Buy a 2005 or 2006 Honda Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda certified cars have scratches and chipped paint

I went to see a certified 2006 Honda Accord SE with 17K for $14,999. Although low mileage, I found two small rust spots between the driver side front and rear door. The paint chipped and the area started to rust. There were scratches in the right quarter panel and various scuff marks all over. I am going to finance this car with the body not in perfect condition. The saleperson yells at me saying "spend $10,000 and buy a new car". Honda's 150 point inspection calls out no rust to be present. I'm thinking they missed other inspection items as there is no way for me to verify it. They will touch up the body at no cost, but is it worth to buy it? Its a total of $16,000 with taxes, plates, and fees.

Comment

Originally posted by fac90 View Post
      I went to see a certified 2006 Honda Accord SE with 17K for $14,999. Although low mileage, I found two small rust spots between the driver side front and rear door. The paint chipped and the area started to rust. There were scratches in the right quarter panel and various scuff marks all over. I am going to finance this car with the body not in perfect condition. The saleperson yells at me saying "spend $10,000 and buy a new car". Honda's 150 point inspection calls out no rust to be present. I'm thinking they missed other inspection items as there is no way for me to verify it. They will touch up the body at no cost, but is it worth to buy it? Its a total of $16,000 with taxes, plates, and fees.
      I wouldn't go near a car with rust at that age, or with a payment. Honda made 350,000 of those a year. There MUST be a good candidate out there. Of course, with the way things are now, you are very much likely to be able to get a brand new car for what you are looking at paying for a used one. You should talk to the dealer and see what they can get you.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I would def. go w/ the 06' model. The 05' looked dated especially the rear end, plus engine for engine model for model, you get more features in the newer model. Not to mention, a longer warranty if something does go wrong, so you'll have that 1 extra year of coverage.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
        X