No announcement yet.

your thoughts on 1998 bmw m3 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beautiful and nice cars, if insurance is a problem than go with something like a 328is, it is possible ot swap some M parts onto some of the regular E36's Either way they are good choice, and yeah repairs are expensive

BTW E34 chassis is my second favourite car behind the ever so lovely E38 7 series

Comment

i drove a 98 coupe the other day and i was very impressed, if you floor it in first gear it revs up like a motorcycle
      You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

nice car

jus hope you have money

maintanence and repairs isnt cheap like the accord...

e36 is my next whip tho

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          If I could I would...prices in NY are a bit higher. Also, I hear some of them have VANOS problems. One of my friends had one back in the day, and it was awesome. It's a lot smaller than the CB though.

My next car might be a regular E36...I really want an E46 coupe though. Good luck
          yo ur back dood ur putting in a dohc thats crazy bro i thought u were selling it.
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
            your thoughts on 1998 bmw m3 coupe
            I think youre going to be spending a lot of $ on premium gas and in insurance on it. Good luck on any repairs or scheduled maintenance you may need; it'll hit 4 digits very very easily.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Nice car for sure

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

nice car youre looking at. Be careful its alot of $$$ in maintaining it..
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  x2 on that inshurance part =)
                  you couldn't afford one nonetheless.

Go for it, i was eyeing a bmw m3 for awhile...well actually still am.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

They are fun cars for sure.

But if you are buying for status, in a few more years, they will be about as much of a status symbol as the older Bimmers (not so much).

If you are buying it for the mechanical pleasure, it is hard to beat.

With 240HP they are quick, but not overtly fast. They do have potential though. Try and get one with the 3.2 liter if you can because they have the same top end with more low end. Manual would be preferrable IMO.

Insurance will be higher because it is a sports car.

Also, repairs will be more expensive overall. I don't know that it is as much a structural integrity issue as it is a little things here and there that add up to big $$.

Also, make sure you aren't getting one that has been raped hard and put away wet. That will just increase the potential for headache.

It would be cheaper to pay the little bit extra on the front end for a good one and not have to worry about it.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Did you see this one I want it so bad
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
                        I think youre going to be spending a lot of $ on premium gas and in insurance on it. Good luck on any repairs or scheduled maintenance you may need; it'll hit 4 digits very very easily.
                        true, but premium gas is like a normal thing in todays world especially if you have an h22 accord or a turbo car...
                        ]

Comment

not enough power stock. with FI they move nicely though.

Comment

e36 m3's are fast...i know a dude who has one with intake...headers&fullexhaust...and a chippp...thing put down likee 230sumtin whp and runsa 13.9 1/4 besides that they are sexy looking cars...ooo but so expensive
                            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

13.9? man id rather keep & build a cb to spank them upside down and sideways..

but yeah, prepare for the german repair price tag.

Comment

i love em, as a matter of fact i almost bought one, but chose to stick with the cb and build it. driven the 2004 m series and eh it's ok. the seats are comfortable. i'll give it that.
                                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                                X