very sad day for the cb9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very sad day for the cb9

it happened... just had an accident this morning. i was taking a right hand turn and i lost traction. it just finished raining and there was a mix of small muddy gravell on the road. i was in 2nd gear and going around 10-15mph when i lost controll and slid foward hitting a 2003ish jeep cheroke in the tire. the jeeps controll are broke along with the bumper and thats pretty much it. My cb9s hood is gone with headlights and the radiator broke and the bumper is trash too. the car wouldnt start or even the ignition would not work. im going back to the towing place to take a look at it. the police wrote in the report that it was nobodys fault bc of road conditions.

Im so upset right now. had all those plans for a swap and etc and now its all gone i dont know what i will do. id like to repair it and keep the car but i dont know how much that will cost. if i cant do that ill most likely look for another cb7 coupe or sedan 92-93 or something else from honda/acura.

i just dont know - maybe this happened because i wasnt the best person that i could be lately and its just a wake up call from God. Just glad nothing happened to me.
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

very sorry to hear that man. i'd be pretty upset if I lost my baby.
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Just be happy you weren't cited.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

sorry to hear man, at least every ones ok. CB's are a dime a dozen, believe it or not

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

That sucks man! I hate accidents. See how much it's gonna cost to fix. If you want to sell it for a decent price instead of fixin it, PM me and I might come and get it.

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

sorry to hear. I hate to see em go out like that! Keep ur head up im sure you will do what ya need to come out back on top.

Comment

RHD front clip time Youll figure it out man, keep your head up. When one door closes, two more open.

Comment

replace the main power fuse under the hood and it should start right up it seems to break this fuse during front end wrecks, ive heard this more than once and even happened to me when i wrecked my cb7. GL getting it fixed!
                10th anniversary crew #1

Comment

at that speed i doubt you have any frame damage...and parts i think you should be able to source pretty cheap. wagons are cool man! don't give up. glad everyone's all safe, and good luck with whatever you decide.

i had a badass front end crash in july before my swap...5k damage (CDN$)...hood, lights, corners, bumpers, fogs, bumper, both fenders, subframe, bumper support, radiator, left driveshaft and bent chassis.....no special coverage, not responsible, and it was all covered....super close to being totalled though....but i think cause my dad is my insurance broker, and the car had low miles and was in good condition, they salvaged it.

Comment

i just got back from looking at the car. i think its fixable. one thing is it that it wont start. when i turn the key the lights in the cluster dont even come on and the starter wont turn over. ill check the power fuse as 93 10th anniv said and see if that does it. is there anything else that could cause it not start? ill post some pics in few mins when i host them.
                    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

here are some pics i took with my cell phone...

my cb9

i will most likely need a hood, driver side headlight, bumper, radiator with fans, and the upper and lower front frame pieces that got bent.

Main damage to the oter car - 06 jeep laredo

i couldnt believe that the part of the controll arm from the jeep just snapped in half. the axle didnt break - just the rubber boot and the axle fell out of the hub assembly.
                      Last edited by cb7wagonPL; 05-16-2006, 06:13 PM.
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

wow! that looks like you hit a lot faster than 10-15mph like you said...be honest, you we're flooring it and just didn't have enough traction for that turn at 25+ mph right?

My Accord History:
                        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

sorry to hear that dude. that has got to suck. You'll have her runnin in no time. One step at a time.

Comment

nope i wasnt flooring it there was a lot of morning traffic out - it was 8am and i was going to work. i was coming down from a hill and i was breaking but once i hit that gravel/mud mix i slid and that made the impact worse. im gonna start looking for parts and slowly fix her up.
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

oh pelase, dont blame that shit on God.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X