Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i think i just found my next project car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i think i just found my next project car!!!

just found out needs the exhaust patched up, new left front wheel bearing, headlights that match (apparantly two are halogen and two are normal), and possibly the windshield wipers dont work, but i know they do caus we turned them on at the lot.

the story goes, they took it to get inspected and it failed for those things. so now i gotta convince my dad that its still a worthwhile purchase since i can fix everything at school in like 30 minutes...

its a white '83 camaro
    auto, which would bother me in any other car but my friend has an auto camaro that makes over 400, and its probably faster in a car like that to just stay auto, and not worry about missing shifts lol

its got a lil bit done to it....
    Edelbrock air filter
    Edelbrock manifold
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Edelbrock valve covers
    Rebuilt motor
    3" tach
    oil pressure gauge
    2 other gauges i cant remember atm lol

it needs a little attention to the body, but im in auto body right now at school, so its nothing i cant pull into the shop and fix for cheap AND get a grade on.

im sure alot of u hate this, but hey, if you dont like it, dont postwhore or be all WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!! dont like it? dont post here. go play in the other thousands of threads.

il go get pix right now, expect them in 20 minutes or so.
    Last edited by turbomaxx; 09-22-2007, 09:52 AM.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

pix uploading now
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

what motor does it have in it?

if its a 350 DO IT if its a 305 fuck that

Comment

Looks good, my neighbor had an '85 we were working on and that car had plenty of torque in stock form. Unfortunately he sold it not even half way into the project, after I put lots of my time into it. Good luck on the project though.
        Originally posted by 92dm
        I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
        VOUCHES
        Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

hey yeah mitch its got the 350 and its built!

edelbrock everywhere, and the sound it makes... omg man on start up its just amazing...

plus theres only 108,000 miles on the body, and less on the motor since the rebuild...

man this thing just takes my breath away.

needs some lacquer thinner tho so i can get rid of the little graphics going down the side.. lol there like little red and black flames.... EW!!

Comment

how much?

Comment

but get this.

look at that interior pic. its got prolly close to 1g in gauges alone! thats at least 700-750 i bet.

and twice that in the motor. i mean its a steal. ill just get it,

Comment

fuckin get it hell if you part it out you would still make 2x your money probably fuck

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx

but get this.

look at that interior pic. its got prolly close to 1g in gauges alone! thats at least 700-750 i bet.

and twice that in the motor. i mean its a steal. ill just get it,

Well your a fuck.

I always wanted that year Camaro! Damn!!

But yea it sounds like a steal and they have good potential and good aftermarket.

1k in gauges...am i missing something here?

Theres no way someone spent $1000 on gauges...thats a waste.

Comment

lol more like 100 in gauges

Comment

Not a bad project. Autos in those things can be fast... Many of the muscle cars at the track are auto... heavily modified auto, but still auto!

I wouldn't mind an old Camarobird myself... but they're rather impractical for anything BUT a project car. Those old V8s get bad enough gas mileage... then you mod them, and they get worse! You CAN get good power and good economy, at least from the newer V8s (Lingenfelter managed to get like 30mpg with a 600+hp Corvette), but you have to know what you're doing!

Those older ones are pretty pathetic in terms of power, I think. It'll need some work to be fun. Emissions standards killed the American V8 power production!

Comment

if u get it check out thirdgen.org thats my other fav. website.

I do Own 3 3rd gen camaro. it could be a 305, check the block numbers to make sure is a 350. the blocks and components are identical. I also noticed the Z28 hood on a Brelineta car. Raises questions, Run the Vin to make sure of the milage. the clusters are easy as hell to pull out.

IMO its overpriced... i would pay 700...but 1000 is pushing it.
                        what are Edlebrock internals ?
                        1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                        -Nava

Comment

F-BODY ftw!!

lol those tire look like there off roding.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
                          ----
                          02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                          92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

lol some redneck put his truck tires and wheels on there

Comment

didnt you just buy your car back?

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X