:waves lighter:

"I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
    (Ooh!)
    I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
    (Ooh!)
    And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
    If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place
    Take A Look At Yourself And Then Make A Change!"
    Last edited by MRX; 01-09-2006, 01:44 PM.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
      Nah man ricky's always crying about something. I don't know if he'll ever realize most people are dumb and lazy...it's just how the world works. And he keeps saying 'things need to happen' but he never makes suggestions as to what needs to be done. It's easy to complain, I'm a complainer by trade, but still...if you wanna get on everybody's case over everything at least have some kind of suggestion or plan as to how to make things better. All ricky does is put people down to try to make himself look better, and when he gets called out on it he doesn't say jack...I think that's why he deleted that thread he made about that dude he works with. If anything though, he's definitely consistent.
      It seems to me, that when you post in a thread that ricky has posted in...you seem to follow through with an attack on him. Is it your personal life's goal to constantly rip on him? Geez grow up. As for the topic, newbs dont read the FAQs anyway, even when it says READ HERE FIRST. They simply dont follow directions unless forced. I would have to agree with TypeG's post, of just not clicking on the new repeat posts.
      Seattle Silver crew #5
      Member of the Midwest Car Club.
      ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        Nah man ricky's always crying about something. I don't know if he'll ever realize most people are dumb and lazy...it's just how the world works. And he keeps saying 'things need to happen' but he never makes suggestions as to what needs to be done. It's easy to complain, I'm a complainer by trade, but still...if you wanna get on everybody's case over everything at least have some kind of suggestion or plan as to how to make things better. All ricky does is put people down to try to make himself look better, and when he gets called out on it he doesn't say jack...I think that's why he deleted that thread he made about that dude he works with. If anything though, he's definitely consistent.
        your always crying about ricky....stf up. your always trying to make him look bad.......aint gonna happen. hes contributed more to this site than anyone imo. and you say ricky has had no "suggestions" or "plan".....he has but no one has listend to them....hes always "to strict" and "so mean". face the facts 80% of the people here are cry babies.....ricky posts facts, and you cant handle that. hes not trying to make himself look good, he doesnt post non sense to get his post count up....if ya ask me your a freaking hipacrit.find something better to do than to rag on him.

Comment

Post count means nothing when it comes scamming or your wealth of knowledege.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

IMO the noobs will never stop asking those questions...it happens on ever forum on the internet....just ignor them and dont post in them

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

i have joined a 240sx forum..i know the dark side...but they have a beginner's forum, and they must have gone through a certain amount of days, and a certain amoutn of posts before they can post in the general forum...that will cut out both spam and BS

if we do this..it will weed out all the n00bs who arent dedicated, and it will keep all the n00b talk away from us...if we would like to venture in there, then sure, go ahead, but you can do so at your own risk, and the n00bs can stay with other n00bs
              Last edited by mondojackal; 01-09-2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                i have joined a 240sx forum..i know the dark side...but they have a beginner's forum, and they must have gone through a certain amount of days, and a certain amoutn of posts before they can post in the general forum...that will cut out both spam and BS

if we do this..it will weed out all the n00bs who arent dedicated, and it will keep all the n00b talk away from us...if we would like to venture in there, then sure, go ahead, but you can do so at your own risk, and the n00bs can stay with other n00bs
                A beginner forum...hey guys!!! This is a great idea!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                  A beginner forum...hey guys!!! This is a great idea!!!
                  Oh ya sure that sounds good to you MR. multi-K posts. Good luck to the guy that gets here tomorrow and is left talking to a bunch of other guys that don't have the experience you have. We're supposed to be here to help each other. Now, if you think your too good, too smart, too above the rest of us to take the time down off of your cloud of superiority to help a fellow brother in his time need.... Ouch! Sorry, I hit my head when I fell off of my soap box.
                  It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
                    Oh ya sure that sounds good to you MR. multi-K posts. Good luck to the guy that gets here tomorrow and is left talking to a bunch of other guys that don't have the experience you have. We're supposed to be here to help each other. Now, if you think your too good, too smart, too above the rest of us to take the time down off of your cloud of superiority to help a fellow brother in his time need.... Ouch! Sorry, I hit my head when I fell off of my soap box.
                    Before you decide to come out your ass and be fresh, get the facts straight. Noob forums are usually where only noobs who are in a trial period can post. Other existing members can come in and help steer them in the right path. I been doing that for a while now. Only difference is all the beginner questions will be in one place. Much easier for helpful members like myself to assist most noobs looking to learn something.

