No announcement yet.

jhoff_cb7: 1996 Accord LX Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating my profile, I see I get alot of views but no comments.
    Its cool, its not a CB, but I did have a CB at one point.
    I really love my CE1, and I am hoping to finish it soon.

I geuss the reason why it is taking so long, is because my Girlfriend is prego, and its a balancing act.

So, the car got brought to my house on Sunday, its been sitting at my parents since April. I bought the car with the intetions to finish it soon.
    My dad brought it up on a "toater", and I didnt ask him to.
    As he was taking it off the trailer, he ripped my front bumper off.
    I was going to have her put on a flat bed to bring it up, but he was in a hurry to move it for no reason.
    So today, I went out and bought new tools to remove the front bumper, and to attempt to replace the trans myself. I have a friend who wants to help out.
    I cant wait to finish this project.

I really just want to get her on the road again. But its taking so long.

Comment

Did you try replacing JUST the solenoids and is your car actually a 96/97 or is it a 94/95 with a 96 front end on it??? I have done a lot of transmission swaps over the years.... Just want to make sure you don't go creating more work for yourself.
      WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

Replace the solenoids, its a 96 Lx lol

Comment

Last edited by jhoff; 12-03-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Whats up with your front bumper? The transmission swap is NOT hard.... just DON'T forget to unplug the VSS and all the solenoids.... there should be 5 plugs going to the trannsmission apart from the starter wires.... If my memory serves... just take your time... its not hard.... just time consuming.
            WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

My dad ripped it off, getting it off the 2 wheel hauler. I was so pissed off. Because it had scuffs, but nothing major. he fucked up the lip and and the clips.

Comment

You can fix that seriously...
                WAGONS

Comment

im just getting a new cover. Might as well. Dont know what to run for a lip, ill prob just use the old lip.

Comment

I didnt get the trans out, but I got close.
                    It will be finished soon.
                    Ill move the jack stands when we start to get under the car.
                    Its hard to lift a dropped car high enough.

Last edited by jhoff; 12-08-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

The trans is in the car. About fucking time. But, it just snowed and I still got to button everything up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                          The trans is in the car. About fucking time. But, it just snowed and I still got to button everything up.

WAHOO!!! GOOD JOB MAN! Now....get it done so you can drive it already JEESH!!! JK! Congrats and it will be a GREAT family car.
                          WAGONS

Comment

Still got five things yet....
                            1) hook everything back up in the engine bay
                            2) buy fluids and replace the oil filter
                            3) put back on the bumper/ grill
                            4) replace the drivers cv we destroyed
                            5) renew plates/insure

Comment

New one

Old one

My buddy Jesse helping me out.

Ready for it to look like this again