5spd92 : 1993 Nissan 240sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5spd92 : 1993 Nissan 240sx

Hey guys, yup got another car, still own the CB so no worries there lol. Well just recently i picked up this 93 Nissan 240sx from my uncle for around 400 bucks, must say wasn't a bad deal . From first impressions, you may think this thing is ugly with the rust it has, stock height, steelies, and just looking over all goofy. Its what lies inside that makes me so happy to own it, the car itself including engine and shell has yet to exceed the 100k mark. yes I typed it right under 100k, but shell went through tough times in the miles it put on. Very lucky to own one with such low mileage for its age, but thats really the only upside, besides being a 5 speed, and i like the coupe model over hatchback anyday. Enough with all this non-sense talk, ill let pic's show you its real shape...

In this pic you see the 4 dots on the trunk, is from panel clips covering holes from the stock spoiler on there, which looked ugly so i took it off, wasnt an SE spoiler either.

Under 100k!!!

Clean interior for what it is...except passenger seat.

On to the rust...

thats all the pics I've taken so far, cause its super rainy out and nothing is getting done til it stops. Once it stops engine will get a nice cleaning, along with body. As for rust, I'm pretty good with body work but this one is a little more extensive then what i have tackled, but a good task to take up. its mostly just the rocker panels, outside only underneath is still pretty rust free give or take a few spots, the rear quarters behind the tire, i got those on lock cause those are pretty easy. besides the rust, and a few problems I've run into i don't think its that bad, a good daily for awhile. and you can see the CB gets the garage spot. But heres a to do list, and future plans.

**everything in green is done**
    To Do:
    *Fix rust
    *Figure why Wipers and Washers dont work ( hooked up to toggle switch for now)
    *Figure why speedometer suddenly quit ( happened yesterday )
    *Figure out why A/C controls and vent changing buttons dont work
    *Find problem with cigarette lighter ( need it to charge my phone and Ipod )

Plans:
    *Intake
    *Exhaust
    *Coilovers or New Struts and Lowering Springs
    *Wheels and Tires ( Kicker - bolt pattern same as CB so i can buy 1 set of wheels for 2 cars )
    *Down the road later, Build and Boost ( KA-T )
    *Whenever i have money i would like to do engine swap (rb25dett...Probably will NEVER happen)

well thats it for now til rain is gone, ill update when i can. thanks for looking!
    Last edited by 5spd92; 05-25-2011, 01:12 AM.

Turbo Setup: 100%

looks nice! ive always had a thing for 240s. but you gotta translate that nissan talk for me rb35dett? sounds like jibberish lol

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Originally posted by kaf_baa_seba'a View Post
      looks nice! ive always had a thing for 240s. but you gotta translate that nissan talk for me rb35dett? sounds like jibberish lol
      rb25dett is just the skyline motor.....tt stands for twin turbo

Hows the frame on that thing?.....hopefully its not as rusty as the body.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

rb25dett, is what King James said a skyline motor. but as far as the frame much better condition then the body, a little spot on it from coming up the driveway that scratched the lining off and just some surface rust on it, nothing a little sanding and lining cant fix.

Comment

Little updates in the past few weeks:
          *painted steelies black so they don't look old and rusty
          *exhaust on
          *wiper switch fixed ( replaced )
          *A/C fixed ( just had to add refrigerant )
          *tinted rear windows 5% ( looks better ) no pics yet.
          *fixed cigarette lighter
          everything comes along slowly. Since summer is coming around time to tackle rust.

only got one pic so far will get more sooner or later.
          Last edited by 5spd92; 05-25-2011, 01:11 AM.

Comment

That's a cool project man. However, no offense, but I would ditch it and find one with less rust. That rust is going to take a lot of time and/or money to fix correctly. If it looks that bad on the outside, trust me, you will discover MUCH more rust once you start digging into it to repair it. But in any case, good luck!

Comment

You could always order rust free body cuts from a desert scrap yard
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

ruuuuuust! its a bitch

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i would like to get rid of it, but in my heart i can't it was given to me in my grandpas will so it has sentimental value. panels are on their way, i already poked around, it isnt as bad as it looks it just goes to the seam where the rocker meets the under carriage, and the lower rear quarters are getting fixed next week. But the truth and i can agree its UGLY, but it would be hard to see it go anywhere else. finding one with less rust would be a challenge i would have to grab one from out west. Im the 4th person around my area with a 240sx, and the last one for sale they wanted a little to much for its condition. and it was worse than this one. Seems to me that these are very popular and everyone who has one sells them for an ungodly amount of money. and since my cousin owns his own shop it shouldn't cost to much besides the actual panels.

few more pics:

Yes that is the sleepy eye mod.
                  Last edited by 5spd92; 05-28-2011, 04:04 AM.

Comment

You don't have a digital tach on there?

My buddy has a digital one...is that from a specific model or what?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Only certain models got the digital cluster or HUD. Nice car, not too bad of fix
                      and the body seems perfect! It sucks the way you got it though...

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Digital came off ot the 180sx. JDM Tach. He has a full analog cluster.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                        PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

HUD's came on mostly coupes actually. In the states at least.

Comment

needs moar lower

Comment

Holy shit man that thing is clean, please don't mod it, get a clapped out one to dori dori stock 240s are gonna be worth a lot one day

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X