Here is an Idea.. Everyone read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an Idea.. Everyone read.

Just give it a few minutes, read this, and you can help make everyones day brighter without even really trying.

If it looks like too long of a read, check my signature, or read around the text that is in italics. I just dont want to see this board go down, and I KNOW that if people could just do this around here, and make it a part of their everyday lives, it will make this a better place, and make everyone around you happier.

Just think of how the profession of firefighting has changed in the past 3 years. It went to the "who cares" attitude until September 11th came along, and now they get the respect that they deserve. Police officers and Firefighters put their lives on the line every time that they respond to a call. When they walk up to a car for a simple speeding ticket, it can go real easily, or the driver could pull a gun. Us people sitting behind desks all day cant say we save lives on a daily basis.

Yes there are bad officers and people out there. But if America would put the person who did community service and made someones dream come true in the spotlight instead of the guy who killed 7 people, then the world would be a better place.

I am sure half of the school shootings wouldnt have happened if they werent broadcast like the winning lottery numbers. People that commit crimes just want attention, and thats just what we give them. People that sit there and help out EVERY DAY OVER AND OVER finally give up after doing good for years and never being recognised. The first step for everyone, on this board and in society is to instead of looking at a car and saying what you HATE, find something you like. Instead of kicking the piece of trash floating down the sidewalk, pick it up and put it in the trash can 5 feet away.

I challenge everyone that reads this to try it for a few days. Make yourself do a nice thing once a day. Just smile at someone you pass on the street instead of looking at the ground. Let the person behind you in line go ahead of you with their two items. Its amazing what such little acts of kindness add up to in the end. So make this coming week a week of positive, and I am sure you will be hooked and will continue to do so.

Today I went out on my motorcycle. While riding I waved/nodded at other riders and people that I came upon. It was just cool driving around and feeling like part of a big group. Other little nice things to do that I always do...hold the door open for someone, or say thanks if they hold it open for you; hang up your cell phone or tell the person to hold on while you check out at the store. When you are in bumper to bumper traffic, let someone in thats turning on from a side street. Its really not going to get you where you are going any slower, but it will make that person happy as well as bring a better name to the "import" community.

I know in some past posts I've been a prick with my comments... that will end. I'll post if I have something to contribute. If my opinions arent the same, then I will just sigh, and move onto the next thread.

When someone drops something next to you, help pick it up; If someone is scounging for money to pay for something... looking for a quarter, reach in your pocket and give it to them. People always only do things when they want something in return. Add a little extra to the waitress' tip without the underlying plan to get laid. Just help out in some little way, and it will come back around to you. Its karma as well, do something good, and it will reward you in the future.

Post back in this thread after you have done something good and made a difference in making this board and your society a better place.

I'll get off my podium for now
    Last edited by aero; 09-17-2005, 08:14 PM.

i actually had a great day, everything went well and fell into place. plus i got a cute girl's numer

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
      i actually had a great day, everything went well and fell into place. plus i got a cute girl's numer

I had a great day learned my uncle wasnt dead and he at home and now im visiting him great day way great...

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

I agree with you and try to do good deeds, but sometimes if you just not having a good day, your not feeling it.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          I agree with you and try to do good deeds, but sometimes if you just not having a good day, your not feeling it.
          yeah, but guess what. If you are having a bad day.. just look up and smile at some random hot chick.. compliment someone about something.

If you were walking down the street having a bad day, and someone smiled at you.. held the door for you, did something nice for you; guess what, it would make your day that much better. If you are having a bad day, dont make other people see that, just be cool, do a few good things and you wont be having a bad day after all.

I know you think im full of shit, but just do it and you will see.

If you read pat's thread (acclude91) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27680
          you would understand that everything is in your head. If you really want it, and put your mind to it, you can do it.

Comment

i love seeing this posted, since its something ive learned a few years back... just being overall nice makes me feel SO much better... holding the door for someone, or joking and talking to someone in line at dunkin donuts brightens both your days, as cliche and as stupid as that may sound, but its entirely true.

try it, i think most of you would love it... and id like to see that attitude start to show up here... lots of you new members dont know what the "original" cb7tuner was - honestly, i was exactly as he explained, if you just put this idea into effect in your life and also your internet life, youll LOVE this site so much more than you think you can...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Good thread, aero. I usually do shit like that for people. Feels good, and it gives the other person more faith in the world... that it's not all shitty and bad.

Comment

Just yesterday .. I went outta my way .. to a neighbor's yard .. to pick up a bag of cheezo's
                that was layin in the grass .. BIG loud colored, huge ass empty bag .. nothin else around ..
                Threw it in MY trash can, and another neighbor saw me do it .. and was like .. "great goin Tomi".
                And gave me a thumbs up .. I cant stand litter .. and when my buddy who was with me
                at the time also saw me do that, he was like .. leave it for them to pick up .. its their trash!
                Imagine if we ALL thought like that .. I simply gave um a glare stare .. and told him
                I care about my neighborhood .. unlike he does for his own.

I do alot everyday .. EVERYday, because of someone else's lazy ass was too lazy ..
                Do I get tired of it? Nah .. I used to work on a Golf Course .. it's nothing compared to
                what lazy ass golfers do because "I payed to play, therefore ..I do what I want" attitude.

Try picking up an entire 2 miles of beach .. like I used to in Hawaii .. just for having the privilege
                of keeping my sail-boat on the beach .. I didnt *have to* .. but I did it, cuz no one else
                would have .. I'm talking dirty diapers that parents left .. empty bottles ..and everything else
                under God's Beautiful Heaven.

Go figure ..
                Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

i help whenever i can when the time calls for but other than that im chillin .

Comment

I went to the redsox game tonight it was AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      I went to the redsox game tonight it was AWESOME
                      ok off topic but still not relevant?

I have a regular customer who actually took the time to send me a thank you card because of much of a big help and patient work I am.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i do that mostly with driving, i may drive like a maniac on crack, but when someone wants to get over and im haulin, i let em over
                        ]

Comment

i work at starbucks so i have to be all happy and curtious and bullshit.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i always let people in from cross streets, especially since i drive alot for my job, it makes me feel good even though it's something tiny. and i always say thank you even when i'm buying gas or cigarettes.

Comment

i do a lot of nice stuff for people, hold open a door, let people in front of me, and wave to people ive never seen before. I do it all the time and now that ive done it for awhile i rarely ever pay attention to me doing it because its become a habit. i was rasied in a southern baptist way by my grandma and that is where ive picked up on all of my nice habits. I see nothing wrong with helping a fellow person out in the littlest of ways. If everyone was like that the world would be a better place. im out and by the way good thread

Originally posted by Dr.x
                              You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Working...
                              X