Any good RPGs for the GBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good RPGs for the GBA?

I know, it's an old system now that the DS is already on it's second version. Hell, I even have the OLD GBA!

Anyway, I still play it. I have a rechargable battery, a backlight installed, and a flash card. The card is cool, I can download and play any game I want. I don't actually OWN any GBA games, but I've played many! It can also play NES and GB.

Anyway, I've played a few RPGs for the GBA, but nothing good in a while. I couldn't transfer my stuff from Golden Sun, so I never played the sequel. That's the only one I've considered recently. Does anyone know of any other good GBA RPGs?

you have got to get the Castlevania games like Aria of Sorrow, the Final Fantasy remakes (any of them, good old school stuff) , Sword of Mana , Fire Emblem is more of a strategy type game but good stuff none the less.

Comment

Golden Sun 1 and 2

Comment

Its been said, but golden sun and final fantasy tactics

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

any body remember contra?

up down up down left right left right baba select start

sigh the good ole days

youve made me reminisce deev lol

Comment

Yep golden sun 1 and 2 ftw. "Sword of Mana" (Secret of Mana series) is supposed to be a good game like mentioned but I haven't played it yet. Currently I'm playing "The Legend of Zelda:Link to the Past" and it's decent so far. "Mario & Luigi:Superstar Saga" has also been pretty interesting. I definitely recommend picking up a DS Lite though, playing games on it vs my old GBA makes a big difference. Stock backlight ftw and there are some cool flash carts out. I've been playing Mario Kart online against some people from Japan with the wireless lol.
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

All three Castlevania games. I couldnt put any of em down til I finished. Then theres the classic Link to the Past
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

which old gameboy?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Deever, you're going to want to buy a DS later this year since you're a Naruto and RPG fan.

this is taken from RPGamer.com's news section.

R P G A M E R - N E W S B U L L E T I N

Naruto's First RPG Hits North America

JODY BLAIR

STAFF REPORTER

Fans of the popular Naruto anime have a treat in store, as TOMY and D3Publisher of America have announced the upcoming release of Naruto: Path of the Ninja. The RPG title is being released exclusively for the Nintendo DS and is anticipated to ship later this year.

"The Naruto RPG games have proven to be very popular in Japan," said Mark Shinohara, executive vice president, TOMY Corporation. "The upcoming RPG title for North America will bring a completely new style of gameplay to Naruto games, and the fans will love it!"

Naruto: Path of the Ninja will be the first Naruto RPG title to be released in North America and will include all new content. Players will be able to choose from six playable characters to explore the world of Naruto and the Village Hidden in the Leaves, encountering creatures aplenty on the way. Players must use their special techniques in battle, taking advantage of the game's unique time-based combat system.

"We are really looking forward to bringing Naruto: Path of the Ninja to North America," said Careen Yapp, vice president of licensing and business development, D3PA. "Some of the best elements from all the Japanese Naruto RPG releases will be utilized to create an exclusive and unique game that no one has ever seen!"

An official release date has yet to be announced, but the game is expected in fall of 2007. Check back with RPGamer for more updates on this title when they become available.

Comment

Golden Sun 1 & 2, all the FF's (as mentioned above) and (I know I'll hear it for this) Poke-freaking-mon! Up till the FF's came out, Pokemon was considered the #1 RPG for any and all GB variants. And how come you can't transfer your Golden Sun info, Deev? Even if you don't have two GBA's your should be able to transfer. If I recall correctly there is an option to have the first one generate a code that you can input into the second and that will transfer your party info from part 1.

Comment

Deev get a Ds lite....they are not to expensive...got a lot of good games(New Super Mario fucking rocks and so does MarioKart)

Touchscreen, wifi, chat, and the microphone doubles as a means of control...in Princess Peaches game you blow into the microphone to control differnt moods...

and then there is always the best RPG ever :

Last edited by Ralphie; 06-02-2007, 10:27 AM.

Comment

well they are supposedly remaking FF 4 onto the DS using the 3' gfx engine.
                        so that means we'll be seeing Cecil in 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                          well they are supposedly remaking FF 4 onto the DS using the 3' gfx engine.
                          so that means we'll be seeing Cecil in 3D.

Ive been reading on that.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                            Deev get a Ds lite....they are not to expensive...got a lot of good games(New Super Mario fucking rocks and so does MarioKart)

Touchscreen, wifi, chat, and the microphone doubles as a means of control...in Princess Peaches game you blow into the microphone to control differnt moods...

and then there is always the best RPG ever :

I totally agree! Dragon Warrior (the original NES game) got me into RPGs, but FF3 is what made me fall in love with the style. The FF games after that one were all amazing, but 3 is the only one that REALLY sucked me in.

Comment

Yes 3 is outright fucking nuts.

That alone is enough reason to get DS.....FF3 anytime, anyplace!

And Nintendo is so good at making their peripheals eyecatching and classy

Comment

Working...
                              X