X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Civic Type R spied near the Arctic Circle

Click here to view more photos

Will be introduced later this year

Work continues on the Honda Civic Type R as our spies have caught two prototypes undergoing cold weather testing near the Arctic Circle.

Previewed by the Civic Type R Concept II, the production model will has a familiar front fascia but adopts circular fog lights and a more restrained spoiler. The car also has revised side skirts, a four tailpipe exhaust system and a massive rear wing.

A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine will reside under the hood and produce more than 280 PS (206 kW). Honda has previously said this will enable the model to "deliver unmatched performance compared to any previous Type R car" including the "Integra, Accord and even the NSX."

The Honda Civic Type R will also be equipped with a sport-tuned suspension, an Adaptive Damper System and a steering wheel-mounted ‘+R’ button that heightens the engine and steering response.
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501148...-arctic-circle
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Honda Civic Type R spied during final testing

Will have more than 280 HP

A fully camouflaged prototype of the Honda Civic Type R has been spied undergoing final testing ahead of an imminent reveal.

It's been a long time in the making but thankfully the Civic Type R will be revealed in a short while, possibly in early March at the Geneva Motor Show.

This prototype was spotted near the Arctic Circle with a fixed rear wing different than what last year’s concepts had as those featured taillights incorporated in the wing. Moreover, the Type R Concept and Type R Concept II had the third brake light installed within the upper area of the wing while this prototype appears to have it on the spoiler lip.

The front fascia is also toned down and lacks the strips of LED daytime running lights installed on the air vents but the prototype might not feature all the final parts which will be installed in the production car. Also noticeable are the circular fog lights while the fenders don’t seem to be ventilated as they are on the concepts.

Looks aside, Honda has confirmed the Civic Type R will use a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine developing more than 280 HP (206 kW). It will also boast a sport-tuned suspension, quad exhaust arrangement, an adaptive damper system and a +R button mounted on the steering wheel from where the driver can modify the steering and engine response.

Since a Geneva debut is possible, Honda might decide to reveal the car online as early as next month.
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501178...-final-testing
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Comment

Meh.... 280HP, that's it? I guess if the latest turbocharged cobalts made 260, then they have to make 280. But still the V6 accords are now making 300HP with the added weight too.

And "steering wheel-mounted ‘+R’ button that heightens the engine and steering response." ....... really..... . Who wants "lessened engine and steering response" ?

I just figured any new civic would be like the mugen and would have a considerable wow factor. This is not doing it for me, but I guess its an improvement in many ways.

Comment

honda has always been "safe" when it comes to 2 different models making same HP numbers in the US to avoid taking sales from the other. that has always caused disapponiments with consumers :/
        FRIENDS
        DONT LET
        FRIENDS
        ROLL ON
        ROTA'S

Comment

Why does it have to be so flamboyant? It's just too much. Way to much. Not to mention it's not even close to being proportionate. Why not make a fast car that looks at least somewhat normal?

Before someone says it, I'm not talking about the vinyl.

Seems Honda is appealing to the people who want a rice bucket. Disappointing.

Comment

from what i gathered this is a UK designed civic, which i have other things i hate about UK designed honda's, so thats why it doesnt look "normal" and explains the "ricey" feel from it.
            FRIENDS
            DONT LET
            FRIENDS
            ROLL ON
            ROTA'S

Comment

Working...
            X