• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralphie
    replied
    Originally posted by deev 2.0 View Post
    I'm curious about it.
    I hadn't heard of it until recently, when someone posted something about supposedly being able to run a Switch emulator on it.

My time and focus for gaming has become rather limited, annoyingly. Unless it's something utterly mindless on my phone, I don't play as much as I'd like. I still haven't finished FF7 Remake on PS4, and I've had it for a year and a half!
    Yea I hear you man. With two kids under 10, I have to force time to play. I missed playing PC games, and since a friend from HS plays religiously, its always a topic of conversation. Since I preordered this, I ended up installing Windows on a separate partition so I could start collecting Windows games and building characters etc.

So I am now juggling time between guitar and video games LOL

Leave a comment:

• Ralphie
    replied
    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
    I am excited and apprehensive… the idea of this seems cool, but the energy needed to run some of these games might cause this to need to be charged constantly or always plugged in.
    Yea I get that. It says between 4-8 hours of game time, depending on whether you are streaming or playing from HDD. For me, I average about 2-3 hours when I play on my PC. That is about all the time I have usually, so im not too concerned.

Also a lot of the time id use it, id be stationary and if it had to be plugged in, while annoying, its possible and id be ok with it.

Im generally looking to use it when I work a double and im stuck sitting in a hospital room for hours on end, when im travelling, or if I just feel like sitting on the couch. So it should be more than adequate for me. Only time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• deev 2.0
    replied
    I'm curious about it.
    I hadn't heard of it until recently, when someone posted something about supposedly being able to run a Switch emulator on it.

My time and focus for gaming has become rather limited, annoyingly. Unless it's something utterly mindless on my phone, I don't play as much as I'd like. I still haven't finished FF7 Remake on PS4, and I've had it for a year and a half!

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    I am excited and apprehensive… the idea of this seems cool, but the energy needed to run some of these games might cause this to need to be charged constantly or always plugged in.

Leave a comment:

• Ralphie
    started a topic Anyone here preordered the Steam Deck?

Anyone here preordered the Steam Deck?

Put down the $5 the other day for the 256GB version. I had originally reserved a 64g one but not trying to worry about loading times. The 64g version is eMMC and the two larger ones are SSD drives.
    Excited to have a really good handheld gaming device. I was planning on building a good gaming PC, but you really cant build anything worthwhile for less than a G.

So im going to be patient and start stocking up my STEAM account.

Been playing CSgo lately.

Played EVE online last night. Its freaking MASSIVE but a lot of fun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	valve-steam-deck-library.jpg Views:	5 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	4979868
    Last edited by Ralphie; 07-29-2021, 08:04 AM.
Working...
X