No announcement yet.

JDMxDB8 : 1994 Acura Integra LS Hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM fuel and oil caps came in today. Time to replace the the old generic ones.
    Raceline USA

Comment

I just hope you don't abandon your project again... like the last 4-5 cars.

Comment

Parts in picture above:

OEM B18C1 cylinder head gasket
        OEM B18C1 valve seals
        OEM fuel cap
        OEM oil cap
        Raceline USA

Comment

im really really contemplating building a high comp ls. i can get crower 404 and valvetrain plus p73 piston already on ls rods for about 400. hmmm.

Comment

No more antenna and rear wiper.
            Last edited by JDMxDB8; 07-04-2011, 01:36 AM.
            Raceline USA

Comment

Yea I meant DC lol not DB.

So far so good man. When are you gonna start guttin the DC and please dont abanfon this time lol
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                Yea I meant DC lol not DB.

So far so good man. When are you gonna start guttin the DC and please dont abanfon this time lol
                Thanks bro. I already started gutting the rear interior. Time for DJ to lose some weight. Lightness is the key to a fast car.
                Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                  Thanks bro. I already started gutting the rear interior. Time for DJ to lose some weight. Lightness is the key to a fast car.
                  Hells yea it is. I'm almost done removing the deadening crap.
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

lightness is a key to a quick car. you can have a 5000lb car be faster than a 1500lb car. also it would depend on the motor. im just curious on how you would make a racing car just replacing engine parts with stock parts especially with an engine that has over 200k miles. its a tired motor no matter how hard you think it runs right now. you'd think you would do a fully built motor for this so-called time attack.
                    Last edited by Formula-ONE; 07-06-2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula-ONE View Post
                      lightness is a key to a quick car. you can have a 5000lb car be faster than a 1500lb car. also it would depend on the motor. im just curious on how you would make a racing car just replacing engine parts with stock parts especially with an engine that has over 200k miles. its a tired motor no matter how hard you think it runs right now. you'd think you would do a fully built motor for this so-called time attack.
                      An Ariel Atom would spank a GT-R on the track solely because the Atom has a better power-to-weight ratio. And who ever said that I was going to be using the B18B1 for time attack? I have a B18C1 in the garage waiting for more parts to complete the swap.
                      Raceline USA

Comment

An Ariel Atom would spank a GT-R on the track solely because the Atom has a better power-to-weight ratio. And who ever said that I was going to be using the B18B1 for time attack? I have a B18C1 in the garage waiting for more parts to complete the swap.
                        you said "key to a fast car" you didnt mention "key to a fast track car" you cant base a lightness of a car being always faster. you're talking about just a car being quicker around a track. I'm talking about in general.

can the super light weight ariel atom be faster than this on a straight?the ariel atom can take off quicker, but at the end, itll be smoked by a dozen miles.

my bad i didnt read that you had another motor. the way you put things out is that it seems like you're hyping up this thread with pix of just normal maintenance parts and pictures of your broken things on your car.

well good luck with your build...

Comment

Originally posted by Formula-ONE View Post
                          you said "key to a fast car" you didnt mention "key to a fast track car" you cant base a lightness of a car being always faster. you're talking about just a car being quicker around a track. I'm talking about in general.

can the super light weight ariel atom be faster than this on a straight?the ariel atom can take off quicker, but at the end, itll be smoked by a dozen miles.

my bad i didnt read that you had another motor. the way you put things out is that it seems like you're hyping up this thread with pix of just normal maintenance parts and pictures of your broken things on your car.

well good luck with your build...
                          You're comparing the Ariel Atom to a land speed racer? Really? And besides, road courses don't have many long straights. So building a well balanced car is more of a priority that building a car that just goes fast in a straight line. I took pictures of the interior to show what it looks like now and you will see what it will look like later on. I'm documenting everything with this build.
                          Raceline USA

Comment

You're comparing the Ariel Atom to a land speed racer? Really? And besides, road courses don't have many long straights. So building a well balanced car is more of a priority that building a car that just goes fast in a straight line. I took pictures of the interior to show what it looks like now and you will see what it will look like later on. I'm documenting everything with this build.
                            what part of in general do you not understand? a land rocket can be faster as in land speed, compared to an atom faster in track times. you're comparing a ariel atom vs a gtr. which ariel atoms is just a tube chasis with wheels and a motor for which in most states wouldn't even allow on the streets, for which the gtr is a car that is an actual production car. im just saying if you wanna compare an ariel atom to a gtr which are 2 completely different things, i can compare an atom to a land rocket in terms of how you define "faster"

good luck with your build...

Comment

Raceline USA

Comment

Raceline USA

Comment

Working...
                                X