turbo---- B16 vs. H22 (for an EH hatch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo---- B16 vs. H22 (for an EH hatch)

its going to be boosted, want 500hp atleast in the long run, which will be the better choice? (reliability and hp)
    Turbo B16
    36.00%
    Turbo H22
    64.00%
    Last edited by borisdookie7; 06-04-2007, 05:39 PM.

H22...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      H22...
      X2.....................

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

ok, so anybody think the b16 would b better? except for the weight issue?

Comment

Well ifyou only care about hp... I dunno. B16 weighs less so you lose time. I saw one boosted that went 200 mph. Both could get you a lot of power. I dunno, in a civic I'd go b series. Well k if I could. But that's just me.
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Ok, well heres the problem about 500hp on both engines. They are 4 bangers that will need alot of work internally and externally just to make it reliable and fast. Your gonna need alot of money just to get it that high.

You will need so much engine management and work in it that i cant fathom the list of what it is.

Also u will need a new power train to handle the power, and suspension to allow your car to not shift weight and grip the road properly with that HP.

now about both engines and boosting them. The H22 is a bigger engine compared to the B16 so it is possible to get closer to your goal for less $ if u are willing to do some of the wrenching.

The B16 is a popular motor so u can get lucky and find "Clearance" items for it.

But either way, trying to hit 500 hp in either motor is a lengthy procedure that would discourage many into just getting a another car, since it would prolly cost the same.
            www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Hey buddy look at this and I think your ?? would be answered..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-KM...elated&search=
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I voted B16

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i voted H22

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by borisdookie7
                    ok, so anybody think the b16 would b better? except for the weight issue?
                    If you are going for raw power...an H22 is a better choice.

If you want a well balanced car...a b16 might be a better option, but 500whp is not going to make the car feel balanced.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

^^^^^

Fo shizzle.

Comment

g22 w/ vtec head lol
                        either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

K series.

Comment

Originally posted by JaiBeezy DnB
                            Ok, well heres the problem about 500hp on both engines. They are 4 bangers that will need alot of work internally and externally just to make it reliable and fast. Your gonna need alot of money just to get it that high.

You will need so much engine management and work in it that i cant fathom the list of what it is.

Also u will need a new power train to handle the power, and suspension to allow your car to not shift weight and grip the road properly with that HP.

now about both engines and boosting them. The H22 is a bigger engine compared to the B16 so it is possible to get closer to your goal for less $ if u are willing to do some of the wrenching.

The B16 is a popular motor so u can get lucky and find "Clearance" items for it.

But either way, trying to hit 500 hp in either motor is a lengthy procedure that would discourage many into just getting a another car, since it would prolly cost the same.
                            thanx for the heads up, but yea i was expecting that lol, im planning to spend atleast 20g's in the long run on this, o btw the h22 im getting is the closed deck one, and the b series are all open deck right? so wouldnt the h22 be more boost happy anyways? would i still need to sleeve it?

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                              Hey buddy look at this and I think your ?? would be answered..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-KM...elated&search=
                              lol yea i already posted this vid on this thread i think

Comment

Working...
                              X