WTF!! RHD Cadillac Seville (USDM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF!! RHD Cadillac Seville (USDM)

I have never heard about or seen one of these....didn't know it existed....and I've worked in the auto industry for over 10 years....right-hand drive cadillac built in 97....sold here in the states....w..t..f?!

Cadi Link
    Mike:
    92 Accord DX 4d 5sp-Odometer:212k 12/07/05
    Member's Ride Thread - SOLD 1/12/06
    02 WRX ,White, 5spd, wingless FTW! - SOLD
    05 Legacy GT Limited, Silver, 5spd - TRADED IN Legacy gallery
    93 Prelude Si, White, 5spd, stock (daily driver)
    06 WRX Wagon , White, 5spd, Cobb stg2 (daily drooler)

some one went sideways on the design team

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Do you research it is either a vehicle produced for the British market or a one-off deal. Remember although you don't see them most of the popular US vehicles are made RHD drive for sale in Britian and Japan.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
        Do you research it is either a vehicle produced for the British market or a one-off deal. Remember although you don't see them most of the popular US vehicles are made RHD drive for sale in Britian and Japan.
        maybe, and I thought of that without "research"....But check out the photo of the US Catalyst (Federal Emmissions) label....if it was exported, or meant to be, it would be fitted with labels appropriate for whatever country it was going to....And I bet if you ran a carfax, you would see that it was registered in the states since Jan 97....
        Mike:

Comment

Originally posted by 92DXProject
          maybe, and I thought of that without "research"....But check out the photo of the US Catalyst (Federal Emmissions) label....if it was exported, or meant to be, it would be fitted with labels appropriate for whatever country it was going to....And I bet if you ran a carfax, you would see that it was registered in the states since Jan 97....

i was about to point out the catalyst sticker too. Also the speedo is in MPH, if a car was made in the states but intended for Asia or Europe... wouldnt it be in KMH?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

They've always got some goofy shit at that place in Houston.

Check out the cat-overheat light:
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

In 1997 the US enviornmental standards exceeded most of the worlds with the exception of Japan. And even then most times the US catalyst sticker is good enough. Rarely on US made cars will you find anything else.

To respond to the other remark, All Cadillac's have a selectible insturment center that can toggel between SAE and the Metric system. It's just a puch of a button.

I don't doubt it was sold and registered here I'm just saying it's most likely nothing special. Those things probably rolled off an assebly line in numbers just like other american cars that go to those markets.
              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

that cat light thing looks like the JDM ramen noodle one in cbs

Comment

There's a RHD Subaru Legacy wagon in my 'hood...note that I said RHD and not JDM. Some mail carrier wanted to use his car, so somehow he got that. I remember the first time I saw him I was flipping out, like "YO THATS MAD JDM SON!!!!"...but then one day I wound up having to give him a jump, and he told me the story. I was disappointed.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    There's a RHD Subaru Legacy wagon in my 'hood...note that I said RHD and not JDM. Some mail carrier wanted to use his car, so somehow he got that. I remember the first time I saw him I was flipping out, like "YO THATS MAD JDM SON!!!!"...but then one day I wound up having to give him a jump, and he told me the story. I was disappointed.

Thats odd, how do you get a RHD legacy? Built for the states? Did he have it custom made or something?

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                      Thats odd, how do you get a RHD legacy? Built for the states? Did he have it custom made or something?
                      Yeah like he said its for US Mail Carriers.

Believe me Dan I saw one here too earlier this year and freaked only to be told that they used them to deliver mail...theres even a Jeep Wrangler around my town thats RHD and Ive seen RHD Cherokees used as mail carriers.

Legacy's for the most part are built for the US market in Indiana right along side the Forrester and Jeep divisions. Also Isuzu built the Rodeo , Vehicross and Ascender there as well..and I think the Axiom as well(ugliest thing to roll out of the Isuzu crowd along with the B9 Tribeca).
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                        Yeah like he said its for US Mail Carriers.

Believe me Dan I saw one here too earlier this year and freaked only to be told that they used them to deliver mail...theres even a Jeep Wrangler around my town thats RHD and Ive seen RHD Cherokees used as mail carriers.

Legacy's for the most part are built for the US market in Indiana right along side the Forrester and Jeep divisions. Also Isuzu built the Rodeo , Vehicross and Ascender there as well..and I think the Axiom as well(ugliest thing to roll out of the Isuzu crowd along with the B9 Tribeca).

I thought mail carriers used those boxy jeep lookin things... my mom works at the post office and none of the cariers use anything else...

Comment

Meh this was in my old hometown in Mass. Big difference in weather mind you massive Nor'Easters versus Southern Cali sun with air choking Smog and sweltering heat.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7

I thought mail carriers used those boxy jeep lookin things... my mom works at the post office and none of the cariers use anything else...

yeah, in some rural areas thru-out the states, post offices sub-contract routes out to independents who know the area....these folks usually drive RHD cars or cheaply convert their existing, kinda like the driver's ed cars...
                            Mike:

Comment

I want a RHD honda....
                              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Working...
                              X