Clear All

what is that tsb for?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
      what is that tsb for?
      Retorque the steering box bolts. It was an assembly issue for a limited range of Si's in 2009. So basically, they just loosen and then retorque the bolts.

Damn Canucks weren't paying attention that week or something. Maybe it was during the playoffs.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr View Post
        got cbp si a couple of days ago, can't believe you haven't touched the car yet! ill be posting some pics soon.
        I am fighting hard. LOL! You can litterally tickle as much power out of this car as you need to get pretty serious with the H series in order to get.

I have been considering the Hondata Flashpro, and if you are going to mod, that should be your first one. You can pick up 15-20HP through the midrange just by lowering VTEC and it programs in a VTEC window, that adjusts the changeover based on where it needs to be, so there is always VTEC at the right RPM.

It also allows you to switch to the JDM Type R throttle map, which cures the rev hang problem.

Then, it has base maps for just about every basic bolt on combo you can think of, and it still maintains the ability to fully tune it, with boost or whatever you want to do.

In essence, it is the best first mod you can make.

Comment

Dude that boosted vid was impressive. 9#, full traction through 1st and 2nd on stock tires!!!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

pshhh...yeah right. leafs make the playoffs?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

thanks for all the info, it's a great mod and will probably be the first when i start messing with anything in the engine bay.

The guy in the vid is good. very good.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Dude that boosted vid was impressive. 9#, full traction through 1st and 2nd on stock tires!!!!!
                And still ran a low 12. I think he is in the high 11's with the same setup now.

Comment

I think I am going to be taking this car to an HPDE in the near future. Will try to video tape if I actually go.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                    And still ran a low 12. I think he is in the high 11's with the same setup now.
                    Even though the numbers don't add up, I believe it. He must have some kind of traction control built into the ECU.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Even though the numbers don't add up, I believe it. He must have some kind of traction control built into the ECU.
                      It is a 3,000lb car with a WHEEL HP to weight ratio of under 10:1. It adds up just fine.

Comment

So now that the car is fully broken in, what type of fuel economy is the Si returning?

I can imagine you as a fairly conservative driver when sitting at the highway for 10+ minutes.....what's the most you've gotten from a full tank?
                        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                          So now that the car is fully broken in, what type of fuel economy is the Si returning?

I can imagine you as a fairly conservative driver when sitting at the highway for 10+ minutes.....what's the most you've gotten from a full tank?
                          He is still on his first tank.

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post

He is still on his first tank.

My car get INFINITE mileage. It IS a Honda afterall.

Honestly Vero, the MPG never changed much. It started out around 26-27MPG combined, but now it is up to about 28-29. It has been slightly less lately, because it has to warm up everyday, but is still in the 27 ish range.

Oddly, the highway MPG is about 31 MAYBE 32, so it isn't much better than the combined figure.

I wouldn't necessarily say I drive "conservatively" I get VTEC quite a bit, often just because, but I don't rape it every stop light either, so a happy medium.

The most I have ever gotten out of a tank was 330 miles. It wasn't necessarily my best tank, I just didn't have any money to get gas at that time. It allowed me to verify that the low fuel light worked...

The thing I really can't get over about this K20Z3 though is how responsive it is in a similar weight package, and how, despite being generally more powerful, it gets at least as good of MPG as the Accord with the H22.

Whereas the H feels like an on/off switch, this one has much more accessible power throughout the powerband and just hardly ever feels flat footed if you aren't below 2,000-2500 RPM, whereas the H feels pretty flat anywhere below VTEC and ESPECIALLY below 3,000 RPM. I mean, below 3,000 it isn't a rocket or anything, but it can certainly keep the pace of traffic with no issues. And the K series VTEC crossover is even 500 RPM higher. Even when it is in the torque hole, it still feels better.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                              pshhh...yeah right. leafs make the playoffs?
                              lol....

but, liking the SI. Sweet colour
                              RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

Originally posted by led_fut View Post
                                lol....

but, liking the SI. Sweet colour
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X