Changing my life/health around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing my life/health around

Alright, for those of you that know me, you know that I'm not the skinniest person on earth, lol. Being fat has never really bothered me too much until recently.

I've been doing tons of thinking lately. I don't want to die before my children graduate I also don't want to leave my future wife. She is really worried about my health, as is the rest of my family and friends.

I do NOTHING to be healthy. I sit at my desk and research all day. I don't even go to school anymore, I basically gave up on school this quarter. I'm past the point where even if I gave it my 100% I still wouldnt pass. So, I have decided to not worry about school for the rest of this school year and focus more on my health.

I don't know/remember how many people I've told that I have already had a minor heart attack not too long ago. It was about 3 summers ago when I was just sitting down talking to my girlfriend on the phone and all of sudden I have pain down my arm. Since then, I have made no attempts in changing my eating/excersing habits. The doctors really didnt do anything because I didnt have insurance.

Anyways, forget the past, I want to change who I am, not only for the ones I love but most importantly for me. I have gone up from a size (jeans)36 to almost 40 in 2 years, it fucking sux. I want to be able to go back to a 34 or even 32.

My current status:
    5'10"
    ~240lbs(that was about 4 months ago)
    I doubt I can even bench 200lbs, back in high school I used to bench 285.

I havent really worked out since sophomore year in high school due to a back injury during a wrestling match. I'm pretty sure I cant even run/jog half a mile without stopping, now thats fucking pathetic and it disgusts me.

In the past years, I have tried to diet, but never stuck with it because I expected results immidiately, which was stupid on my part, so I gave up.

Now, my main goal is to lose weight. My goal is to reach 200lbs. By when, I have no clue, but hopefully before summer ends. Does that sound like a good goal?

I need input from you health/fitness guys. I have done SOME research, but not enough. I'm still working on that.

So far, I have understood that it is better to eat multiple small meals throughout the day than to eat 3 regular sized meals. Thing is, I don't know what to eat. what are the do's and dont's. This is where i need the most help on.

For work outs, I have access to the gym everyday all day. I go to UW, and we have a huge fitness facility and I need to put it to good use. I will mostly concentrate on aerobic excersices because I'm thinking that will help me lose weight faster. I will lift once in a while, do a different set of muscle group each time. heres what I'm thinking:

Monday:
    Aerobics
    workout chest/arms
    stomach

Tuesday:
    Aerobics
    workout legs/back

Weds:
    aerobics
    stomach

Thurs:
    aerobics
    workout legs/back

Friday:
    aerobics
    arms/chest
    stomach

Sat:
    aerobics
    stomach

Sun:
    aerobics
    Stomach

How's that sound?

Btw, I really don't want to take any supplements, not only because I dont want to, but because i dont have the money to spend on them.

remember, my number one goal is to lose weight(fat), not get stronger, that will come with time.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

i think your doing the right thing man, not only you are doing whats best for your physical features, you are also doing it for your health which is a top priority to withstand. do your routine as planned.

Comment

you need to take SAT/SuN off your body needs to rest...Monday through thursday...with FRI, SAT, SUN off is a good setup.

Comment

Well perhaps you need to lose serious weight. HMM I say exercise 3 times a week rest on the weekends,eat health no junkfood. Eat mostly fruits,vegies a nice healthy salad without the dressing and wash it down with some water. Have sex plenty of it with ya lady that does it good for the heart. Gotta get the cardio work out. Lift some weights to a minimal extent. Dont lay down right after you eat stay up for atleast half an hour so that the food goes down. Dont go to most of these fastfood resturants the shit is all poison. Get the george forman grill and cook with that all the fat ont he food slides off so that your food is more lean.

Comment

yea, i was just reading that. I need to allow some resting days for my body to recover and gain energy back. Im thinking of taking Sats/Sun off since thats when I go home and dont have access to the gym.

If i could lose 2lbs a week, that would be awesome. I think the first thing I'm going to do is cleanse my whole fucking system. I'm pretty sure its messed up and ugly on the inside.

I'm gona go to sleep pretty soon, since I know that sleep is an essential part of being healthy. I hope I wake up early tomorow to go eat some oatmeal and some water. I read that juice is a diet killer since it contains alot of sugar and some other bad shit. I duno, I'm researching as much as i can on food. i really dont know what i'm doing as far as that goes. but for sure, I know to stay away from things with trans fat, try to eat chicken instead of beef, eat tons of veggies, eat fruit as snacks.

what do you guys think as those protein bars or those energy bars as snacks?

blah, i need to come up with a meal plan.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            Well perhaps you need to lose serious weight. HMM I say exercise 3 times a week rest on the weekends,eat health no junkfood. Eat mostly fruits,vegies a nice healthy salad without the dressing and wash it down with some water. Have sex plenty of it with ya lady that does it good for the heart. Gotta get the cardio work out. Lift some weights to a minimal extent. Dont lay down right after you eat stay up for atleast half an hour so that the food goes down. Dont go to most of these fastfood resturants the shit is all poison. Get the george forman grill and cook with that all the fat ont he food slides off so that your food is more lean.
            bwahha, yea. Lately, Ive been eating TONS of fast food, at least 3 times this last week. My gf works at McD's, so that really doesnt help, especially since Im a broke ass and need to save as much as I can.

