story behind this pic. The CEO of Walmart, Whats-his-name Walton died in an ultralight crash during a storm in Jackson Wyoming in June. This pic was taken the same day, less than 40 miles away, at about the same time as he crashed. This pic is looking SSW towards Jackson from Moran Junction area between Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Would you fly an ultralight in this weather? I sure as hell wouldn't:

Outside of Dubois, WY:

Ruins of barracks at Ft Laramie, WY:

Looking SSW from Scotts Bluff National Monument, NE. This overlooks the Oregon Trail that is just 20 yards on the other side of the road:

Fuzzy bunny on top of Scotts Bluff:

Go figure:

There's still more where those came from. Now I have to find the connector for my other digicam (I have 3).

Well? Whaddya think?
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

man that's beautiful!

CEO's fly ultralights?? I thought it was Leer's or nothing?

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

very nice pics man

Comment

wow, i'd like to go there sometime. Like the pics a lot.

BTW, those parks look reallly nice.

Comment

those sceneary are really beautiful. u got more?

that rabbit is cute as well. i got a mini-rex ..
          hahahahah

Comment

I've got more of Crater Lake and Yellowstone and the like that i just realized are on my father-in-law's laptop and not my spare digicam.

I have more available that are similar to those I posted above. Mostly Teton and Craters, with a few Ft Laramie pics thrown in too. I'll have to clear some online storage space before I upload them.

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

well more background into the walton son. hes kinda a hippy.... hes from lived in san diego most of his life i think.. done a lot for the school down there etc. but he wasnt real big into the corporate world of walmart, the other child, a daughter... shes a bit of a drunkie... supposedly had a hit and run... paid off blah blah... now she just sits on her but and collects money.. now the other son is one that was a bit more hands on with the business... but why am i ruining this perfect picture thread with words... MORE MORE PICS PLEASE!!

Comment

I was just at Crater Lake last friday.

Yeah, that Walton guy lived in a very big house in National City (S.D.), that I used to ride my bike by many years ago. But I never knew he lived there until they showed it on the news.

My swap thread
                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

More pix!

MORE PIX! Yay!

More Craters of the Moon NM:

More Grand Teton (my wife alleges that there's a moose in this pic. I can't find it)

National Parks = teh win

Comment

Wow going back and looking at these pics I took months later makes me realize just how flat and boring Texas is.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
                      There's still more where those came from. Now I have to find the connector for my other digicam (I have 3).

Well? Whaddya think?
                      if you buy a digital card reader for somewhere between 10-30, you'd be able to upload your pics, as well as save the battery of your camera, as well as time.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Same for me and jersey, LOL.... great pics man, crazy stuff!

Comment

Good pics man. Keep em coming. And YES I want to see pics of Crater Lake! I was raised in Medford OR which is about 2 hours or so from CL. Used to go up there all the time. One of the main drags in Medford is Crater Lake Ave.

There's your useless trivia for the day! w00t!
                          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Working...
                          X