Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a 2005 or 2006 Honda Accord?

Hello all,

I am in the process to either buy a 2005 or 2006 Honda Accord LX at about the same price and color. Both cars are the same, but the 2006 has a newer look. LED tailights are nice, but expensive to replace versus standard bulbs.

Let me what you think.

Thanks

06 of course. And you won't need to change those LEDs for atleast 5 years.
    wat?

Comment

I Like The 06 That Ass Looks Sexy Lol

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        06 of course. And you won't need to change those LEDs for atleast 5 years.
        I can almost guarantee that you won't need to replace them as long as you own the car. Hell, the bulbs in my CB were still original from when it was new!

Comment

yea, led's last for like 50-70k hours

Comment

05 ass look better

Comment

Both are good cars.

Are those the exact ones you are looking at? Because that 06 is a V6.

As for the years, we have an 04 which is the same as 05 (except for slightly different tails) and we have an 06 V6 but I have driven a 4 banger 07 LX.

The 06-07 looks better honestly. The rearend fits the car much better and the front fascia also looks better. I like the interior cluster and lights better on the 06-07. The materials and features are similar, although the maintenance minder on the 06-07 makes it a little bit easier to keep track of maintenance type stuff.

The 4 cylinder in those is adequate and smooth, although not alarmingly powerful. Personally, if you have the cash to swing it, I would go with a V6. Ours (both of ours are EX V6's) consistently return equal or better MPG to our 4 cylinder Accords and they have FAR FAR more power. They are also much smoother.

The 06-07 has a slightly more firm ride than the 05 will, which personally I also like because it is more connected feeling. The 05 will feel nowhere near as floaty as a 1998-2002 Accord, but it is softer and a little less planted than the 06. It has slightly less road noise and is smoother over broken pavement though. Honda firmed up the bushings for 06-07 as well as tightening the suspension slightly.

Either way, we love both of ours, and I don't think you would go wrong with either. The 06 does have slightly more power, and does look better though. Other than that it is just a matter of minor things and deciding which you like better.
              Last edited by owequitit; 12-29-2008, 11:49 PM.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Both cars are mechaniclly identical...so it really comes down to which one you like the best. Personally, I absolutely LOVE the looks of the 06-07 Accords...much more so than the 03-05s. But thats just me.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by slik90accord
                  I Like The 06 That Ass Looks Sexy Lol
                  X2...........

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda View Post
                    Both cars are mechaniclly identical...so it really comes down to which one you like the best. Personally, I absolutely LOVE the looks of the 06-07 Accords...much more so than the 03-05s. But thats just me.
                    mrhonda, thats a funny name hahah

03-05 ftw = cheaper and look better

07 ass- ftl

Comment

Except for the power increase. I don't know if it was electronic or what though.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                        Except for the power increase. I don't know if it was electronic or what though.
                        Power increase? Hmmm...I didnt know about that one. Is that for the 4cyl or the V6? The only powertrain changes I'm aware of was for the 08's.
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                          The 06-07 has a slightly more firm ride than the 05 will, which personally I also like because it is more connected feeling. The 05 will feel nowhere near as floaty as a 1998-2002 Accord, but it is softer and a little less planted than the 06. It has slightly less road noise and is smoother over broken pavement though. Honda firmed up the bushings for 06-07 as well as tightening the suspension slightly.
                          The 06-07 V6's got 215/50/17's vs. the 205/60/16's on the 05 V6's.
                          So that attributes for the firmer ride as well.

Comment

Power increase? Hmmm...I didnt know about that one. Is that for the 4cyl or the V6? The only powertrain changes I'm aware of was for the 08's.
                            In 2006 the 4 cylinder when from 160-166HP and the V6 went from 240-244HP, although I think Honda sandbagged it because our 06 is noticeably more responsive than the 04.

There are also some gearing differences at least in the V6 models. The 04 has slightly less aggressive gearing, and the transmission doesn't shift as quickly on the wick. It is more biased toward smoothness.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                              The 06-07 V6's got 215/50/17's vs. the 205/60/16's on the 05 V6's.
                              So that attributes for the firmer ride as well.
                              That is part of it as well, although the bushings and spring rates are slightly firmer too.

Comment

Working...
                              X