but yea, im totally gona cut off the junk food.

thanks for all your guys' support, i really appreciate it, espcially you sparkle. I know we dont always see eye to eye, but i appreciate your help man

oh, and I get plenty of sex on the weekends I go home
            Last edited by d112crzy; 05-02-2006, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              bwahha, yea. Lately, Ive been eating TONS of fast food, at least 3 times this last week. My gf works at McD's, so that really doesnt help, especially since Im a broke ass and need to save as much as I can.

but yea, im totally gona cut off the junk food.

thanks for all your guys' support, i really appreciate it, espcially you sparkle. I know we dont always see eye to eye, but i appreciate your help man
              I used to be in the junkfood. They add in al those additives just look the other way when you see your girl comin through with the mcdonalds if she does. I would like mix up some fruit mix it make a smoothie if your hungry make another jar of the smoothie in a blender.

Its very healthy and it will hold the hunger down and your system will be able to flush the toxins from your body when you drink water. Little stuff like that yaknow. But The chestpains are from the fat in your bloodstreem. The mcdonalds fastfood is poison trust me stay away from it.

And a majority of the fastfood places today.I dont know alot about bars and energy drinks i say make your own smoothies and fruits. Get some boneless chicken get the george forman grill and season it up litely and lay it across the foreman grill you can actually see the fat slide off and collect into the catch tray below.Then hook it up add little fruit and stuff and the fruit smoothie will fill you add just a little bit of sugar some orange juice some berries that sit. Sunflower seeds unsalted ones. Just try to get things that are sugarfree or low in colorie like ricecakes too.

Comment

It seems many people have to MAKE themselves be healthy.

Turn off your tv. Turn off your computer. Leave them off. Now find something to do that doesn't involve sitting. I think you can be healthy without spending all your time at the gym, you just have to get rid of these modern distractions that take away the days of your life.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I"m in the same boat. I'm trying to cut beer/alcohol and it's really tough. I've cut down big time though and I want to drop 5 lbs and go from there.

I woulnd't focus TOO MUCH on heavy weights, just something for muscle tone.
                  hahahahah

Comment

One helpful thing I began doing was eating 6 small meals a day. Its supposed to speed up your metabolism. So far I have been getting excellent results with it. And as funny as this sounds, the Subway diet actually works.

You won't lose 40+ pounds by the time summer comes. Its May right now, summer starts June 21st. Don't bother setting a deadline, just commit to your diet/workout. And if you did shed 40+ pounds in 60 days, I know it will not be "safe" weight loss.
                    Last edited by KillerCam282; 05-02-2006, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Good call on gettin heath issues straight. I've had a heart attack myself but it wasn't because of bad health...it was kinda induced from some ingested *chemicals* in my system. I had to make some major life changes to keep it from happening again and it wasn't easy. I think you should take everyone's suggestions so far...but work out hardcore one day and then take the next day off. Work out again hardcore and then take the next day off. This gives your body time to regenerate and build muscle, but you still need to eat healthy on the "off" days too. And drink plenty of water. So work out like 4 days a week but only do it every other day. Also, I didn't see any major cardio on your agenda which considering the heart attack, that's probably the most important one! Run or hop on a treadmill and really work your heart. Build it up nice and strong. We would be sad to lose you to a heart attack too so you've got penty of people who want you to be around for a while! That's plenty of motivation and it sounds like you have the right mindset to make some changes so I feel confident that you'll make it happen

My Accord History:
                      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Amen!

Comment

i lost 20-30 pounds in 1 month, and i wasnt even trying to.

my secret. walking and water.

i was in europe for that time, my buddy and i would go sight seeing and just walk everywhere all day. we drank plenty of water.

we ate whatever we wanted. pizza almost everyday, breakfast was croissants and other sweets. We even ate mcdonalds every ones in a while.

just eat smaller portions. and keep walking.

you said you dont do anything during the day so just set a goal to walk everywhere, get a 2 litre of water and some good shoes.

whatever you do, dont start off fast with weights and running, your body isnt used to it yet. it will get sore and you will give up. Set goals that are within reach, once you attain them keep going.

Comment

Man, that's cool that you want to make a change..... I train 4-5 days a week, so if you ever have questions or need a decent deal on some protien or other supps. let me know!!!
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

jogging really helps. the routine you posted seems like too much work, but i guess if you have time and think you can be consistent with it then go for it. dont try to lose hundreds of pounds in a month, as long as its a steady decline you will be good, might take up to 2 years, but hopefully not. if you dont like jogging, bike riding is where its at.

Comment

Working...
                              X