Accord of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord of the Month

Anyone know why the Accord of the month on the homepage hasn't been updated in the past 5 years?

Because we stopped doing Accord of the Month competitions.

Activity died down here, and interest went with it.

Cant update a homepage without a new AOTM winner.

Maybe we can have someone write a code that would just display a slideshow of Members ride pics that are active members here???

Comment

I like that idea!
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

That might be how we do it until we get the AoM fired up again. Hopefully if traffic picks up, we'll see more action there.

As Ralphie said, we stopped getting nominations long ago. Our image hosting has always relied on 3rd party sites (that's changing... hopefully). When Photobucket, the main choice for hosting, decided to change their policies we saw a sharp decline in the number of shared images on here. That pretty much killed the Accord of the Month competition.

Also, very few people visit the main page anymore. Most come directly to the forum, either by a shortcut if they're a regular member, or by way of a Google search going to a single post.

Also, I like looking at Raf99's car.

Comment

Way to show favorites Deev.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              ahhhh, I love this place ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Smh. Who ever runs this site needs to step it up or let some one else run it. There is far too many active users on this site and the homepage just looks lazy. Image hosting is a diasaster as well and the site in general is so retro (which I like) but also has many bugs that I feel would be easy fixes for someone more experienced

Comment

Originally posted by benxher View Post
                  Smh. Who ever runs this site needs to step it up or let some one else run it. There is far too many active users on this site and the homepage just looks lazy. Image hosting is a diasaster as well and the site in general is so retro (which I like) but also has many bugs that I feel would be easy fixes for someone more experienced
                  This is a little harsh, as the person running this site is paying out of pocket to keep it up and running and never asks for donations from the members. If you think this is retro you should have seen it before the update. They just recently did a major overhaul on the site and are slowly trying to fix the bugs that came with the update. As for the image hosting they are still working the issue out.

I'm not tech savy, but im sure its not as easy as it may seem. Honestly I don't think the frontpage looks lazy, other then having the Accord of the Month outdated, maybe we should just remove it on the Homepage and fill it in with something else. I'm sure they are open to ideas.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by benxher View Post
                    I'll take that as a tongue in cheek post, and give ya one a these ..... Been here for over 2 decades, and this is THE Best CB7 Forum in the Universe !

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

We’re only 17 years old!

We’re going through a transition. Our upgraded software has been taking up most of the free time I have to devote to the forum. The front page will be redone, but it is not necessary for the functionality of the forum.

Many forums these days are owned and operated by large companies. Most of the old forums got bought out years ago, and are now heavily monetized profit generators. They are no longer genuine communities.
                      I refused to let that happen here. I turned away sizable offers (a decade ago, they were made pretty regularly.) CB7tuner will NOT turn into some soulless corporate entity. Unfortunately, that means we operate like a little mom and pop store.

I run this site in my spare time. I do not do it for profit. All moderators, anyone who provides technical assistance (cp[mike] and Pandemic did massive amounts of work to get this upgrade working), and anyone else who contributes info, artwork, or anything else of value does so with no compensation. If I could run this site for a living and still keep it free for all to use, I totally would. But I can’t. The best I can do is keep the lights on, and try to keep things working. Anything else comes as time allows. That being said, yes... the front page does need to be redone.

Future projects will include reworking and restoring many of our valuable DIY threads. I will need some volunteers at that time, as it will be a pretty massive undertaking. I’m looking forward to seeing those quickest to criticize among those volunteers.

Comment

Future projects will include reworking and restoring many of our valuable DIY threads. I will need some volunteers at that time, as it will be a pretty massive undertaking. I’m looking forward to seeing those quickest to criticize among those volunteers.
                        Here is your first volunteer!
                        ~Nick~

Comment

That's why this is the best honda site!!!!

Comment

You got some helping hands. You know how to contact me if...
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post

You got some helping hands. You know how to contact me if...
                              Thanks. I'll likely be calling in these offers once I work through the bugs!
                              I'm trying to figure out image upload problems at the moment. We have it set to allow it, I increased the allowable size to... well... more than we should be allowing... and it's still giving me an error, somehow thinking I'm trying to upload an image larger than 2gb. My iPhone 7 PROBABLY isn't taking 2gb pictures!

Once we get picture uploads working, I plan on pushing for people to create MR threads. Then we can do AoM again, because right now we don't have a whole lot of new builds to look at.
                              I also need to figure out why editing the MR threads is making a mess for people. I haven't found a solution to that one yet either. It may just be the old formatting vs. the new formatting. There could be some compatibility issues there that just can't be fixed on the back end.

Comment

Working...
                              X