passing smog tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

passing smog tests

this is for all you guys that bitch and whine about how you cant pass smog with this or that.

Try this and report back... especially if you have serious doubts about passing.
    Anyone can pass smog very easily, I thought I actually posted this but I'll repeat for the late comers.
    If you have to pass a visual, you're on your own. Thats got nothing to do with emissions.

To pass the smog test perform the following steps:

Get the gas tank almost empty, under a 1/4 of a tank

Add two gallons of denatured alcohol from Ace Hardware, Lowes or Home Depot

Proceed directly to smog station and take the test

Recieve pass certificate

Alcohol does not burn hydrocarbons, so you effectively fool the sniffer every time. I've done this on 4 vehicles now, none of which had cats. Well atleast a cat with anything inside it My 240 had over double the stock injector size controlled by a SAFC and I passed easily.

If the car has to be shutoff, you will have a little trouble starting it. It will start mind you, but not on the first crank, it will take 4-5 seconds. This is because the spark energy isn't enough to light off the alcohol mixture. Running the alcohol will not damage your motor or the sensors. Just proceed to the gas station after you pass and fill up with regular.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

I also read that by tuning your car to run on alcohol, and do the right paper work, it becomes smog exempt, as an "alternative fuel vehicle"

thats in cali any way...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Larger injectors have nothing to do with passing or failing your emissions test.

Comment

who said they did?

that's what he's insinuating when he said that he's passed with double the injector size.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

hmmm im gonna book mark that shit cuz im moving from Fla to Ny so im not use to these tests so this might come in handy.

Comment

BUMP this shit is tight and i might try this since i still haven passed smog

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
            "2SIIC"
            Authentic Jerseys for sale
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

I just go to "my friend"... I hope he's still in business

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

OR....you could just keep your car properlly maintained...and it can pass on its own.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                  OR....you could just keep your car properlly maintained...and it can pass on its own.
                  Amen to that.

Comment

x2 But sometimes shit happens, and people get stuck.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

denatured alcohol FTW
                      must try if I ever get stuck.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                      does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

No amount of maintenance could make a car w/no cat pass smogs... sorry

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                          hmmm im gonna book mark that shit cuz im moving from Fla to Ny so im not use to these tests so this might come in handy.
                          It helps to have "special" friends to make you pass. Hell I took a car with broken windshield and alot of other misc shit wrong with it and "passed"

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                            It helps to have "special" friends to make you pass. Hell I took a car with broken windshield and alot of other misc shit wrong with it and "passed"
                            I'd love if Cali had safety inspections. You wouldn't believe the crap that's on the roads out here. Smog tests can only do so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                              I'd love if Cali had safety inspections. You wouldn't believe the crap that's on the roads out here. Smog tests can only do so much.

Safety? Care to elaborate?

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X