Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 point speeding ticket... I called too late to plead not-guilty, now it's postponed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 point speeding ticket... I called too late to plead not-guilty, now it's postponed

Descriptive title?

Basically, the officer needs time to prepare for a not-guilty plea. With 3 cars, 2 on full coverage, I have to do everything I can to keep the points off!

So, since I've pretty much mucked up the works, causing the date to be postponed, I'm probably putting the officer out a bit. I wanted to call or write a letter to apologize for doing so. If I just put his name, operator number, and unit code on the envelope, and send it to the police station, do you think it would reach him? It'd be cool if he took pity and did a no-show, though he doesn't seem to be the type. If apologizing can help me in any way, it's worth writing. Not to mention, I DO feel bad for calling so late (I thought I was a week in advance as of today... it's on the 4th. I misread the ticket!)

So, has anyone ever done anything like this? Any other suggestions?

I know a lawyer in NYC that could make that ticket dissappear like magic for $1000. Dont have to worry about court or anything. Its not even gonna show up on your record.

Comment

Yea it should get to him if you address it like that.

As far as how much itll help depends. If you can write good and come off as sincere then he might help you out.

The nice cops would be suprised by an act like that and want to return the favor.

But the dicks would just laugh and show all there goon buddies.

But i think its worth the shot eh....couldnt hurt or make things worse. I dont think it could be used against you in any way. But you might want to consider him turning it in as some sort of evidence but i highly doubt it.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by aznsyco84
        I know a lawyer in NYC that could make that ticket dissappear like magic for $1000. Dont have to worry about court or anything. Its not even gonna show up on your record.

Wow lol.

Thats not even worth it.

if he goes to court and the cop doesnt show he walks away free out no money.

1k?

Damn NYC is expensive....we do that in fla all day long for 50$

Comment

Yeah, I don't even have $1000 left on my credit card to do that!

I'll try the letter. He didn't seem like a jerk, though he did give me the full 40 in a 25 (I don't think I WAS going that fast, but what can I do? My word against his, I lose.)

I don't really expect him to do a no-show because of it, but maybe he can put in a word or something to help me get it down.

Comment

no one is gonna get you out of a ticktet for 50 bucks. 1k aint bad since itll never be on the record. anyway i jus had court yesterday and the cop was a no show.... good for me right? no they gave him some more time to get there and when he did he said "i just got out of bed" needless to say i lost. the sucky part is i havent had a ticket since november 05 now i have a new one on there

Comment

I speed just about everytime I go out on the roads. And I've never had a ticket and never been pulled over. *knock on wood*

Doesn't it just piss you off what good luck some of us have?

Comment

Originally posted by Lantis
                I speed just about everytime I go out on the roads. And I've never had a ticket and never been pulled over. *knock on wood*

I was the same way for about 2 years then BAM i get 2 tickets in one day.
                www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Dude if your serious i need this, because ive got some tickets in NYC i need taken care of. PM me
                  ]

Comment

Originally posted by Lantis

Originally posted by JaiBeezy DnB
                    I was the same way for about 2 years then BAM i get 2 tickets in one day.
                    x2
                    ]

Comment

whatever you do, DO NOT admit to breaking the law in the letter. Apologize for the inconvenience of court, but mention nothing of the violation it self.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                        whatever you do, DO NOT admit to breaking the law in the letter. Apologize for the inconvenience of court, but mention nothing of the violation it self.
                        chyea.

sometimes if you ask the officer if there is anything that you can do he will let it go, i dont know in your situation because everycop is different, but its worth a try, and if you make the ticket more personal, he may feel bad.
                        ]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          ...So, since I've pretty much mucked up the works...

wait..did you just say 'mucked up?' a word generally reserved for mud?

Nice Ill try and use that in a sentence.

HEY young man, you just got knocked the MUCK up!

Hey you shut the muck up!

or

Hey piss ant why dont you muck off ya bastid.

Sentence enhancers (de-tuned by cb7tuner.com) for the motha-muckin win!
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

theres a place here that does that for just 80.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf
                              theres a place here that does that for just 80.

WHERE?
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X