No announcement yet.

Some pics of the Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your car seems to have given me a pretty serious case of the drools right now. Clean ass car bro. Hold on to that gem and treasure it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Wow..you sir have a piece of automotive history..

Lou's Build Thread!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
      "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
        Your car seems to have given me a pretty serious case of the drools right now. Clean ass car bro. Hold on to that gem and treasure it.
        Thanks dude...now clean up that drool
        Originally posted by CB7H22Los View Post
        Wow..you sir have a piece of automotive history..
        I think so too! Thanks man

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
          I dont know too much about integras so i can't tell a REAL typeR from a replica typeR. Care to be informative and explain what makes a real typeR real? I'm not saying yours is fake btw lol
          As stated before, the main differences are the engine/trans and suspension. The engine in the revised ITR was aimed more to be like the B16B. Taughter suspension with upgraded ant-roll bars, along with a lower ride height. Some of the improvement came from the jump from 15" to 16" wheels which were wider than the outgoing ones, allowing for a slightly taller overall profile with a smaller sidewall profile and a wider contact patch. The change in wheel/tire size also saw revised gearing in the transmission. The cams were revised with a different LSA and lobe profiles and it sported the CTR intake manifold. Weight was cut down by removing the sound deadening material and deltion of things such as a console with armrest, stereo, ABS and some "luxury" items. This however is the 98+ spec ITR JDM model. The USDM model recieved a revised version of the B18C1, with modifications to the cam profiles and compression. It is a very different engine than the JDM ITR, which were hand-built units and were blueprinted from factory to achieve more accurate balancing of the rotating assembly. The type R also received larger front brakes as compared to the RS/LS/GS/GS-R (11.2" over 10.8" i believe). The Type R also uses larger splined axles more similar to the Accord/Prelude. The bodies of the cars remained the same, with no difference in metal thickness as previously stated (using thicker metal would increase rigidity, but would also increase weight which is the opposite of Honda was going for) As far as I know the transmission in the USDM Type R was the same as the USDM GS-R, with an optional LSD available in both units (they share the same Model number and gear ratios). HOWEVER, you could look at all of this and spec it out to see if the car in question is real, or you can look in the door at the VIN sticker, the very top of it will state what the car is i.e.: Integra RS/LS/GS/GS-R/Type-R. Technically, someone with knowledge of the car could build a clone, because all thats needed for a base is any DC Integra Coupe, and a big checkbook. Chances are that the cars you see are fakes, but it is possible to see a real one, just keep in mind that if it isn't the 98-01 updated body, it isn't a Type-R.

Clean car man, these things are an absolute blast to drive until you drive a JDM version. Just make sure to track down some od the OEM ITR wheels for the car for later use when those things become worth blood money.

Comment

Working...
          X