I have an idea to cut down on BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an idea to cut down on BS

Set a post limit..like..must have like 50 posts or w/e to sell/buy items..or a certain number of posts to beable to make a thread in the performance tech area...im tireed of the...h22 or f22 turbo? questions..or the quetsions that are already in the damn FAQ..my goodness people are so damn lazy these days

i just wouldn't click on it. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Yes too many people are lazy, but hopefully getting all the FAQ's taken care of will make spoonfeeding the slower ones an automatic process instead of having to hold their hand the whole way

Comment

LMAO, Ricky. I only been here for a few months. I see why Uncle El only post now with links to old threads dealing with the same topic. Those F22 Turbo vs H22 threads drive me nuts!!!!!!!

As for the classified section idea...I will leave at that. Its an idea which prolly would only change how people get scammed. Scamming will happen regardless.
        Last edited by KillerCam282; 01-08-2006, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
          naive fellow..........we've had a wealth of FAQ for well over 2 years now.....it doesn't matter....people don't look at them, therefore they don't read them....

i know you're a new mod, all giddy, but that's why i quit...the REAL things that should be done just aren't getting done......IMO, when something doesn't work the first time, you should at least try a different approach instead of trying the same thing over again......

when deev views the member base as lazy and dumb, then some good will come of it......if we continue to give them credit they don't deserve, then they'll keep posting shit about "how do i get ice off of my windows" or "what is the key thing on the rear deck for"

or maybe "why do lugnuts tighten in a clockwise motion"

Do you ever turn off, or are you consistently angry in real life too?

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousJDMLBM
            Do you ever turn off, or are you consistently angry in real life too?
            maybe he's not angry, but just pointing out the facts. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
              Set a post limit..like..must have like 50 posts or w/e to sell/buy items..or a certain number of posts to beable to make a thread in the performance tech area...im tireed of the...h22 or f22 turbo? questions..or the quetsions that are already in the damn FAQ..my goodness people are so damn lazy these days
              Just because you have little post doesnt mean your going to scam or ask a stupid question. I agree with you on the worthless threads. Some people are just lazy though...

Comment

even with a ton of posts you can still scam someone or ask a stupid question. this thread is worthless

Later.

Comment

I agree with the minimum posts to sell idea. I always read the owners manual when I buy a car.... yes, cover to cover. So when I found you guys a spent the first several nights just reading the FAQ's. For us I think this is the best forum on the net. It deals with our cars. They all look basically the same, they all have basically the same engine, and all of the same problems.

Down to business. The search functions are hard to use. Unless I am using them wrong. There is no "all of these words", "exact phrase", "any of these words", "none of these words". I have spent literally hours scanning through threads the advanced search found trying to find what I am looking for. Mostly because I see something else interesting, but also because the list of threads that contain the words I am searching is so long.
                  It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

pros and cons to that idea...but i think we should have a new rule: you are not allowed to say "later" unless you are type G because that shit gets old really quick.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                      maybe he's not angry, but just pointing out the facts. later.
                      Nah man ricky's always crying about something. I don't know if he'll ever realize most people are dumb and lazy...it's just how the world works. And he keeps saying 'things need to happen' but he never makes suggestions as to what needs to be done. It's easy to complain, I'm a complainer by trade, but still...if you wanna get on everybody's case over everything at least have some kind of suggestion or plan as to how to make things better. All ricky does is put people down to try to make himself look better, and when he gets called out on it he doesn't say jack...I think that's why he deleted that thread he made about that dude he works with. If anything though, he's definitely consistent.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        Nah man ricky's always crying about something. I don't know if he'll ever realize most people are dumb and lazy...it's just how the world works. And he keeps saying 'things need to happen' but he never makes suggestions as to what needs to be done. It's easy to complain, I'm a complainer by trade, but still...if you wanna get on everybody's case over everything at least have some kind of suggestion or plan as to how to make things better. All ricky does is put people down to try to make himself look better, and when he gets called out on it he doesn't say jack...I think that's why he deleted that thread he made about that dude he works with. If anything though, he's definitely consistent.
                        i have to disagree, he's done a lot more behind the scenes than he leads u to believe

And i seriously thought i was the only one that was sick and tired of the "turbo f22 or h22" threads
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                          i have to disagree, he's done a lot more behind the scenes than he leads u to believe

And i seriously thought i was the only one that was sick and tired of the "turbo f22 or h22" threads
                          Well I didn't know about the stuff he did behind the scenes, I apologize. Maybe that's the reason why I don't see things as being that bad. I still think if you're really gonna complain you should have some kind of plan B...it's easy to see what's wrong, but it's not so easy to fix it. If he's been doing stuff though I'll shut my yap I guess.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

All ricky does is put people down to try to make himself look better
                            If that were true he'd be making new threads all day. If you were out to ridicule people just for the hell of it and you had to only pick from this board, your work would never be done. Ricky just doesn't care for bullshit and neither do I. Furthermore, I thought his thread on Donnell Ulliver Posey was pretty funny and should have stayed. I can see no valid reason to complain about why it was posted. Those who did complain need to stop being so fucking sensitive.

Comment

people may be dumb and lazy and may always be, but you can always attempt to try and change that fact, rather then sitting around and watching lazy individuals. Its like obesity in America, its a huge dillemma, and if you sit around and do nothing and just say well it happens, then there will be obese people everywhere. take action, take control, and make change.
                              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X