I have assisted plenty of people before and I will continue to assist them. So, like I said before get your facts straight. That way you can avoid looking like a dumbass.
                    Last edited by KillerCam282; 01-09-2006, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      complain, no big deal, your member 1098340985 of the "ricky sucks" club.....

my wife just joined it too, we're finally divorcing, yay.......life gets better and better

thing is, this "flaming", or what i call, heated discussion (exactly what the word flaming came from) is GOOD for the site if kept somewhat on topic......going off on a tangent about your ugly feet when discussing something like this is stupid, but if more people voiced their opinions and possible solutions, it would fix things......not everyone's suggestion is a good one though, but better than nothing.....sometimes, to know what works, you have to know what doesn't.......

i model myself as a father by looking at my father and saying "i don't wanna be that way".........he helped me by being a bad example......it works

but dude, i've got good days and i've got bad days.......who doesn't, no harm done though....run your mouth until you're blue in the face, won't bother me a bit.......if everyone would speak their mind, it may not be all fake nice, but people would respect others more.......i usually only respect someone after i've seen them stand up for something or do something that makes me feel like i've seen the real THEM......i hate fake.......we have a lot of fake nice here.......bad for some, good for no one.......

1) there are members who haven't been around forums......they have every right to come across as useless noobs

2) some are dumbasses, plain and simple

3) some are lazy.......

#3 is what gets under my skin......if they tried and became a #2, fine......i'm a #2 when it comes to "being nice to people".....i don't give advice on how to make someone feel warm and fuzzy inside.......i'm "nice ignorant"

a link in everyone's sig would make it about 500x as visible
                      A link to what? I'm down...

And honestly, the lazy noob problem is not gonna go away...all we can really do is clean up the FAQs and hope they learn. But I really doubt you can change someone's through moderation on a forum. It looks like whips are gonna be cracked, and whoever doesn't get down with the program is gonna have to go. I personally don't see a problem, but I don't know the whole story, and I understand the issue of wasted bandwidth on shit like 'how do you clean the floormats'...but I really don't see things as being so bad that drastic measures have to be taken. If we have to take measures to save bandwidth I can understand that...and in EXTREME cases like with that charlie081823 dude and the springs shit has to be done...but what's the big deal? I think things have slowed down outside of OT considerably since the beginning of the forums, and we have a lot of good members who love to contribute. I guess it really depends on your viewpoint...personally I think this is the best forum of this kind out there. :shrugs:

And it sucks that shit's going all haywire for you in life, although you seem to be taking it in stride. Good luck with everything, seriously. LOL...and I'm guessing I'm in the pool of peeps you say are fake nice...I just call things as I see them. If something's funny, I laugh...if someone's on some shit, if I feel the need I let them know. If I'm wrong in my opinions, let me know; I don't think I'm hardheaded or hard to talk to...but I've never been fake nice to anybody. That shit's for girls.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                        Before you decide to come out your ass and be fresh, get the facts straight. Noob forums are usually where only noobs who are in a trial period can post. Other existing members can come in and help steer them in the right path. I been doing that for a while now. Only difference is all the beginner questions will be in one place. Much easier for helpful members like myself to assist most noobs looking to learn something.

I have assisted plenty of people before and I will continue to assist them. So, like I said before get your facts straight. That way you can avoid looking like a dumbass.
                        exactly my point..if all the n00bs, regardless of post counts on other forums, or forum experiences, were herded into one forum, then it would help the rest of us by cutting out all the spam, and helping to prematurely weed out those that really aren't dedicated to the site in the first place..if they are not motivated enough to break through the "beginner post count" then they are prolly too lazy to be hanging around here as a member...
                        also..if the beginner's forum is open to more experienced people, we can help them like acclipseh23 said...sort of guide them in the right direction..the great part about it is that they get beginner's guidance and an intro to our board, and we dont have them spamming the other sub-forums trying to boost their post count..
                        to save constraints with making a whole 'nother forum, just make a single beginner's section, one that has no topics...just general talk if you will, and that has a posting FAQ...we would also need someone very patient, or people very patient who could be moderators...

but that's just my idea..i hope someone considers this..it works very well..

Comment

I'm not entirely sure there is a correlation between post count and knowledge, when we have a member with over a thousand posts who zip tied on a sway bar.

