Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a car and it has options I cant find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a car and it has options I cant find!

Ok so I traded my cb7 that was rusty and kind of beat up for a cleannnnnn 94 Accord EX 5 speed coupe because the guy wanted a daily that he could drive asap because the 94 had brake issues. Found out it was just the master cylinder today 8) but back on topic.

He was the second owner of this car and as far as mods all he had done is muffler tip, amber corners, painted the OEM wheels white and put in leather front rsx seats. Now I'm getting to the good stuff or what I think is good. The car has full leather interior which was an option. It has the Bose stereo with a 6 disc changer another cool option. Now the two I cannot find. It has OEM fogs but I can't find this listed as an option, I'm sure it was because all others has this listed. But none of that really matters as much as the other "option" that I have left.

It also has a built in car phone unit under the original stereo and is plugged into the factory harness and runs through the speakers. The actual unit that looks like a phone is located in the arm rest. I can't find this ANYWHERE. I'VE been searching all day and can't come up with anything. Does anyone KNOW if this was an option for this year or if it was for a later year and installed here? Like I said when I Google or Bing Honda accord OEM car phone in ANY way I get Nothing.

Last edited by Dy2*STR33T-KING; 01-12-2014, 01:09 AM.
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

I feel like a hipster because I want one.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I have one, an yes it was an option or accessory. I found a couple in cb7's too and an Acura CL. It's cool that its all hooked up tho, I had everything for my car at one point but got lost in storage.
      The cb7 phone is much bigger and connected to the center console and hangs on the passenger side.

There was a brand new complete phone on eBay for 700 and it sold pretty fast.
      Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 01-12-2014, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Here's what I did with mine. One day, a grind came up to that car and goes " that's illegal." The thought it was a police dispatch thing.

Comment

Just to show it works, don't text the number unless you want some late night chat. ;-) Lol jk. But Yea I finally found one and it's for sale for $600! Wowwwww

Comment

I hear that you can get it to work with your cell phone, or there may still be a provider for car phones.

Or just use it as a prank and make people think you're a cop, or ack like your talking on it in front of a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
              I hear that you can get it to work with your cell phone, or there may still be a provider for car phones.

Or just use it as a prank and make people think you're a cop, or ack like your talking on it in front of a cop.
              Is yours hooked up and working?

Comment

No, I had power to it but that was all. I lost it to not paying storage. I have another one but its just the head unit piece.

Comment

Want a working one? Lol

Comment

Alot of the older car phones are GSM based so I believe you would just need to find a GSM service provider.

Comment

What a cool find! Even if it's not functional, I love the coolness factor.

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
                        What a cool find! Even if it's not functional, I love the coolness factor.
                        Exactly what I thought! I'm gonna try to find out everything I can on it so hopefully Maybe I can get it to actually make calls and receive them even if it's only once 8)

Comment

Might be hard to get that old analogue phone working with the cellular carriers of today. Might be able to set it up for emergency use!
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

id sell it to someone for the nostalgia, and get some real parts.
                            itd be kinda like yeah, I fired up my Apple ][e to post on here but the internet bogged down my 300 baud apple cat modem.

or gut it and put in some of todays technology. but either way if you could use it youd get a ticket since its not hands free anyway.

looks cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
                              Here's what I did with mine. One day, a grind came up to that car and goes " that's illegal." The thought it was a police dispatch thing.

OMFG!!! Our first cb had this on it but the phone was missing. There was phone jack near the ebrake. I asked a question about this like 2 years ago and no one had any info on it! Omfg I'm extremely ecstatic for some reason. Mainly because I knew it existed but could never find anyone else with it. Our the cb also had a little antenna at the top of the rear windshield.

Comment

Working...
                              X