Ya know?
                          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                            I'm not entirely sure there is a correlation between post count and knowledge, when we have a member with over a thousand posts who zip tied on a sway bar.

Ya know?
                            word.
                            i have noticed people will try to give advice on anything, even when they have no clue what they are talking about. and they are usualy the first one to post. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                              word.
                              i have noticed people will try to give advice on anything, even when they have no clue what they are talking about. and they are usualy the first one to post. later.
                              Unfortunately, I sometimes am the first one to post...I hate the group that I fell in by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                                thing is, this "flaming", or what i call, heated discussion (exactly what the word flaming came from) is GOOD for the site if kept somewhat on topic......going off on a tangent about your ugly feet when discussing something like this is stupid, but if more people voiced their opinions and possible solutions, it would fix things......not everyone's suggestion is a good one though, but better than nothing.....sometimes, to know what works, you have to know what doesn't.......
                                I think we need a definition of "flaming" to go by on here! On topic discussion, even if heated, is fine. I agree that it's good. If someone is being a dumbass, and you can prove it with FACTS ("a B18C5 would be a good motor swap" can be disputed with many technical facts) then it's all good. When you start throwing in posts that are nothing but "you are a worthless noob" or "why don't you go kill yourself"... that's not being "real". It's being an asshole. When I look for information on a subject, and I actually USE the SEARCH function, and I find what I believe to be a very informative 5 page thread on my subect... I'm saddened to see that the last 4.5 pages are filled with pointless bickering. If someone asks a stupid question, and you answer that question in a less-than-friendly manner, I'm fine with that. Just don't start a 4 page war and we'll be fine! That's one thing I can definitely credit you with, Ricky. Even when you flame someone to hell, you at least answer their question.

Now, to address the situation at hand:

1) Noobs... the best we can do is make sure the information is as readily accessible as possible. The mods are doing a great job of weeding through their respective forums and coming up with index threads dealing with the most common topics. Check the Suspension forum for a good example of this. Is that going to keep noobs from asking the same stupid questions? No. I don't think any of us expect that! However, when some dumbass asks "will I need a camber kit with my 3" drop?", we have an option. Rather than have a whole 5 page discussion on how stupid the noob is, with perhaps 2 useful posts... we can just link to the index. Then a mod can lock the thread. No harm done, a noob learns something, and nobody needs to be banned for a day

2) Scamming... We are working on a writeup to help people protect themselves. I'll say it here, and when the writeup is ready, I'll make an official announcement. Since we can't control scammers, circumstances, and errors... all we can do is hope to educate the buyer. Let them protect themselves!
                                Ebay is going to be the preferred method of buying and selling here on cb7tuner.com. It is possible to perform a private sale on Ebay (that's what the writeup consists of, mainly...) Yes, there are fees involved. Yes, that will either cut into the profit potential, or raise the cost... However, I'd rather spend $3 more on my item than lose my money completely!
                                Regular person to person sales are still allowed, but if you get scammed, I don't want to hear about it. Even to "warn" others about... I don't care. If you get scammed on here, after we show you how NOT to get scammed... well, good for the scammer! They found an idiot! Kudos to them!
                                I understand than a $10 set of corner lights might not be worth the hassle... $10 might be worth risking. Fine. Do what you will. But the responsibility is on the buyer, 100%.

3) Post count and knowledge / noob forum... Post count does not dictate knowledge. Online reputation also does not dictate knowledge. SOME experience does not mean someone knows it all! Don't assume every answer you get is from an authority. I'm sure I've given out bad advice myself from time to time! Someone with 68 posts may very well know more than someone with 3000 posts. A low post count might just mean that the person posting spends more time under their hood, rather than in front of their computer! (or they delete all their own threads after a week or two... )
                                A noob forum wouldn't help much. To an experienced person, changing the intake manifold might be a noob project. To someone that's never done it before, it might be a major undertaking! That inexperienced person would most likely ask about that problem in the regular forums. And 50 posts (or 1000, or whatever) doesn't mean that they're any more comfortable with that process!

The bottom line is: Noob happens. If you don't want to be bothered with answering yet another question, you have 2 options... link to a previous thread, or ignore it. If someone comes off as lazy to me, they just don't get an answer!

I've expanded my soapbox. It's now a 6 room Cape Cod on a 1 way street. I live there.

Comment

Working...
                                X